1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TMZ]James Harden went to the strip club at 1:45 AM after OT loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scionxa, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Danny Green partied with Harden last year in the same strip club.

Not only Pop, I am very sure coach K won't give a fork about those players going to a strip club or gay club after the practice also.

2. malakas

malakas Member

as a basketball fan you should ask yourself this :

WHAT ABOUT FREAKING PRACTICE?

Does this rocket team has any serious practices or nah?
    Or are they all clowns?

If you also think that a hungover player who has played 40 minutes the night before and has slept few hours after partying all night and then flying for hours can participate in our practices no problem then our practices are JOKE.

I don't see anyone asking this. Only bashers and apologists.

1 person likes this.
  3. hooroo

hooroo Member

nba players wake up in the afternoon and go to work at night though.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

NEWSFLASH - player has a life outside of work. /nonstory.

1 person likes this.
  5. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

He is a professional athlete. We are in the middle of a season, playing Detroit on Wednesday, he needs to take care of his body. Partying at 1:45am (finish at 4am?) messes up your biological clock. It's not helping.

Andrew Bynum is entitled to play bowling in his free time, doesn't mean he should.

I am a software engineer. I am entitled to cut my fingers off in my free time, doesn't mean I should, as that will stop me from typing and writing code.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't think this Rockets team even practices. I think they just good around. I'm being completely honest. Sure it sucks to see that he enjoys the night life but it is what it is. It's his life and that's how he chooses to live it. I won't chastise the guy because of it. Basketball is a game.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

While Harden doesn't exactly have the best work ethic, there's no issue with him going to a ****ing strip club. It's his own time wtf and the Rox don't have a game. I can even understand it more if he was disappointed with the loss and wanted to take his mind off bball and just have fun.

What's the difference between this and you drinking beer after a hard day's work? Oh wait, you get to relax and Harden has to be about b-ball 24/7. I'm the guy that accuses Harden of partying too hard in the offseason and coming into camp out of shape, but at the same time you need to put this in context. If he was partying in the middle of a back to back or they had a game coming up then fine. In this case though you guys are just hating because we lost the game.

1 person likes this.
  8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

A new coach maybe able to change the personnel and strategy of this team, but what is failing now is the culture of this team.

Too many players just not giving a fork about how this forking game should be played. Of course it always starts with the leader, whose Harden and Dwight.

Yes, I am convinced this team will never win a championship with James Harden as the leader. He is a good scorer and a horrible defender, nothing more, nothing less. Dwight is an over the hill good player but also not mature enough to lead a team when there will be hard time.

9. malakas

malakas Member

And because we all now that Popovich makes his players practice hard, watch film for hours and holds them accountable I have no problem with that.
    But what about the Rockets?
    There is no accountabillity and in contrast to the Spurs we are not dominating the league by playing perfect defence.
    And since you smh know so much what time did danny green went out?
    The most worrying for me is the hour.

10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

See the sig, bruh.

11. dmoneybangbang

Do players usually have practices, serious or not, the day after a west coast trip? I really don't know..

I'm not saying you don't have a point, but we really don't have much of an idea how and when our current rockets or most nba players practice. So much speculation on here about things we really don't know about. The NBA life is a late night type of life given on when games are.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

So what's your alternative then? Tell your players they can't enjoy themselves and hit clubs in cities after games? Just ask yourself if grown ass men would accept that kind of rules, esp. when they visit big time cities like LA.

BTW Harden can sleep on the flight.

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I think coach k is a bit more loose than pop though. Regardless, I doubt pop would be very happy with Danny Green going to the strip club after an abysmal defensive effort and loss in ot.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Good for him.

15. malakas

malakas Member

first of all me and Harden are not paid the same.

I can guarantee you that a great deal of the posters here would rather be paid 215 million dollars and be focused in their work 24/7 and never go out party once again in 5 years than be able to relax after their crap paid job.

Secondly Hardens duties is not just teh playing games. That's NOT what a basketball player has to do, it's not the only requirement in his contract.
    He is required to follow the instructions of the physios including how to keep himself in good shape (diet, and sleep) and to participate in all the teams practices that for most teams are usually everyday or every other day and to participate in film sessions.

Apparently our team doesn't practice hard enough for mr Harden to find it a problem to go out at 2 am and return god knows where knowing that he will have a practice in next days afternoon. No need to sleep much or rest the body.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's our franchise player right? Redick rocked us for 40 points and even if it wasn't always Harden on him, he's partly responsible. There were other no-shows (Lawson, Jones), and the Bev injury hurt us, but only Jones had a lower +/- than Harden (-15), and his 5 missed FT didn't help us any either.

If Harden's our guy going forward, Clutch City has every right to hold him to a higher standard.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Half of the reasons that make Pop being one of the greatest coach is Timmy, and because Timmy can bring the championship, that makes him a much better coach, and because of the championship, that brings the reputation and makes the coaching much easier.

Ask Phil the same question and his reply will also be MJ.

No, Pop did not train them "harder and wiser", its on the players how to manage their personal life.

Larry Brown is also a very good coach, I doubt anyone will blame him anything for Iverson's sorry life after his career.

NBA players are all grown up, except a few high schoolers many years ago, they have no one to blame but themselves.

18. malakas

malakas Member

As far I know fro reading the news, the teams have practices in teh afternoon adn usually the intensity depends on the coach. Sometimes if the team has been dissapointing the coach adds EXTRA practices. I can tell you many examples of serious coaches who have added extra hard practices when their team had high hopes (for example to be a contender) and instead couldn't give two craps to play with effort.

If there was another coach the players would be spitting blood and Harden would think 10 times before going out at 2 am knowing the day after he will have to practice for three hours in DEFENCE.
    Tell the players practice is such and such hour and then everyone makes their own decisions. A player who can't adequately participate in the hard practices is penalised both financially and with more individual practice (for example running 20 extra rounds).
    I am 100% certain that the nba teams have inside regulations fro such situations.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

1) sleep clearly correlates with performance. if Harden is getting enough sleep, it's because the Rockets don't practice. If he isn't, it's because he's too busy being out at the club. Whoever says "he's 26" should look in the mirror - do you get a free pass at 26 for sandbagging it at the job? Is there a point at which you get paid so much that you no longer have to give effort?

2) theoretically teams like the Rockets shouldn't get many off days when it comes to practice. They look like a trainwreck on offense when they aren't overpowering due to sheer talent. They have a haphazard "system" and seem allergic to structure. So if you're out at the club until 4 AM and then sandbag it through practice, that kind of attitude and performance carries forward into the games.

3) If fatigue is an issue, he's out clubbing after a back-to-back. Doesn't really add up.

Harden needs to step it up.

1 person likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

Popovich is very meticulous and demands perfect execution.
    I am sorry but if you think that any puppet coach with Duncan could be like Popovich you are deluded.
    He DEMANDS a lot from hsi players.
    He trains them hard and wise. And rests them when he must but they will not be the ones to have light practices after having such dissapointing seasons.

He made his players watch again and again a heartbreaking loss to pressure them psychologically for christ shake.