1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Techie question (cell phone mirroring)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joesr, Jan 14, 2016.

1. joesr

joesr Member

I am wondering if a iPhone and iPad can mirror each other without wifi?

At work, I get bad reception but five feet away I have manageable reception.

Can I leave my phone at the door with a app running but view and control the app from my desk on the iPad?

Is there a program that allows this without wifi? Does airplay only work with wifi?

Am I asking for too much??? LoL.

Maybe another resolution but different route?

Heeeeelp

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Maybe set your phone where it gets service and run a mobile hotspot from your iPhone then connect to it with your iPad?

AirPlay needs wifi to work.

3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

You get bad cell phone reception or bad wifi reception? or both?

If you're on T-Mobile, or american telephone and telegraph, then you can enable "wifi calling" on your phone if it's a 5S or newer and you can make/receive calls, texts, on wifi.

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, probably best shot I think.

5. joesr

joesr Member

I thought about that. Haven't looked into how much it would cost tho. Heard it can be a pretty penny for little data (Sprint)

Anyone with Sprint can relate?

6. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Sprint has wifi calling as well. They actually launched it before AT&T. Sprint even has direct integration with Google voice at the switch level (which is a fantastic feature that Sprint doesnt advertise for whatever reason) But to answer the OP, yes you need some sort of wifi. Your iphone can make calls over wifi if you have it or if you want to use continuity you'd need wifi as well.

Although personally, the easiest solution is to dump Sprint and pick another carrier. ;)

1 person likes this.
  7. joesr

joesr Member

It is not really for calling. More for running apps.

Ie facebook that requires at least 2 bars lte to load everything. So I was hoping I could run facebook on the phone (by the entrance where I can get signal) but control via mirroring on the ipad. Was a hope :D

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Find another wireless carrier. Let me know what price you want to pay and the amount of data that you want.

Also separate question but does your ipad have a SIM slot? You can get 200mb of data from TMobile for free for your tablet.