1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: J Jack was set to become a Rocket before injury (Terry included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cyberx

cyberx Member

Jack was about to get traded here and then he got hurt. Terry was going to go back to the Nets and then get bought out with hopes of signing with the Mavs.

I would assume Lawson was going to be included in the trade, but that is more speculation on my part. I dont have all the specifics except for what I shared.

Be good CF!

2 people like this.
  2. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

3. No Chill Rocket

I love you cyberX

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

How bad is he injured? I posted not too long ago on how I would like to see him on the team.

Edit: Damn, torn ACL.

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

While Terry is far from an all star I like what he brings. Would hate to lose him and hate even more him draining 3's against us in a mav uni.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

impossible. Morey told Lawson that he wan't going to be traded.

7. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would anyone else still consider trading for Jack if we could trade Brewer for him?

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Interesting. Any information on a potential Plan B?

9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

ACL. Would call that bad.

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Would have helped a little, but not enough to get excited about. This season is feeling like 95, we need a homerun trade to save us from blowing large expectations.

It's really hard to know how well a point guard is going to play with Harden. Personally, someone like Norris Cole might be best because his whole career has been sitting in the corner waiting for a pass from a ball-dominant player.
    Then again, how much better is that from Beverly.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Glad it didn't happen.

That would be selling low on Lawson. Jack would not be a better fit here than Lawson and will not move the needle in any way. Lawson is a far superior player.

This teams ultimate ceiling will only be when Lawson is fully integrated alongside Harden and playing 30 minutes a game as the primary ball handler when he is on the court.

And losing Terry? LOL. He is the only leader and vocal presence in the locker room. That would leave this unit deprived of veteran voices

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

at this point as much as his skills and athleticism have deteriorated Terry does bring some stability in the locker room with his leadership. I would rather have him retire than have him go to another team especially the Mavs

Thanks CyberX - its too bad Jack got hurt

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So to make that deal work (Lawson for Jack) the contracts of Bogdanovic and Karasev would have had to have been included.

Then you have the issue with the Rockets needing to unload a player to make roster space.... that's where you get Terry going back to Brooklyn in the deal & getting bought out.

Geez... the Rockets must be desperate to try to get Lawson unloaded to do this deal unless Bogs & Karasev are sneaky pickups.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Damn! I've been asking for Jack for a few years now. Sucks.

15. elainas

elainas Member

This!

Rick rest Dirk, Zaza, D-Will and blow Pelicans anyway..

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Glad you didn't get your way. Jack is NOT a good NBA player at this point. He had a decent season with the Warriors but so did everyone else.

He's everything the Rockets aren't from an efficiency standpoint. He also has another year left on his deal.

This trade had to almost certainly be more about other players Morey has the hots for such as Bogdanovic or Karasev.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That probably means Terry wants out - and the team was doing him a solid......things must be really bad in that locker room, if Terry has lost all hope.....

DD

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Could not agree more. We would be trading Terry to help him, not ourselves. Remember his "not the same team" comment? If he gets out of here, that's a good teacher escaping a bad school. Fix the damn school.

1 person likes this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Guess it really is that bad in the locker room indeed, Terry wants nothing to do with this ****. Jack would've been nice, but a little late anyway..

20. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly what I'm worried about!