1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agree or disagree: this is by far the most disappointing season in Rockets history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperMarioBro, Feb 11, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I might be confusing that year with 99..we were definitely suppose to be better whatever year it was...we had a ton of injuries, like i said. this year we're only 7-10 games back of where we should be..The year I'm thinking of was at least that, but likely more. People just think it's more disappointing because they falsely thought last year wasn't a fluke. We're still not better than GS, SA, OKC, and still have trouble with Memphis and Clippers. Last year was best case scenario for us up to the WCF.

2. alethios

alethios Member

I sort of felt the same way about golf after Tiger started his meltdown in 2009. I thought Spieth would re-kindle that desire to watch golf religiously but it hasn't happened.

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Cuz of Sampson's injuries? Like I was getting at, I think that's a different kind of disappointment, and not as bad as watching a perfectly in-tact team just completely flounder.

Which was worse and why?

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Also, this season is far from over...not saying they're going to go on an epic come back...but they could still realistically end up in the 6th seed..maybe even 5th, now that Gasol is out. Too early for this thread..

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Season is not over

6. TheresTheDagger

In my 23 years of fandom...yes.

At least so far.

7. R=$

R=$ Member

No. Scotty Pippen year. Loser:mad:

8. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely the most disappointing.

I never thought this team was in the same league as the Warriors, but I had hoped that the addition of Lawson would give us a new dimension. I had also hoped that we'd see some improvement in team chemistry on the defensive end.

Instead, this is the most unwatchable team since the Francis years. Not only are we losing, but we're winning and losing via a new version of Uglyball.

If Howard goes, I hope Harden isn't far behind. The guy is fools gold and the fans are the fools if they think he can lead a team to a championship.

9. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Pretty frustrating year. I keep watching the games, but it's not any fun.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Most disappointing Rockets coaching staff ever....

11. Stepping Razor

Agree. I've watched the Rockets for about 20 yrs now. Hope was restored with Yao and T-Mac (after the iso-filled Francis/Mobley/Moochie era) but no talent around them in the first couple years of the Yao/McGrady experiment. Finally, when the calvary arrived with legit pieces built around them, they physically broke down. It was hard to swallow, but was understandable due to the health vs. talent argument. Now that we once again have our present-day superstar SG and star C combo, talented role players, and relatively good health, we can't put it together, all the while after improving our WCF roster from last season. I truly believed we'd make it back to the WCF at worst this season with the addition of Ty. I'm hoping that we go on a run like no other and get to the 6th seed so that we avoid GSW and SAS like the plague...we're too talented not to make the playoffs and we'll get better after the break. Morey will pull something out of his hat...he job probably depends on it..

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with this.

I have a lot of extra time.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Maybe for now yes, but everything can change by the deadline

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but I agree with this also.

15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I could have sworn I wrote "thus far" in my title, but I guess not. You're right, though. I shouldn't have worded it as a definitive thing... They could in theory turn it around, but they're running out of time. This road trip + the all-star break could be a good opportunity. There's likely a trade or two in the works, too.

But if they don't put together a few good wins within about a week and a half of the break, I will have officially lost all hope.

16. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Pretty much agree. In all the years of following this team since they moved from San Diego, I can't recall a time when my enthusiasm for the Team and the NBA was lower....maybe when Lloyd and Wiggens went down for drug abuse in 1987 is the only thing that even comes close to the disappointment this year.

I suppose it could change with a big turn-around, but actually I doubt it.

For me, it started with training camp where it was obvious to all except the most biased that the team had significant chemistry problems. Then the firing of McHale after 11 games (a firing which was roundly cheered here as the answer to the team's problems) pretty much killed all remaining enthusiasm I had for this team.

I'm at the point where big changes are required before I will re-gain any lost interest...and will never regain any respect for the haters on this forum who clamored constantly for change even while the team was appearing in the WCF.

Lloyd and Wiggens were a big disappointment, but does not compare to the disappointment this year in the Owner, the GM, the coaching staff, and most of all the players.

17. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

I agree

I agree all the way. So much can be done with Howard & Harden not all this garbage

18. jlowe362

jlowe362 Member

There

There still my team, Harden my dis-like favorite player. Maybe they can turn things around. Highly unlikley

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Whoa, well if you started with that expectation - yeah. Not sure if I ever saw them higher than the 55-60 plateau though.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Most disappointing in about 25 years worth of watching.

Before the season I thought that on paper we had more talent then any Rockets team before ever. Finally three stars, depth for days, Capela was showing promise, DMo and Bev coming back from injury, Howard would be healthy, and chemistry would be improved by resigning Brewer, Jet, Bev, and KJ. Add in promising rookies like Harrell and Dekker as well.

There's just no excuses. It's like every player decided to suck at the same time. Yeah DMo is hurt again but other than that there's no major injuries.
    Everyone started the season in a shooting slump.

Lawson looks like someone sucked all the testosterone out of his body and replaced it with oatmeal. Capela, Jones, Brewer, and Jet have all looked abysmal. Ariza, Bev, Thornton, and Smith are just up and down mostly down. That just leaves Harden and Howard as the only consistent producers and Harden was trash the first month of the season.

Turrible just turrrribbbllle...:(