1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have Lin fans here who openly say that they are multiple team sites and one who also posts on the Charlotte site.

I have nothing to hide, I believe the best Rockets site on the internet should only have Rockets fans.

Anyone who roots for the Rockets to lose to a specific team because the just want to see a reaction is not really a true Rockets fan.

My reaction is always the same, I hate Lin only fans.

2. tinman

Supporting Member

That's because you were never a Rockets fan.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tonight is the night!! let's get ready for some fukkery!!!!

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

We were in the Western Conference Finals last year and lost to a team that not only won it all but has only lost one game this season. Virtually the same roster. I disagreed with how Morey handled Smith but that's a different conversation. They can right the ship. Harden needs to get in shape, I agree not to pay Howard and with Capella but not losing games. We have talent they just need to get their **** together.

See that's crazy to me. Even if we start losing we aren't getting a high pick. There are a lot of bad teams in the NBA .

They aren't going to keep J.B. . He's a temp coach.

Beverley is fine for his deal under what the new CBA will be. He's just a backup not a starter. Ariza is solid to me. He guards multiple positions and is a solid lockeroom guy. Brewer signing was ignorant when they signed McDaniels too. Neither can shoot (last year was an aberration for him) and McDaniels can play D and run the floor for a lot less. Lawson dropping his PO makes him an asset at the deadline which I'm sure we'll use and Jones will be gone too. Legit laugh at the "Grantland writer who thoughthe was worth 15 mil"

5. tinman

Supporting Member

If there was a planet of just lin only fans, I'd tell the supreme leader to point the death star at it and blow it to smithereens.

Lin fans aren't the dark side, they're the wrong side.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

His hair sucks

7. tinman

Supporting Member

They started lin that game because batum was hurt.

At least pretend you watch basketball

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

if the hornets lose tonight, tinmac has to buy everyone milk tea!

if the hornets win tonight, the LOFs have to make everyone fried rice!

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

oops, typo!

if the hornets win tonight, tinmac has to buy everyone milk tea!

if the hornets lose tonight, the LOFs have to make everyone fried rice!

:grin:

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Only real rockets fans have edit rights

11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I defend Lin because I find it absolutely ridiculous that so many have an irrational hatred towards him. I see him for what he is: an average NBA player. Yet you and others think he's a scrub that doesn't belong in the NBA. Clearly, you are wrong.

It's also hilarious how everyone blames Lin as the sole reason we lost against Portland. There was plenty of blame to go around, but nope, let's scapegoat the 6th man. It's not because McHale can't coach, or TJones bent over for Aldridge to break records, or Asik can't catch a ball, or Matthews constantly attacked Harden so it broke down our defensive rotations, or star player Parsons decided he didn't want to play as the best SF in the series, or the team as a whole underperformed outside of Dwight. Nope, all the blame for the team losing in a best-of-7 series rests on our role player's two plays out of hundreds. Makes sense.

12. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Tinsane asylum inmates does not realize that there are no more LOFs here and we are fans of lins who understands his +/- skills set as a NBA player.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

That portland series was close and the highly paid and hyped point guard on our bench made mistakes we couldn't afford to make.

Last season, old point guards terry and prigs knew what to do in critical situations.

You combine that and his cluelessness vs okc the series the year before, you get someone that is not a good point guard.

14. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Lin barely played vs OKC and played unevenly in what was essentially his first playoff series ever vs Portland. This is not exactly unusual in the annals of the NBA. And the phrase "hyped point guard on our bench" is just loaded with cognitive dissonance.

I still haven't figured out why no one has used the word "jeremiad" on this thread. There can be no more perfect use of it.

15. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Eh...the Lin fans would find a way to blow up the Death Star.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

No one in the universe likes lin fans

17. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

This thread gon blow up tonight

18. yoeddy

Why should I pretend that I watch basketball when I actually do watch basketball? You make no sense.

19. yoeddy

Is that because real rockets fans have to change what they said in order not to look ridiculous?

20. yoeddy

You love us. Admit it.