1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Anyone Tell Me About Bostjan Nachbar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, May 25, 2002.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have heard of most of the possible prospects for the upcoming draft except for this guy.

I would like to know more about him.

Please post in this thread if you have seen or know about Nachbar's game, and how you think he could help our team.

2. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

and video clips would be even better!

see: michecon's Yao thread.

3. connseanery

connseanery New Member

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

so how can you figure out which clips have tskitishvili and nochbar?

5. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

6. connseanery

connseanery New Member

7. fred futureStar

all you need to know is he'll be in a Rocket's uniform come October 2002, along with.........?????

8. LEWIS LLOYD2

LEWIS LLOYD2 Member

What an idiotic thread.

9. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

those stats are awefull!!

and that's freakin Euro-ball

Please don't draft this waste of a roster spot!!

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am from Europe and I can tell you this guy has never really stood out anywhere and there is no real indication that he might be an upgrade over even T-Mo or Langhi (except that he might be a bit better shooter). Let's not draft this guy.

11. empiric

empiric Member

I've seen real many his games and he's real deal. He's not next Stojakovic, because he has another style of playing. He has very strong basketball fundaments, he is do-it-all player, not definetly only shooter like many Europeans. If you like Radmanovic, he is much better player. He can be at least new Turkoglu. I think he is probably the best comparision to Nachbar.
    I will take him. He is profesionalist, he make a ball movement. IMO the biggest difference beetwen Europe and NBA is ball movement. Europe play very modern basketball and Nachbar is a perfect product of European basketball.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Those of you harping on bad stats from the European league need to understand that playing time is granted differently there than in the NBA. Simply because you're better doesn't mean you'll get a lot of playing time. I remember last year several people knocking Pau Gasol simply because he only averaged about 20 mins/game and his stats were below average to average at best. Evaluation of European (and other national) talent is best done by flying your scouts and coaches overseas or watching video footage. This is exactly what's going on with Nickoloz Tskitishvili (I may have butchered the spelling of that). He's hardly even played, yet is probably among the 1-3 most-sought-after foreign players in this draft as well as maybe even being a top-10 or 12 pick as it stands right now.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Merry Christmas from the Vaders...I mean Nachbars <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/StarWars?src=hash">#StarWars</a> <a href="https://t.co/Jxws5Z9uhb">pic.twitter.com/Jxws5Z9uhb</a></p>&mdash; Boštjan Nachbar (@BokiNachbar) <a href="https://twitter.com/BokiNachbar/status/680042171983085573">December 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I almost had forgotten about this guy.

15. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

damn this thread was created in 2002, you figure his daughter would be legal by now

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Future of the Rockets

17. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

His heroics against Malone is still one of my favorite Rockets moments. Doc Rivers' commentary was so spot too.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's probably still better than Corey Brewer.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Could be that Jabba the Hut looking costume. That looks tall enough to be legal.

20. Ubigman

Ubigman Member