1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Could be a PR move to save Dwights... lol... character. I only laugh because im in the minority of people who dont think Dwights such a bad guy. Get over it and move on :/

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No one disputes that the perimeter defense is also bad.

The point is Dwight has also declined to an average defensive center, rebounding aside.

Combine those, and you get this team's defense, which is horrendously bad.

3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

this is probably the biggest myth about the Rockets, we have 3 good players on our team, we have no bench to hold leads or give us a consistent impact.

Harden, Howard............and i'm only saying Lawson because he will go somewhere else and play well. Ariza has dropped off defensively and the rest have been mostly awful

4. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

This exactly wat we need, I been saying this for long time, Schroder is young rondo and horford would fit with haren perfectly, pick and pop all day.

5. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

If that were the case then Capela should be effected too, right?

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like my own crazy one better

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z2gfn56

Ariza/Dwight for Love/Mozgov

NBA Trade Machine says it works.

If Cleveland wants to shore up their defense...

Kyrie
    Shump
    Ariza
    LeBron
    Dwight

That'll do it.

Then we'll have...

Bev / Lawson
    Harden / Thornton
    Brewer (yay!) / KJ
    Love / TJones / Harrell
    Mozgov / Capela

And of course DMo will RIP with his never ending injuries.

7. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

What... no assets to work with.. Just an older C and a guy we could get for free right now... no thanks

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Howard for Horford makes no sense from pretty much any direction.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it isn't that simple, not all stats tell the true work a player does

10. Ryris

Ryris Member

I think Morey should be on the hot seat his experiments have gone on for long enough. We need a real coach that is not a puppet to control hardens game style. Moreys three ball can clearly work as seen in the Warriors but you need 3 point shooters and team d and ball movement which requires players buying to a real coach's system.

11. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

These aren't perfect but just some thoughts to get the ideas going.

Avery Bradley, Amir Johnson, and the Dallas pick Boston owns (maybe throw in RJ Hunter)

Marcin Gortat, Kelly Oubre Jr, Nene, probably a pick

Jrue Holiday, Ryan Anderson, Alex Ajinca

Danilo Gallinari, Darrell Arthur, Lauvergne

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure it does. They are both expiring deals and we'd be trading for a stretchy 5 who might help this team play the way they want to play more often. For Atlanta, they are losing him anyway, why not make the deal?

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol Winslow is better than Beverley, we would have to add extra to get Winslow

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We are not fire selling Dwight, but in the current state his stock isn't particularly high. Everyone in this thread is acting like the Rockets are gonna win the lottery with this one. At BEST, this will be a lateral move. At this point, we are trying to get something instead of losing Dwight in FA for nada.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Shoots just like Rondo as well.

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Nuggets will laugh.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I s'pose you're right.

But doesn't Dwight have the "Dwight Effect"? Where his reputation prevents guys from even attempting some FGs inside on him? Capela doesn't yet have that reputation so maybe more are attempting those shots on him and he's able to contest them?*

*Yes I know that is a weak counterpoint but it's all I got.

18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

And you forgot the horrendous defensive coaching as well. The team is still better with Dwight period, he's their best playoff performer. Today and this season he's worth the max but he's not worth the max there after with his bad knees ect. I wouldn't blame Morey for moving him if it helped the team now and the future, but he's going to be very hard to replace.

19. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish people would stop bringing up the WCF - it was a ****ing fluke and we had no business getting out of the 2nd round. Dallas was the only other playoff team that was legitimately worse than us. We beat the Clips via a once in a lifetime comeback by two guys who will never play that well again. Harden and Howard contributed nothing to that victory.

Dwight has never fit with this team and anybody who thinks otherwise hasn't actually been watching our games. I don't think the lack of chemistry is 100% his fault, however. Harden is such an atrocious interior passer that we were never going to be able to run a successful pick and roll with the two of them. Harden needed more talent along the perimeter (which is where he's comfortable passing to), and I can't help wondering how this team would have looked with Milsap at the 4 (with Asik or someone else at the 5).

20. malakas

malakas Member

First of all Shroeder is not a young Rondo. He is one of the worst possible fits next to Harden. His usage is HUGE (I am not looking now but I think it's 27%?? anyway huge) he is very ball dominant who doesn't/can't shoot well and attacks teh basket. He's not an exceptional playmaker.

Secondly Atlanta has no reason to trade Horford for Dwight because the only reason they want to trade Horford is to be able to sign Bazemore. By paying Dwight 30 per how exactly they save money? And most importantly Dwight is THE WORST FIT for Atlanta's system. Bud is the GM of the team. Bud knows what he wants from his players and someone who can't pass well or shoot is NO STARTER for them.

And lastly if you want Love IF he's even available (since he has been starting to play much better SO very doubtful) you will have to throw much better value than just Dwight to Cleveland. Because Love is younger, and cheaper and in high demand because of being a stretch four.
    And basically I don't see how Lebron will go for it since TT and Dwight would be a horrendous fit and they will be left with no good pf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.