1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Ty Lawson is being showcased for the Bucks tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. thejav

thejav Member

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I have been clamoring for Henson for a while...I really like his game and would be a very nice complement to a healthy Dwight. But shipping Lawson out IMO i think is just foolish.

Mayo alone wouldnt work for me. I would want Bayless in some form...

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Crazy how Ty both 1) played subpar and 2) was not utilized fully as a Rocket.

4. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Bayless
    Mayo

for

Lawson
    Dekker
    Terry

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I agree Henson would be a very pickup.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Trading Lawson is dumb. Period.

His value is an all time low and you're not going to get much in return.

However, a fully incorporated Lawson playing alngside Harden has a ceiling through the roof. Only chance we have to even contend. The poo poo platter you get in return will not move the needle in any way.

I thought Morey is a smart genius. #1 rule is Buy LOW, Sell HIGH

1 person likes this.
  7. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Nothing will happen.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

With Morey and guys like Bob voulgaris the consensus seems to be Harden types need a 3 and D guy at PG. That's why Morey likes Bev. I actually like Hill too, but Morey sticks with his philosophy.

9. AXG

AXG Member

Agreed. Henson should be the target, a very under-the-radar pick-up. Bayless is also a solid backup point.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

What was the part you didn't like?

Just curious lol.

On the Bucks, they obviously want Lawson and I think this trade is fair for them. Two bench guys for a starting quality point guard. I think Kidd will do a great job getting Ty back into his former level and adding Ty to that group could be very dangerous. The Bucks want to play faster right? Adding Ty instantly does that.

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Henson is going to get paid a lot of money after this season. He just signed a 14.5M/year contract in the offseason. Jones is scheduled to make somewhere close to that this offseason.

Morey wants to keep cap space for 2016 and adding Henson will ruin that.

12. malakas

malakas Member

I am also a Bucks fan. I don't want Ty Lawson. He doesn't fit. He will need the ball in his hands where right now the offence goes through Middleton and Antetokounmpo and the team is rolling and start to win. Plus he will make the defence worse.

But your trade is fair.

13. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

OP spreading rumors

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

It doesn't mean much, but Lawson's value is probably higher now than when we traded for him. He had the recent DWI and suspension cloud hanging over him at the time.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Disagree...Henson's contract is what he wants to be able to offer TJones/Dmo...But it seems that they may be able to get a bit more in the open market. Im not sure of the # of players/PF entering this 2016 free agency, but DMo and TJones will get rich contract offers. One will have to go for sure. But if the Rockets were able to get production from a similar player on a reasonable contract...I think the Rockets would be willing to make it happen.

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I agree. Lawson still has the potential of being the missing piece to us being real competitors. If he can ever figure out his game next to Harden and if the team can come together, they do have a championship ceiling.

But with every passing day that that moment does not happen, there is a reality that it will never happen. Bluntly said, the Rockets are running out of time. If they cannot get it together before the February trade deadline, they have to consider trading Lawson and almost anyone on this team, save for Harden and Howard.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The OP doesnt need to validate himself to you, but the general consensus is that most everyone trusts what he has to say...

18. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Why does everyone assum we'd keep Henson?

19. AXG

AXG Member

Exactly. It means Jones and DMo are both gone. As much as I liked DMo, his back injury is a concern and he may likely never recover full-strength.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

40 games in and people still believe in Lawson. That's funny.