1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Okay,

I get disagreeing about a player's output. Hell, I'm a college coach and "our crew" gets into shouting matches over lineups all the time. I'm the coach who's mainly involved in managing the bigs and working with them individually. I get my ass chewed out when I try to tell my partner, who works with our guards, that we should make a change. It happens. Sports is full of opinions and passion that is sometimes displaced.

You obviously have a strong connection to JLin. That's fine. Just don't let it take you to a dark place.

Opinions related to talent are all very subjective.

While Jeremy is playing decently with his new team, I don't agree that his numbers necessarily show that he is a superior player than a guy like Pat Bev. That's just my view. I would take Pat's defense, passion and ability to create off the dribble over Lin's. But that's just me.

However, regardless of how you feel about JLin or Tinman or me (Sorry if I said something that got you juiced up...really), there's no need to compare anyone to a guy who wrote a sexist, perverse manifesto before killing multiple people.

It just doesn't fit, and in these times of mass murders, it should be far, far away from anything basketball related.

Plus, man, this whole Jeremy Lin Vs Rockets Fans is just goofy at this point. It's not THAT serious, UNLESS YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY.

Relax. Have a drink. Enjoy the day off.

2. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Controversy = time. As soon as you have to start moderating the dollar value sinks rapidly. From a financial perspective, it is even worse than that as click rates also fall off considerably in controversial versus general interest threads. I guess pissed off people aren't interested in buying stuff.

But I'd really like to hear people give numbers to this "goldmine" thread.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's a rookie for a reason.

I thought that was danang78

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol you seriously want to be banned from clutchfans!

You are just lucky you got a 99er to reply to a rookie.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

This dude ain't a rockets fan.

Clutch made him a rookie for a reason.

6. Codman

Tin, as a Clutchfans Legend, would you be willing to let this thread go? The LOF issues might go, too.

Just a thought.

In light of this last post of the mass murderer pic, it may be time to see this thread disappear.

7. Codman

Duplicate post. Sorry

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn't bump this thread. The lof Did.

His rookie status was put there for a reason. There's the next status which is non member.

9. sew

sew Member

Just because an insect bumps this thread doesn't mean you have to respond.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... if you're actually serious about ridding cf.net of the 'infestation,' - take care of the source.

You stop posting and I gaurantee you that this thread dies.

10. Codman

Fair enough, 99er :)!

Just think...3 more years and you'll be a 20 year vet. Nice.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I hardly post in here. Just check out my history of posts. But I do drop in from time to time and when you check out a dude's irrational hate, this dude is starting to fit the bill of the profile. The more he hates the more like he seems like he's a fan. But it's indeed astounding.

12. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Demonstrate a bigger version of yourself. You're capable of it.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

rookie status = one step away from leaving clutchfans

14. tinman

Supporting Member

the source is LOFs

that would be sweet if I had admin rights. but that power is reserved for the chief.

15. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

I should be getting Rockets ads...

16. sew

sew Member

You never read.

What do you think is attracting the LOFs?

There's a reason Lakersground no longer has a problem.

17. redearth

Lakersground had the benefit of forewarning. They inoculated and armed themselves accordingly. Their long-time members didn't make the mistake of trying to befriend, or to reason with, or to find common ground with the LOF. No investment = no **** given when LOF left the board.

CF opened its arms to welcome Lin fans. LOF then traumatized long-time CF members for 2 solid years, and now you're asking the victimized to get over themselves? There's a reason Tinman uses terms like "horde" and "insects" to describe LOF.

His ability to read and his comprehension seem fine to me.

18. sew

sew Member

If you've been following this thread - Whenever this thread is bumped by a LOF, the post will involve tinman in one way or another.

It has become a pissing contest between the LOFs and the haters. If the haters would just ignore the trolls, they would go away. But he takes the bait everysingle time and the thread devolves into **** flinging.

Both sides have their trolls.

19. redearth

I think most people want the same outcome. Understandably, there are differing views on how we get there. Tinman is not the problem, he is not the enemy.

Despite appearances, this thread is actually serving a purpose.

20. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Thats how alot of us feel about tinsane and his crew....just because we are fans of lin does not automatically make us lofs.... I been following sports since the 1970`s and a die heart real fan of many sports teams in baseball, football, and the nba. Long before lin and clutch 99ers. People need to point out how wrong this tinsane and his crew has become on there views about lin as a player and person. They hide behind defending clutch and the rockets but we all know its alot more than that because most of us are not those lofs thinking he is the next MJ.

Since tinsane must continue his jayed view of lin and his fans he gets what he deserve now.