1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donald Trump’s Strongest Supporters: A Certain Kind of Democrat

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Dec 31, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So, Donald Trump's largest group of supporters comes from 'a certain kind' of registered Democrat, according to the New York Times. Sure, Trump has supporters across the board. But he is a political moderate at the end of the day. In fact, Trump was a registered Democrat himself as recently as 2004.

So to those who still are trying to imagine that the Donald Trump eruption is a 'conservative' phenomenon, here is your opportunity to get your story straight. He is a moderate who currently is posing as a Republican, but who doubts for a second that he would become a Democrat again if he regarded it as beneficial to himself to do so.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Makes sense, I've always considered Trump to be a Democrat trying to run as a Republican.

3. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

If trump wins the nomination he will win the teamster vote. He will clean up with unions. It wont even be fair for the democrats to be honest. They are putting 100% of their cards into thinking americans are going to buy into the "republicans are racist sexists" after 8 years of a black president who managed to do exactly nothing for racial equality.

All trump needs to win is like 15% of the black vote. and he is already polling way above that with black people.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I've always considered Trump as a performance artist parodying the callousness, fear and hypocrisy of the GOP.

He is laughing his ass off, not belieeeeving they are buying it.

[​IMG]

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why wouldn't a Democrat want Trump as the Republican nominee? Poltically it makes perfect sense.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Except as you know very well, these Democrats want him to be president.

8. Major

Major Member

Ummm, you do understand who these people are, no?

Hint: Democrats used to win a lot of state and local elections in places like West Virginia and Georgia and Arkansas 10-20 years ago. Who are the people the Democrats lost in the South and Appalachia as the party moved from Bill Clinton era to the Obama era?

9. jcee15

right up until he brutalizes hillary in a debate because she has been completely insulated by attacks by the DNC organizing the primary. Hillary is a talentless hack with way too much baggage.

I literally cant wait for hillary to try the sexism card , and in front of probly 100 million american eyes , and trump replying along the lines of "coming from a woman who defended child molesters and personally destroyed the lives of 12 year old rape victims i find that hilarious you would dare call me a sexist"

Its going to be unreal whats going to happen to hillary. It might be the first actual man on woman rape ever televised. And she is going to ruin the idea of a woman running for president just like obama ruined black people from running for president.

Americans are going to realize , in a single instant "oh wow we really cant elect a woman president" once this alpha male absolutely destroys this womans entire life

10. bongman

bongman Member

From the article you shared.....

11. fchowd0311

platitudes

If the debate is in regards to actual policy rhetoric that actually invokes nuance and explicit details besides "I'm going to be great at it!" then I really don't see this impeding rape you are referring to. I really don't care for most of Hilary's rhetoric but most of her rhetoric is still far more nuanced than Trump's brazen platitudes.

I mean eventually he is going to have to be more nuanced than "I know the right people" and "I'll be the best at so and so!". Fortunately for Trump, the recent 10-15 persons debate hides the deficiency of not having any nuance. In a one on one general election debate, nuance is often ramped up. Then again, your ilk really doesn't care about nuanced rhetoric.

12. jcee15

ya its going to be fascinating to hear what hillary clintons actual policy is.

considering its as fluid as piss sprinkling out of my dick.

The reality is we all know what trumps policy is. if you turned of the daily show and actually listened to trump , you would know that its more than just "platitudes". the man is hyper successful because he is competent beyond most peoples understanding of the word. He also has an IQ of 156.

His immigration plan is simple. Kick out every single illegal alien , line them up on the other side of the border wall , and let in the people who are not complete trash to become legal citizens.

That might seem "harsh" but most americans are not concerned about the feelings of people who are here illegally and broke the law. the fact that them being even considered for citizenship is a act of pure generosity on the part of the american people. We could survive the next 100 years with no immigration what so ever. but whatever

13. fchowd0311

If you think gathering all the 10-20 millions illegals and kicking them out is a nuanced policy than you are a larger idiot than I assumed. Nuanced buddy.. How is he going to do that. What explicit steps would he have to accomplish to do such a task. A rational individual would understand that simpleton rhetoric is impractical.

14. jcee15

I can only really guess what he could do.

but forced e-verify would create a system where it would be illegal to employ anybody in this country who is not a american citizen.

You could create a similar system for housing. that kicked people out into the streets who did not have appropriate identification.

but the realistic option trump could use is simply offering to pay for the plane tickets in agreement that the people leaving would be the first in the immigration line back into the country if they go willingly. most of these people want american citizenship more than they want to just be able to live here. If trump offered them potential rapid pathway to citizenship if they left , they would do it.

you are forgetting that in the 40s we deported millions , without the use of a massive transportation system.

it would be simple as cake , you are just acting pendantic because you cant rationalize somebody who is competent getting something done because you are so use to obama being in the white house

15. fchowd0311

Wow... I'm impressed. 'Pedantic', is that the word of the day for you?

16. bongman

bongman Member

I think somebody needs to learn the meaning of sexism.

17. jcee15

you mean like hillary slut shaming 12 year old girls who were raped as "asking for it"

18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Garbage article. This is just a quirk in voter registration in Southern states where voters historically registered as Democrats but have recently voted straight ticket Republican.

If you look at voter registration by party ID, it has been rapidly shifting to Republicans in the South. States like West Virginia and Kentucky were holdovers that were still electing Democrats at the statewide and local level until very recently. (Kentucky still does, West Virginia's democrats will probably get wiped out in 2016)

This isn't some sort of novel discovery. This is just a quirk of voter registration since voters generally never re-identify their party after they switch. As new voters register, this will fix itself out over time but this has nothing to do with Trump somehow connecting to Democrats.

19. bongman

bongman Member

how is that sexist?

20. jcee15

lol just stop.