1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Ty Lawson is being showcased for the Bucks tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

watching tonight's game showed me two things which most of us already know..Lawson hasn't been utilized properly all year and if he got more playing time we'd see the real ty Lawson show up over time. A couple of his turnovers to me were due to not being assimilated fully. Not really sure we'd get anything for Lawson but the poo poo platter via a trade anyways

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Henson is going to make 11M/year after this season. I apologize that my 14.5M was wrong.

Anyway, I think Morey is going to approach this offseason like he did the 2014 offseason. Namely, go after free agents with max money then resign Dmo/Jones using bird rights to go over the cap. Adding Henson to this team, does not allow that to happen since his new contract will be added to the cap right when this season ends. Adding Henson basically forfeits us going after any max free agent, unless we aren't going to resign Howard or look to trade pretty much everyone on this team but Harden and Howard.

Getting Morris is a different story since his deal is only 8M/year. Trade Ariza and maybe McDaniels and we now have cap space to resign Dwight to be max-ish type contract, go after a max free agent then resign DMo with Bird Rights.

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

5 rebounds 4 assists 18 points....he had 4 turnovers. I think with more playing time he could hit these numbers consistently...obviously cutting down on the turnover ratio is something he would have to minimize but I don't see what the big stink is... IF he got the playing time to push the ball up the court like he was asked to do with they signed him up to be on the team

1 person likes this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The d-mo/jones duo is done both will be gone I believe and that's the best interest of the team IMO. Scratch them off and start over with a Capela/Henson duo.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And it's possible Henson isn't going anywhere.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Lawson for Kidd!

Get'r done Mooories!!!

Yes I know Kidd is 672yrs old ... :eek:

7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

But Capela and Henson are basically the same player. Long, thin. Henson is much more polished but comes at a very steep price compared to Capela. Do not see the point in having both. This team needs variety.

Secondly, Capela isn't even a PF. Its time that he gets moved back to the bench.

DMo/Jones add variety to this team. Both can be the PFs this team wants since they can shoot the 3 with some success. I think Morey is going to keep DMo, unless he can get a better player aka Ryan Anderson.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Amazing how Lawson has his best game in a showcase effort. Maybe just "showcase" him every night!

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

lol no kiddin...you might be onto somethin! Play da man!

10. cyberx

cyberx Member

Malakas Has it right.

11. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Over half the season is over, he is going to get cut after the season and has played like garbage. I'd take anything for him at this point.

12. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I'd trade any player on this roster for Giannis

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

For those wondering, malakas said the deal could likely include Milwaukees expirings; Bayless, Mayo, Plumlee, Copeland.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets getting Orange Juice & Mayo sandwich?!

One man's junk is another man's treasure?
    One man's junk is another man's...junk?

15. max14

max14 Member

I'd be happy if it's Lawson for Jason Kidd as coach.

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Well that sucks

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Everything fits!

#117 Carl Herrera, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  18. 18pbr

18pbr Member

hahahaha OMG...i almost fell off the bed laughing at this comment lol Cluthfans are the best

19. malakas

malakas Member

thanx cyber.

That means is Mayo for sure. And possibly also Vasquez (who btw just changed his agent).

Well Rockets fans you should be ok with this. Because Mayo fits in the Rockets. You will see. And if he manages to come off his slump which he more likely will because it's his contract year afterall soon enough Mayo will be a favourite here. He is able to play on and off the ball he can be the primary playmaker or play off Harden. His defence is ok (much better than Lawson). He is also a good lockeroom guy who stands up for his teammates when they are bullied (well not sure that is needed for the Rockets but for the Bucks it was because all the team is pretty much too young and too nice) but is prone to lose it and get techs some times. I think if he's traded here he will contribute.

As for the Bucks...I guess being patient is just a word.:rolleyes:

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

despite the loss, I liked how the game was flowing with the ball in the hands of a true pg... I hope we keep lawson and play this brand of team ball going forward - rather than harden bringing the ball up and playing iso ball all game... imo