1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

time to start TJ again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Capella isn't being used correctly next to Dwight and I think Capella is starting to show sign of it.

It was a good fix for a while to control rebounding but when he would thrive more as just a back up C to Dwight and let jones/Dmo/Harrell be PF.

I always close the first and second halfs in 2k with the twin towers but there isn't enough offense when you start them together

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

we gotta use this fluke to unload Jones

hes way overdue

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Starting Jones may help Capella as he hits the inevitable "rookie wall" as a result of playing more minutes than ever before.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

what game were you watching. he had a good game last night from start to end. lol at this criticism

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

You're being generous. Have you heard his voice? No where near puberty.

6. Fantasma Negro

I like his hunger coming off the bench, keep him in his role. Hopefully when Ty comes back, they with Brew and D Mo can find some semblance of chemistry and become a viable offensive unit

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Oh we have a PF that played like a stretch 4, and we shoots ton of 3s and we looked good ummmmmm

8. Fantasma Negro

What? Jones just gave Zach Randolph work for the fifth straight match up and you still think he's a fluke.

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He clearly worked on his shot this offseason, at the expense of everything else.

And even after last night he still tops the NBA list for my r****d Ball rankings. Keep things the way they are.TJones is still clueless on D.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now you are hating on his Mickey Mouse voice? :rolleyes:

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree.

I would keep Capela in the starting lineup just to have some defense. The rebounds help.

I was proud of TJ when he was guarding ZBO though; he wasn't getting his ass handed to him like he usually does.

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

The previous 2 seasons I would say that Jones played adequately when he started for the most part and the team played well as a whole. The playoffs on the other hand exposed him in some key areas and lots of us are down on him. Maybe he's even a little down on himself, but one must also take into account that he was matched up against far superior players such as Blake Griffin, Aldridge, and Draymond Green who pretty much do what they want to do most nights against their opponent anyways. That's why they're elite players. TJ needs to perform in his role and compliment the guys on our team that are supposed to be doing the heavy lifting. He needs to work on finding one thing he can be great at and focus on it. Then he would flourish. He is just okay at several things.

13. roksoer

roksoer Member

Maybe if you're looking just for baskets, sure he had plenty from start to finish. Look at his rotations, look at his body language, look at how slow he is to react to whatever is happening around him, that is until he hit the second three, he got his head in the game by then. He was a disaster before that, one of his worst performances before that seond three.
    It's like guys see they're being guarded by Jones and they get that extra bit of confidence knowing he won't really try to do anything to guard them and thus they hit more shots. Same with Harden's defense.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why? Let him anchor that second unit.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

no i look at everything. he absolutely had a great game last night. Im not going to take away anything from him when that happens, on both sides of the ball. Only people trying to find some little reason to criticize would think that wasn't a solid game from him on both ends and a huge reason for the W. I guess for someone reason everything has to be perfect to acknowledge that where no player in the world is especially for a role player.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Timberwolves game

well done

17. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Jones looking like 6MOY

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Keep bringing up that trade value young fella while helpin us get wins in the process. The big test for him is coming up on Friday.

19. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

No. whatever we are doing now is working, why change it:confused:

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Jones about to bust Kevin Love ass