1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why are you nitpicking about FINALS losses? Only stupid people think getting to the finals and losing is supposed to be a mark in your legacy. If getting to the finals and losing is so bad what about all those years Kobe and Mj and TD didn't get to the finals? By your silly reasoning going to the finals 1 time and winning a ring in 5 years is somehow better than going to the finals 5 times and winning 1 ring because hey, you don't have a 20% win rate in the finals :rolleyes: Not to mention people like you are acting like MJ in his prime would've beaten GSW with dellavedova etc. ever see the stat where the rest of the team couldn't score a bucket without Lebron? Somehow playing with this team against a deep team like GSW and then losing is supposed to be a mark against his legacy LOLOLOLOL.

The sun came in the morning and year after year the people that keep hating on Lebron become less and less, 3 years ago the people who kept insisting Kobe was better were so many and now the people who keep talking about this are exposed as total goofballs who don't know anything about basketball.

2. adobo

adobo Member

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New Nike LeBron ad <a href="http://t.co/p5Of0avA1u">pic.twitter.com/p5Of0avA1u</a></p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/612601995602591744">June 21, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Mondo Cabeza

Mondo Cabeza Member

That ad seems more like a slap in the face.. "Sorry Cleveland but your mediocrity will never end"

5. theangrycanary

watching the finals, i was awed by how well lebron played.

but today, driving home... i started thinking...

would jordan have missed that game winning shot in the first game? A shot, that if it had gone in, would have prevented overtime?

they win game one. They keep kyrie irving. They go on to win games 2 and 3.

and then... most likely the series.

Thats the difference with jordan. Yeah... Lebron's team sucked. Yeah... Lebron put up great stats... but... damn... that's a shot Jordan would have made.

6. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Objection, speculation.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Lol. Jordan was a benefactor of circumstance. The dice fell for him. He's missed plenty of game winners before. He just happened to benefit from his makes being in the right situations.

That being said Jordan has the better chance of making that shot by a lot. LeBron is a mediocre shooter and he decided the best shot he could create is a contested step back three.

8. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

I agree Jordan had a better chance of making that shot but Lebron is more capable of keeping the game close imo. Guys guarding him give up 40 and that is considered a good enough job to net them the mvp for the series. That is greatness

9. tksense

tksense Member

The two cavs team that went to finals were not even close to being the 2nd best nba team. That's why he kept losing the "finals", despite the cakewalk through the eastern conference teams. There's a reason in some years ppl would say WCF is the real finals.

10. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Blow out choke out.

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Member

it's a game in january... hardly a choke.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

If MJ made every shot like that how come he only has 6 rings in a 10+ year career? According to you he never missed important shots so he should've won every game he ever played in. Stop drinking the kool-aid and watching space jam reruns you can't even tell MJ the real player from MJ the Nike endorser anymore.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2sN4jk819Fc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

That still shouldn't take away from his legacy other teams like the Rox couldn't even last 6 games with multiple stars, LBJ was basically all alone and still won 2 games. If you took LBJ and exchanged him with any other guy on GSW would they have gone 2 games?

LBJ is the MJ of this generation, they aren't exactly alike but overall he can be considered the GOAT of his generation of players, in the same way Tim Duncan was the Goat of the generation before him. Old timers always look at the 90's players with rose tinted glasses so in their eyes MJ will never be surpassed but if we look at history and the fact that there is better technology and training available now chances are MJ has already been surpassed, these old guys just don't want to admit it and will probably never admit it until they die.

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Does anyone else feel like Lebron is done as we know him? I don't think he's winning another chip. He's lost his intimidation factor to me.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So Rockets fans are laughing at Lebron's choke while our James Harden chokes every 2 games?

16. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Member

I don't understand how that puts anyone above reproach. How in the world does your team's successes and failures give/remove your license to criticize?

18. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

It does not. I criticize by saying basically every team sucks on some level. I'm a equal opportunities critic.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Didn't LeBron shoot like 40% in the FInals missing tons of layups too?

20. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Lebron James has the most self-proclaimed career I've seen

He use to be the king of flops. Always b****ing about something, the t-shirt jerseys mess up his shooting, to many minutes he plays, to many minutes in a game, to many games in a season. I hate hearing him talk because is the most correct PR response I've ever seen

I've seen so many videos of him basically acting like he's a prophet and "King James" will be the next biblical testament

He leaves Cleveland to win rings, gets biggest eat ass whooping in finals history, cavs get like 4 number 1 picks, doesn't sign until they bring Kevin love, then Cleveland and ESPN act like its a sacrifice leaving the heat for a teams like the cavs. Lebron is basically the GM and still loses