1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bickerstaff lineups, rotations and minutes are horriable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Feb 11, 2016.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Is it just me or does Bickerstaff have Bipoler syndrome. First off his minutes distributed and rotations are so random. For example he always takes guys out like Josh smith and ty lawson n etc out when they are heating up or making plays or plays them 10 minutes and expects them to contribute on crappy minutes in and out of rotation. One night thorton won't even play the next night brewer and jones are playing 30+ minutes with crsppy stats while others sit.

I know some of this is showcasing players but Bickerstaff rotations and minutes are horriable. I swear he makes the worst subs.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

horriable

3. mockster

mockster Member

Horrible opps

4. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Agreed.. I posted in another thread about this.. How can Ty lawson get 9 minutes and Josh smith 6 minutes yesterday? How do they suppose to get any groove going or confidence- hes rotation are so weird.. When Ty Lawson is feeling it- he yanks him

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bc people like you will then complain why did they get so many minutes when they need nothing in the 1st half. It's a lose lose situation

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I always thought Horriable referred to the possibility of a last second play succeeding...as in, "Possible? Not really, but I suppose it's Horriable."

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. htown1984

htown1984 Member

true on that- but seriously 6 minutes for Josh Smith, and 9 minutes for Ty Lawson.. i know TY hasnt been good, but cmon 9 minutes

8. mockster

mockster Member

Josh smith and ty lawson can't be good because Bickerstaff won't allow them to be. Josh smith played good when he's given minutes when he first came back

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. that initial sequence is fools gold. If that was good to you then boy are there some low standards around here.

10. htown1984

htown1984 Member

is not like the other guys his giving minutes too are doing any good..
    Why not unleash KJ mcdaniels? or are we going to sit here and say
    TJ Jones, Brewer or Josh Smith is killing it, that we cant give a guy you signed to a pretty decent contract a shot:

Why sign him then???

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

His rotations were r****ded from the get go. No lineup would stay on court together for longer than couple minutes. Substitutions would keep coming one by one.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Just wait for the changes looming then it'll answer some of those questions

13. htown1984

htown1984 Member

what changes? what do you think is going to happen? Trades?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

personally i think its very likely. It's not like morey isn't notoriously known to at least make a minor move at the deadline. Looking at this current situation and all the huge problems that have come to light, I'm not expecting anything less than 1 move.

15. mockster

mockster Member

Also as far as rockets woes goes it's on the players to but the coaching to me isn't that good. A new coach and some new players could bring some fresh air back in

16. ibm

ibm Member

that shot broke my heart.

screw the fakers, always.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only time the team showed any fire whatsoever was when Harrell was on the court, something that has happened pretty often this season, and he only got 6 total minutes. During those minutes, the Rockets started a comeback, as soon as they were over, the Blazers built their lead back.

It's pretty clear that JBB is far too incompetent to be a head coach.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he's not a hc, he's an assistant forced to be hc, so he's gonna suck. there's also the trade deadline and morey could be messing with the rotation

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's fairly consistent, Dwight getting injured/suspended and the fact that Motiejunas and even Terrence Jones now can't stay healthy messes things up...there's some variation at the tail-end but I don't think it's unusual.

The Rockets mismatched parts and utter and entire dependence on Harden to be the offensive engine, at least on the 4 out of 5 nights that Smith has nothing working, creates more problems.

20. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

harrell needs more minutes