1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs' Ginobili out indefinitely with testicular injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 4, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Manu Ginobili underwent surgery earlier today in San Antonio after suffering a testicular injury in last night's Spurs-Pelicans game. Ginobili, who is out indefinitely, will be sidelined for at least one month.

<video width="auto" height="auto" loop preload="none" autoplay poster="//cdn.streamable.com/image/iuws.jpg">
    <source src="//cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/iuws.mp4" type="video/mp4" class="mp4-source"/>

</video>

#1 J.R., Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. 2k1

2k1 Member

"out indefinitely"...."sidelined for a month"...elicits very different reactions.

i thought he was done for but i guess you don't need balls to play hoops

1 person likes this.
  3. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Man he balled too hard.

1 person likes this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This will teach him to play defense instead of flopping before contact :p

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Balls is life

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Old men don't recover from getting kicked in the balls as fast as kids, I guess.

1 person likes this.
  9. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

lol the flops finally got to him.. thank god

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Karma for breaking Aaron Brooks' ankle.

1 person likes this.
  11. mig0s

mig0s Member

Anyone remember the story about someone from the Rockets got sick from Manu's 'sausages'? lol who was it again? Scola?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone remember Virgil Livers...cornerback for the Bears who lost a testicle to one getting "crushed" in a hit.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I don't believe it, I think it's just a ballsy move by Pop to rest him for a month.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

charles dolphin

15. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

dang, he didnt have to flop for that one. well earned.

16. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

It was Delfino

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wonder if a ball got knocked inside of him

18. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

DELFINO BLAMES FOOD POISONING ON GINOBILI; MAY SEEK REVENGE
    Posted by Jeff Garcia on Jan 2, 2013 20:30

ShareTweet
    NBA teams will do whatever it takes within the rules to make sure they have every advantage against an opposing team.

Whether it be some advanced scouting, film break down, or statistical evaluations there is much NBA teams will do to ensure they are fully prepared. However, maybe San Antonio Spurs' Manu Ginobili went the "extra mile" for the team when he had his fellow countryman and friend Rockets' Carlos Delfino over for dinner the night before the two Texas teams squared off last week in San Antonio.

Delfino sat out of the game thanks to a bout of food poisoning he blames on sausage served to him, and only him, when he had dinner with Manu's family (via Houston's Chron.com).
    “It’s funny,” Delfino said of dinner with his friend and Argentina National Team teammate. “I went to his house and everyone eats the same, but this little piece of sausage I get. Then when I get to the hotel … by the time I take a shower I ate a little piece of M&Ms. That was the only things I ate different from Ginobili’s family. I’ve been down for 72 hours and they are everybody healthy. He was blaming himself."
    "Maybe next time we play against them I will talk to my wife about putting some sausage for him, or something like that.”
    The Spurs beat the Rockets 122-116 without having to deal with Delfino's 9.3 points per game and the next time the two teams play won't be until March in Houston.

Though I am sure it was purely an accident if Delfino's illness was to blame for the food served by Manu but perhaps it will behoove the Spurs and Ginobili to decline any dinner invitation from Delfino the night before the next Spurs-Rockets contest.

19. Asian Sensation

Lol Anderson is "that guy". The annoying scrub that tries way too hard at the local gym pickup game from start to finish of that short clip.

Tries to lower his shoulder and give a check initially when he runs up court. Waving for the ball with both hands like a chicken with its head cut off. Uses his off hand to fend off the defender while he charges his way to throwing up a garbage shot but not before traveling. Ends up kneeing someone so hard in the sack that it requires surgery.

1 person likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

sorry not sorry