1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

For what has been a very, very slow trade season thus far, it sounds like there is potential for a pretty crazy grand finale of crazy trades.

A few notes -

-I'd love to see Ibaka either get moved to the 5 w/ OKC or get moved somewhere else. That guy is too good to be put in a corner shooting 3's, and guarding stretch 4's & 3's. The guy is a smaller athletic modern 5. OKC misusing him for the longest time is a crime.

-Whiteside to the Lakers this Summer would be hilarious. The guy is still super immature (check out his snapchats for evidence), and the Lake show would be perfect for the drama on and off the court. I really hope this happens.

-A Griffin trade would have been CRAZY to even discuss just weeks ago. I think the Clips would be dumb to do this (honestly I'd rather trade CP3 if you had to break them up), but they are obviously feeling the need for major change, and this move doesn't hurt them short term. As a Rox fan, I love the idea of moving him to the East.

-KD to GSW always kind of seemed like page click baiting. GSW learned this past year that going star chasing isn't always as preferable as keeping your young guys. KD is a superstar in his own right, and a legit MVP candidate every year, but what they have is so special that bringing in another Superstar player creates unnecessary risk to this team competing for titles for the next 10 years.

Good stuff. Thanks for the insight

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

He is intrigued with living in LA and he is in LOVE with D Russell. Really wants to mold/grow him and Randle. He thinks they can be a dynamic 1-2.

3. rockets018

rockets018 Member

LOL! and or a 23 footer from the corner.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I do not believe JB's team can win a playoff series this year, so the rockets will not keep him as next year head coach.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I would kill for Ibaka on this team, he is the absolute perfect PF for us with his great defense and ability to stretch the 4.

Any chance Rockets try to bid for Blake?

Good to hear KD to GSW is overblown, the Rockets would never have any chance at a ring with Harden if that happened.

DeRozan and Whiteside would be nice pickups for the Lakers, but the really interesting part about DeRozan leaving the Raptors is the chance they blow it up and rebuild if he leaves. Lowry will be 30 and looking for a big contract, perhaps we can get in on that this off season.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Nope. I do not think JVG likes Harden very much, not mention about Howard.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Harden himself is pulling for Kelvin Sampson to return.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc JVG told you this ok

9. malakas

malakas Member

ΟΜG! I just had a heartattack!:eek::eek::eek:
    Thank you cyber!!!WOW One bomb after the other!

I expect Ibaka for a wing. They should try to get Beal or Middleton.
    And Burks + Booker sounds great idea!! A lot of fans have speculated about that. They can't wait for much longer to do smth that Jazz FO.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

YO

THIS

11. malakas

malakas Member

If Lakers get Derozan then it wouldn't be that hard next season to lure someone else.
    Whiteside/ Randle +perhaps Marvin Williams? / Ingram/ Derozan +Clarkson /Russell

And dont' expect Uijiri to sell low on Lowry even if it looks like he should rebuild.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

OK, but this will make many at ClutchFans very unhappy since people around here wanted him fired.

13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

This is like 50 cans of redbull..

14. basketballholic

No. I think there's a very good chance they trade their starting forward because because they want to avoid matching a possible max deal for him which will push them straight up into the luxury tax next season again and put them in a quandry going forward on how to avoid the repeaters luxury tax. And also because Barnes is a non-essential member of the team. They win just as much without him. So, if they could get a decent draft pick in the mid teens and an expiring contract or value longer term contract of a useful player in their system there's a chance they'd do it. I also think there's a very good chance they trade their starting forward because....because they are considering it.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Ibaka to the Bucks would be great if they played him at the 5. I went on a rant earlier but its a shame the way he's underutilized as a sorta stretch 4 in OKC. OKC is good enough to get away with it, but he's just too good to be put in such a small role there.

As a Bucks fan, how would this one make you feel?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z5gjst2

Bucks could be the best defensive team in the league. Get a scoring point guard in the offseason that can push the tempo and that might be my fav league pass team right there.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Everytime it looks like Ujiri should rebuild his team they seem to get better and better lol. I think Toronto still have to have an advantage in free agency. Toronto has been really good to him.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think Ibaka is definitely being underutilized and has been for a long time in OKC but is it more of the volume that you're referring to or giving him more opportunities to expand his game? I see him basically as a stretch 4 who can play excellent defense and guard a variety of players. So that role is good for him. If he gets moved to the 5 what would be the ideal type big next to him be

18. basketballholic

Clips WILL NOT trade Griffin. Clippers are specifically shopping Griffin to scare the holy .... out of him and get him to grow up and quit being stupid. They won't move him....UNLESS....unless something else like this happens again. And they are laying the groundwork for a possible deal in the future by talking to teams. But this is all a ruse to scare some sense into Griffin.

OKC talking Ibaka trades is ALSO just a diversion. (connected to Griffin trade rumors) They're not going to trade Ibaka. Ibaka is one of the best bigs in the game on one of the best contracts in the league. They're trying to see if they can turn over a deal for somebody else (EK +other stuff for Griffin).

Varajao is part of a package deal (along with Mozgov and/or other players) that CLE is throwing out there trying to get teams to nibble on for a larger salaried player. But Varajao is owed most of his salary next season I believe. He's a boat anchor at this point unless CLE willing to take back salary (which they will possibly do for the right players).

Kelvin was being discussed before McHale's dismissal.

#398 basketballholic, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  19. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Well, I`m not sure if you´re claiming you know something we don´t.

But I´m sure of what you should do when you are so close to history. And that´s sticking to your guns and keep what is working.

I want to debate your Barnes opinion. I, too, believed before he was not that important to them, but truth is he is part of their best line up and 50% of their losses (I think) were while he was injured.

20. malakas

malakas Member

I said they should go after Middleton..I didn't say the Bucks or me for that matter should do it.
    But if OKC is shopping Ibaka it's for SURE 100% for a sg. And the prime targets SHOULD be Beal and Middleton. Esp Middleton because he's healthier and much much cheaper. But the Bucks will say no, unless it can be a 3way trade that brings either a great pg or a great young c. And even then I have reservations.

The trade you proposed would create a team that will lose each game by a score of 50-60 because noone would be able to shoot but the opponent won't be able to score well either.:grin:

OKC could try to trade Payne + Ibaka and I will say no. Not trading a young elite sg who fits perfectly for another forward..no matter how good Ibaka is.

Washington on the other hand should be all over that but because they want to try for Durant they will not..
    Perhaps Orlando.