1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Selected as Reserve in All-Star Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emoreland, Jan 29, 2016.

1. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/james-harden-selected-fourth-straight-all-star-game

I realize the Harden hate is strong here but this deserves it's own thread. I know it's not a shock that he's making his 4th straight appearance but he's our franchise guy, this is an accomplishment, and he deserves recognition.

With all of the r****ded threads being started here everyday that have no business being here, here is one that does. Congrats James, you deserve it.

2. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Sweet, his NBA game is tailor made for these types of exhibitions. :rolleyes:

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'm utterly and completely caught off guard by this news.

Talk about the shock of a century! Now get your head on straight and come back after the break ready to ball.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Congrats to Harden. It's good to have representation at the All-Star game.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

The Beard is still putting up the kind of numbers he was last year. No reason he shouldn't have been picked.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Really? I thought they were going to pick KJ McDaniel since Harden obviously needs to sit.

7. BackdoorHarden

He's the best 1 on 1 player in the league and still one of the best offensive player in the league.

Why would anyone be shocked he's an ALL STAR?

You think Dirk played any D? Was anyone shocked when Dirk made it or Magic? Those guys didn't play D either.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

best 1 on 1 player? very much debatable. that's definitely not clear cut. dirks defense looks great if you're comparing it to defensive level of harden.

n

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I realize he's deserving, with a statistically great overall season. I also realize he's our franchise player and the best option we have. But I don't care if he gets any accolades unlike other, past Rockets. To be honest, I don't even enjoy watching him play. He just happens to be our best chance at winning games and drawing other free agents. Good for him.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only idiots hate Harden. The rest of us understand that while he has some obvious flaws, he is still one of the best players in the league. He just started off very poor this season and our team lives and dies by Harden.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

from mvp candidate to all star reserve. by next year he'll be a street FA :(

12. rockets13champs

We just need to win

13. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Defensive lapses are flaws, not giving a sheet is something to complain about.
    Only idiots think haters don't want Harden to do well.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Have you read posts from haters? They don't want Harden to do well. They trash him ever chance they get. They constantly post about trading him. That's not wanting him to do better.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

why does that surprise you? People do the same exact thing with Howard and half the other guys on this team here. But bc it's Harden you take exception to it right

16. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

stupid

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

He regresses too much this season.

You can't even find James Harden in Top10 MVP now.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Thought it was interesting listening to a podcast yesterday and they( believe it was Pelton and Haberstroh)were talking about who were locks to be reserves. Both guys had Harden as a lock, but later they were talking about other guys and how they didn't want a no defense player like Lillard or IT on the all star team and the host said well what about Harden?

Both guys said Harden is just in a different world offensively then a guy like Lillard that even with his bad defense he's still such a great player and that you have to have him as an all star.

Another side note that has nothing to do with Harden really, but they were discussing whether Klay should be on the team, 1 guy said yes 1 guy said no. Anyway they both agreed that he isn't and wondered just how the myth that Klay is this great wing defender got started. Basically saying that a couple years back Doc proclaimed him to be one and everyone just ran with it, when in reality he's barely even average.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Triple double double.

20 reacharounds, 15 turnovers, and 10 bailout passes

Let's get it Harden. Make the other basketball players think it's ok to lose. Contaminate them .

1 person likes this.
  20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I love Harden and I'm probably one of the few left that still defends him, but a part of me wanted him to get robbed of it and not picked. Just feel like that disrespect would have given him the added fuel to really refocus and come out the break pissed off.