1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ths balla

ths balla Member

As a hispanic, I love when other hispanics speak for all of us and let others know what were going to do :rolleyes: ...I do not need to be coddled by politicians making me feel warm and fuzzy inside or need them to defend me over someone else's troll comments. I vote on who is best for the American people, not on who helps advance my minority group, that is on you. People are way too sensitive these days.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I still think the Trump candidacy is a troll move. I think he hates the ridiculousness of the GOP and is out to just make them as ridiculous as possible.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The day after? He's been making absurd comments quite frequently.

I am not. As stated, there are hundreds of thousands who come in legally and pay a lot of hard earned money to get here. Its a slap in the face to those who try to do whats right. Further, there are many more who want to come here but can't because they do not qualify.
    And this country was not founded on illegal immigration. This continent was colonized ... or conquered, whichever way you want to argue. The point is, this country has laws and this country has the ability to enforce them. If Mexicans feel they can conquer America just as the English, French and Spanish, then let them go right at it.

What is your point? If they do not want to be paid those wages, then they can decline. That is not the same as slavery.

Listen, I get your point about terrible wages. But lets be very clear here. Most of your electronics, especially that precious smartphone in your hand, are made by people who receive much less than the hard workers making $7.00. Additionally most of us live in homes built by low wage employees, which us as home owners enjoy the lower cost of homes.
    In summary, don't be a hypocrite. You partake in this abusive cycle as much as anyone else.

#603 Space Ghost, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  4. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Except for the fact that he's the leading candidate to become the Republican nominee for President of the United States. Also leads the polls for the upcoming Iowa, NH, and SC Republican primaries.

Uh, it seems you're the one not paying attention to politics.
    When you call Mexican immigrants rapists, when you propose building a wall along the Mexican border and having Mexico pay for it, when you propose deporting millions and millions of people, you don't get to pretend to be a "reasonable anti-immigration politician." No.
    And we haven't even gotten to the unconstitutional bit of barring everyone of a certain religion from entering the country.

At least you have the sense to be embarrassed enough of him to attempt to dissociate him from the republican party.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The tea party pretty much created this monster called Donald Trump. Now he's totally trolling them and they can't seem to do anything to stop him. Too little, too late. They've had 7 months to attack Trump as being a phony conservative, but instead they've been sucking up to him and slobbering all over his "anti-establishment outsider" charade.

Even though this presents a pretty doomy outlook for the GOP in the long term, and I'm still a (moderate) Republican, there's something a little satisfying about watching the tea party/talk-radio boobs go into full panic mode as they realize that this is all their own fault and they've been HAD. I listened to 700 this morning (as I always do the day after a debate) and pretty much every (angry) caller was anti-Trump. They are starting to figure out that he doesn't actually have any policies, just rhetoric about 'making America great again.'

Maybe it's not too late to recover from all this nonsense? Kasich is slowly gaining on Trump and Cruz in NH.... I know I'm probably dreaming and things are most likely already too far gone, but anything can happen, right?

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hehehheh,

you'll always have your Leno, your landline, and the last time you were able to call 1600 Pennsylvania Scoreboard..... 12 years ago....soon to be 16....

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Here is what you CAN lump together about Hispanic voters from Obama vs. Romney in 2012: 71% to 25%.

I said afterwards it couldn't get any worse than that for Republicans. Not so sure now.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I am not following. Yes, Trump is very much against illegal immigration. Yes, he's said some very nasty things towards illegal immigrants. However, not all Hispanics are illegal immigrants ... unless I do not understand what a Hispanic is.
    This reminds me when everyone was claiming Trump hated Muslims and wanted to deport all the Muslims.

Its bad enough when we make generalizations (or stereotyping), but its ridiculous when false generalizations are made.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think anyone who believes we should deport 12 million people that would claim not have racial bias is deluding themselves.

Also, Trump's original ban on Muslims included American citizens who were traveling abroad not being allowed to return to the United States.

Like I said, it's not a coinicdence that most Trump supporters are the same people who think things like "it's harder to be a white man today than anything else!" or "I can't even recognize this country!" or "Why isn't there a white history month?" or "Welfare Queens!" or some other variant of what essentially boils down to white nationalism.

