1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale: "Harden came in overweight" and more from TNT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, Feb 10, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

how much crap do you need to get to the next page?

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

wow still not there. the scroll bar is small on my browser but still on page 3
    im disappointed in mchale not clapping in his tnt visit. he should've at least clapped in the background when they were going to commericals

its simple..NEXT PAGE! :CLAP CLAP:

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

finally next page! uhh curry sucks ********* and klay cant hold harden's jockstrap

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

[​IMG][/img]

5. dragician

dragician Member

insert photoshoped picture of Austin Power's Fat b*stard with Harden's face.

6. hakeemthagreat

Yep. Funny hearing him talking about how Cam Newton needs to learn how to be a better professional after losing, but when he was fired his wife goes on twitter and trashes the Rockets organization & James Harden (the same organization STILL paying him millions:rolleyes:).

Yea McHale, you sure have the right to lecture ppl on handling losses gracefully:rolleyes:

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Especially if he's still receiving his salary from the Rockets.

You don't get any pity from me when the way they're playing looks like the way they played under you. The other teams just figured us out.

8. syn

syn Member

[​IMG]

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My views EXACTLY.

Not to mention he goes on to play the violin about how tough it is to be an NBA coach these days. Give me a f'ing break.

Plus, McHale's not a good coach, so who the f cares? He's the equivalent of maybe Corey Brewer as a coach. Brewer has made contributions to some deep playoff runs himself... it doesn't mean he can't be called out for sucking and be traded as soon as possible... if possible.

1 person likes this.
  10. syn

syn Member

:grin: great analogy!

11. haven

haven Member

That's been the theme of the ex-coach basketball podcast circuit this week. Thibs on Bill Simmons's podcast and Vinny DelNegro and George Karl on Zach Lowe's...all pining for the good old days when players played and kept their mouths shut.

I guess I can empathize, to an extent. Unless you think coaches add almost no value (which I don't), it's easy to conclude that coaches shouldn't be at the mercy of their ability to win over the talent.

But, you have to deal with reality. Talent is the single most important driving the success of an NBA team. Free agency, and increasingly shorter contracts (that the owners wanted), means the players have the leverage. Wishful thinking isn't going to change that.

12. JayZ750

I mean the boo-hoo'ing about how tough it is to be an NBA coach is moronic.

You wanted more rope off of the WCF McHale? Great... I bet you a young DMo wanted more rope for an entire two seasons. Or countless other players.

It's more than that. For many of these coaches you can point to one or MANY direct things about their coaching/coaching style that says "I don't care how good the players are on this team, this guy isn't getting the job done as a coach".

Everybody loves Thibs... but how many people really stop to consider maybe he adds the most value as the top assistant coach/d-coordinator. Because as a coach, I never thought to myself "This dude is really maximizing this team offensively", or "This guy is really managing minutes appropriately".

Blatt never had control of the locker room. Was it a tough situation? Absolutely. But all reports indicate the dude was way too passive even in that tough situation. The Karl situation is a train wreck.. not because of the players. The Fisher situation was a train wreck.. not because of the players. The Hornacek situation ... well, I think he probably got a bad deal, though because of management.

Rockets fans don't need to hear about McHale. And I was actually generally a McHale supporter, though I realized his shortcomings. Horrendous play caller. Odd substitutions. No clue defensively. But I always assumed he was a player's coach that was pushing the right buttons and last year to an extent made me believe in that. But it's clear that wasn't the case either.

#72 JayZ750, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Only a few can be called one of the greatest of all time.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Maybe it was for him. Then again, I'm pretty sure ANYTHING is difficult when you just lost your daughter. Did people forget that?

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

McHale's like - "dude, i came into camp in shape back when I broke my foot"

16. JayZ750

What? This has nothing to do with anything. His daughter died 3 years ago. If it had been super difficult for him to be an NBA coach for the last 3 years, he should have stepped aside long ago.

What a strange comment and post.

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

grinning so hard my face hurts.

thank all of you. you are all doing it right.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If someone posts this gif one more time I'm going to reach my boiling point!

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Barkley needs to start a beverage co. Called "Travis Tea"

He could promote it by saying the following (which would be captioned on screen):

"Travis Tea, its not a travesty"

"Travis Tea, it's not turrible "

Intellectual property- copy righted.
    Tfor3
    2-10-16

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stay calm, we're sitting at 8th seed. ;)