1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ]James Harden went to the strip club at 1:45 AM after OT loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scionxa, Jan 19, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

It's hard to relate to an industry that puts on their show at 7pm, their schedules are different. I'm sure all nba players don't wake up earlier like most of us to start their day.

I don't find harden lazy, he just seems to have settled this year after taking such a big step forward. All will be revealed in time.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not advocating for Harden's behavior if it does not align with your personal morals.

However, there such a thing as "Days Off" given in the NBA, as well as in most modern work environments. After playing a back to back, I would wonder how many teams in the NBA WOULDN'T schedule their off-days on the day after a back to back.

Look.. as I said before, either you don't agree with Harden's morals and you don't want him representing your team any longer and are willing to lose a top five talent in trading him...

or you realize his morals are what they are, and stop asking for something you really don't want in the end.... which is for your team to suck, and trade away a star player. Either you accept that morals > talent, or you take the talent with the issues, and you try to win with the stars that aren't perfect people. You can't always have it both ways. You don't get to hand pick your superstars.

3. dmoneybangbang

We aren't swapping our organization with the Spurs so why compare the best run organization in the nba to ours? We aren't terrible, we have a good organization, but we aren't the Spurs.

Plenty have tried to emulate what the Spurs, but it's impossible to do without Pop or Duncan.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

What you saying is not exactly true.

JPP of the Giants was playing fireworks during the offseason, which is completely legal and actually most normal people will do. He blew his hand up, which is a must tool for his job, so? He lost a great deal of the income because obviously he was struggling to play without a normal hand.

Unless there is a direct indication that because of "Harden going to the strip club" will affect his on floor performance, or there is a forking clause mentioned on his contract to prevent him doing so, or that is actually against the law like Ty Lawson did, its totally a bullshlt personal judgement which has no ground at all.

5. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Celebrity athletes don't go to strip clubs just to "see" things LOL

Their experiences are nothing like yours or mine.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I don't think that matters. The body has a circadian rhythm that doesn't change regardless of when you work. Abnormal sleep patterns and alcohol use clearly contribute to fatigue. If you believe that sleep affects performance in just about any profession, which is pretty well established, then sleep hygiene should be a priority. It is for the Warriors - they look fresh every night. I'm sure a lot goes into that end product, but sleep is certainly part of it.

I'm not saying don't go have fun and cut loose once in a while. But this is a regular thing for Harden. He went out clubbing before critical playoff games last year. He's doing it again this year. Last year people were willing to ignore it because we were winning and Harden was playing like an MVP. This year, it isn't going to fly. He needs to look in the mirror and figure out what kind of example he wants to set. Does he want to be mentioned with MJ and Kobe? Or Arenas and McGrady?

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

So he should just go back to the hotel and cry about the loss? he was not gonna go practice after the game so just let the guy be geez

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Again, the effects of poor sleep hygiene transcend profession and income. The best teams have made sleep hygiene a priority, just as critical as any part of the physical and mental aspects of training. You can't function at your highest level if you're constantly fatigued, and you aren't going to fix fatigue by staying out every off night and drinking til 4 AM.

9. sergio

sergio Member

I've gone to the bar after a bad day at work. Not a big deal

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Do you actually watch NBA games at all?

Pop is known for one thing the best - he likes to rest players, and not over train them.

Because he knows what human beings are, and understand how they feel.

That's why the so called "pop will not allow his players to go to strip club" is just a forking joke.

If you want to say Thib will be harder on Harden's strip club issue, that maybe a little bit more convincing.

But still it will not hold, because if Thib over-train Harden or make him unhappy, he won't last long on his job either.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Say if Harden did not go to the strip club, but instead :

- he went to the church and pray and talking to the priests there till 3 am in the morning.
    - he went to the hospitals and visit the cancer patients and encourage them till 5 am in the morning.
    - he went to a gay club and having intercourse with 5 people there for a 10 hours party.
    - he went to 3 buffet restaurants and ate like Raymond Felton for whole night.

which one is more acceptable for you?

while people are crying for racism and other discriminations, slow down and stop judging people with bullshlt reasons.

12. dmoneybangbang

Is Harden staying up drinking every night? When is harden waking up when he is drinking out till 4am? Is he hammered? So many variables....

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

OK when is the last time Harden missed a stretch of games? Since he's so selfish and is always out drinking and partying you would think his body wouldn't hold up the way you guys explain it. If he's so selfish why does he almost never miss games? Harden is not perfect my only point is that you guys are now nitpicking. Harden is doing the same things he's always done the only difference is he hasn't played as well. Yet Dwight barely plays and you don't see that type of hate on this forum for him. Brewer has been dreadful and somehow on this forum Brewer's play is Harden's fault. Ty Lawson was bad until about 3 or 4 weeks ago but you would think he has been on fire since he got here by the way people talk about him. Successful teams the really successful teams recognize that its a team sport not one person. You need a good GM, Coach, role players and successful superstars. We've had successful stars in large part Harden and Dwight have done their jobs and they were let down by role players and lack of coaching. So now when Harden is having a bad time I'm not going to crap on him. Morey should have put a better coach and team around Harden and Howard and should have never said anything about three's and free throws.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Exactly variables they don't know.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, but alcohol put Steve Francis out of the league.

DD

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Only liars hate statistics. They always prove them wrong.

17. alethios

alethios Member

Dude digs the LA scene - that's all there is to it.

Besides, even if he goes back the hotel or hops on the team plane right after a loss, I'm not going to give him a pass for being lazy and disinterested. His head and heart are not in the right place.

18. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I really don't see the problem, I have no problem with a guy going out after a game, it's the night before that p*sses me off

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he did stay up drinking every night and was constantly "hammered" it would actually make it a bit better that he's about to break the all time turnover record in a season in the NBA. It would at least explain it a bit. I certainly hope this isn't him trying his best, that would be sad.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden does not go to strip clubs.
    Strip clubs go to Harden.