No, not ALL of his supporters fit that crowd. Many are truly just sick of Washington politics and believe that an outsider who isn't beholden to money can do something different, but the vast majority have an underlying bond; white and angry.

Republicans have spent years stoking the racial flames without being obvious about it and now it's hurting the party.

11. SamFisher

Trump's favorability rating among hispanic voters is an outrageous -56% on t he unfavorable side, he has been the subject of numerous boycotts and headlines and denounced for months, as would be expected for anybody that has made racism against latinos his calling card.

To describe Trump as lacking hispanic support undersells it - he is radioactive - none of this is hidden knowledge, it has all been discussed openly for months.

What planet are you living on?

Why do you feel compelled to comment on events on our planet?

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Haha...

You are one funny dude, Sam.

Well, Monday is a very important day. If Trump wins Iowa, he is going to cruise into the Republican nomination, and then it is going to be Trump vs. Hillary. TBH, between those two I am not sure which way I am leaning.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Space Ghost, answer me one question if you will: Do you believe Trump was blowing the dog whistle with his statements about Hispanic immigrants and Muslims?

Just a simple yes or no if you please.

14. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

It was interesting listening to In the Loop on 610 this morning. They had Tito Ortiz on and at some point they started talking about Trump.

Tito is a big time Trump supporter. He says as a Mexican-American himself he doesn't believe he will be able to pull off deporting Mexicans and that they will be able to get back in the country anyway if he does.

He is in support of him because of his stance on Muslims. He feels people shouldn't be scared to walk around wondering if a Muslim is hiding a bomb or something. And he thinks Trump will be able to keep all Muslims from coming in.

I don't really have any feelings towards Tito either way, but it's interesting the disconnect he has between these thoughts. He doesn't think Trump can keep out Mexicans, but thinks he will be able to keep out Muslims. But it gave me good insight into why he has such support. He basically has something to say for everybody t latch onto, and if you are misinformed you can easily look over his bigoted views to what you think he can do.

15. SamFisher

LOL, it's not a dog whistle to say most mexicans are drug dealers, all of his silly wall talk, or to say that we need to bring back Eisenhower-era Operation Wetback

Dog whistling is the Reagan-esque tactic of inventing fake cadillac driving welfare queens (those people...) or Willie Horton or States rights.... You could plausibly claim it's about crime or taxes or federalism...

...Trump is just overt, a la white nationalist parties in Europe, which is why he has garnered lots of support form those types of groups here.

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's like the best of Le Pen with the best of Berlusconi all in one! You can have your reactionary white nationalism AND bunga-bunga parties.

17. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

i love it when someone calls me sensitive for being tired of racist comments that has big support from Republican party as per the polls show. I am more disappointed with the party that gave him a huge boost in support after he made those comments than i am worried about the troll itself. I will always be conservative but i have to take a stand against a group of people who are being racist against me. I am not alone on this idea and to think this is not going to be a turning point for the hispanics to vote is dillusional. There has never been a need for the hispanics to vote more than this presidential election to ensure a racist party does not take over.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt the people who are conquered / colonized seem such a semantic difference.

Anyway leaving that aside illegal immigration has been part of this country for a long time. Mexicans have been crossing the border to work agriculture in southern states since the 19th C.. Documentation was very poor at Ellis Island and many of those who came through there came in under different names and even different countries of origins. After the Exclusion Acts that stopped Chinese immigration many enterprising Chinese came up with paper sons where younger Chinese would pretend to be the sons of Chinese who were already here.

Without illegal immigration it's likely much of the infrastructure, construction and agriculture of this country wouldn't have happened or at least been a lot different.

19. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

The day after he made the racist comments about mexicans no one said a word.

Cool i have no problem with your view. I do not condone a party that supports and encourages racism.

Thats your opinion but i still consider that inhumane.

You finally said something i agree with. Yes your right but as a person i try to stop that bad behavior whenever i can because i am good person. Take my hail damaged house as an example. With all the money the insurance gave me i upgraded my roof to a better roof and the remaining balance was spread across with the crew and a gave them a big feast to boot. Just because you are not a person that tries to be better (a christian) doesnt mean others are the same. there are some of us in this world that would like to leave it better than how we came into it.

#619 Camarograna2, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about Mexican Muslims!:eek: