1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwightbuckle

Dwightbuckle New Member

Trade this clown already.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yes. Curses are not real, especially from ****ty rappers.

3. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

On the hopeful side maybe this experience will finally teach Harden something. He's had it good all the way up until now. Successful at Arizona, played on a championship team in OKC, transitioned very successfully to a star in Houston, minor disappointment against portland, gets to go to the western conference finals. A lot times continued success gives the illusion of inevitable progress. You take for granted how things seem to work themselves out. Championship teams don't pop out of a piece of paper, they take time and work.

Depending on the quality of the trade, the timetable for winning with Harden is uncertain. However, I don't see him getting over the hump for a few years mentally (with regard to discipline that is). He's gonna need to do some self-discovering and work harder than ever, and perhaps some more pain if winning is what he really wants.

My, prediction, and I admit it's optimistic, is that he'll reach his overall prime when he's 29/30, once he's a little past his athletic prime.

I prefer not to think about what will happen if he never figures it out. We've put our eggs in the Harden basket, let's hope he delivers.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guess Lowe has 28 other posts for us to read........

"Detroit says: FFFFFFTTTPPP!" (raspberry)

"Lakers says: HELL NAW, say WHUUUUUUUUUUT?"

Etc

Etc....

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Morey isnt doing his 'due diligence' ... he has no leverage now that these rumors are out there.

There won't be a miracle package for Dwight, it will be all filler no killer.

1 person likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He played good in the playoffs, but he is not a winner, nor is he a guy you can build around - anymore.

There is no OLD DD - I have never liked Dwight, I understand why we got him, had to, but I knew his skillset and style would NEVER mesh well with Harden.

That is a universal problem with the way we build our teams - I feel a post coming on.

DD

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Well this puts the heat on Woj now that he could be proven wrong. Man do some people here take his word as gospel

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

On top of that it's downright dumb to try and make Dwight sound like a bad guy saying he's "PR focused." :rolleyes:

The guy has been nothing other than professional in his entire time here and a great person both on and off the court.

9. hakeemthagreat

It could be damage control. Dwight KNOWS his public perception among fans (due to his exits from Orlando/LA) is poor. By him doing this it makes the Rockets look souless. It could be pure PR

10. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Not really, he just reported they're looking for a deal, they're not going to definitively trade Howard

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is not wrong - Dwight is a known liar in regards to what goes on behind closed doors, remember when he got SVG fired? And pretended like he had nothing to do with it?

Dwight is spinning the rumor mill, Houston is trading him and he and his agent are heavily involved.

They just don't want to TELL people that.

DD

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's the right move...if only to cut out that massive downside health risk.

And, One would assume that DM has definite ideas about what to do with the capspace/facilitating devices (contracts)

I think we're playing for next year......

another top 10 player....

and, Thibs...

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Do it, lol

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

I just want something to show for Dwight bc you know were going to lose him for nothing now if we cant find a trade. Just get rid of Brewer with Dwight and get a 1st rounder and an expiring contract. Lets get it over with, get the tank started and go into the summer with cap flexibility and 2 picks.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Not really. Who's to say that the rockets arnt shopping him around? Even if he doesn't get moved in a week.

I'm sure everyone is up for grabs and being shopped outside of harden.

16. Mr Chuck Norris

this is stupid, so you think his success just happened by accident. He Never had failure, do you forget he literally played on another team for 4 years? They had to come over the hump to be in the nba finals, he had to be the clutch preformer in the WCF Spurs/Thunder series. He is a former 6th man of the year award winner and to runner up in MVP, you don't think it took him discipline and hard work to get there. Then he has to carry this entire team because the GM thinks coaching is overrated. This is simply a bad year and a bad team. Stop this ****ing narrative.

17. basketballholic

1. Dwight wants to be here.

2. Dwight wants to get paid.

3. Fegan is using every bit of leverage he has to squeeze as much juice out of a fresh contract for Dwight as possible.

4. Morey knows the market. He knows what Dwight's value is. And he's not going to overpay Dwight.

5. Dwight's free agency is happening right now folks. If Fegan can find a team that will commit to pay Dwight 5/175 or will commit to pay significantly above what Morey has told Fegan/Dwight he will pay, then Fegan is going to try to generate a trade that Morey will do and that Dwight will approve.

6. Guys this is the business. These players have every right to make as much as they possibly can. The teams have every right to pay what they want to for a players services. There has to be a negotiation. And Fegan, love him or hate him (I can't stand him.) is one of the strongest negotiators in the business. Both sides are doing their best to meet their individual goals.

It is going to be very difficult to find an equitable trade for all parties for Dwight. I'm betting he's still here Feb. 21.

Edit: None of this is shocking. This is precisely why I started a thread with a poll months ago about what Dwight's free agent contract value would be. Because when the league announced the gargantuan estimated cap increase for next season we should have known we would wind up here.

#616 basketballholic, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  18. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Agree with you here. You cant pay that much money for a guy that plays so little (he has played lots this season but thats not the case the previous years). Like you said it made sense why we got him since we signed Harden for pennies and wanted to see If Dwight was the copilot to harden. Dwight simply ended up being that drunk pilot that never shows up. Since i heard he wanted max i was disappointed in him. 1. your not worth max Dwight. 2. you would further restrict us in signing someone this summer if you wanted max. I said it a few days ago he is just not worth keeping. I ain't even mad because he is just not worth it. Bye Felicia

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

How is Dwight not a winner? :rolleyes:

The guy has been on winning teams his whole career. Additionally, he's led his teams to the finals and conference finals in both the eastern and western conference. That seems like being a winner...

Some of you have very odd definitions of things.

21. mockster

mockster Member

Thing is it's not a good trade of we get a bunch of mediocre role players back. I mean celtics trade would look ugly for us.

Unless we're getting equal value back it's not really worth the loss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.