1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dmo did very well in the paint today, I'm fine that he wasn't shooting, rather have him hanging around the basket if he's feeling it on the post then sitting on the 3pt line. He actually had multiple opportunities to shoot but decided to pass instead.

Good game, he was physical with Griffin and had a nice touch around the rim, needs to work on playing physical without fouling and getting into better rebounding positioning.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why would you want to him to shoot more threes

he's much more important to the team when he's inside the three point line. The three pointer is a second option when he gets left open or whatever.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

DMo is my favorite player

He's very patient and has an amazing work ethic. Despite the horrible coaching he's been receiving, he has changed the identity and focus of the team when he's out there.

If he can stay healthy we definitely have to give him a near max contract, he's the only player on this team deserving of it

4. elainas

elainas Member

with last year O when he gets open shots hes capible of shot .400+ easily. Shot release look so good rigth now

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's not about how many he shoots a game..he needs to be a threat...and it's called practice. He's not the only one shooting so many, but hes had more time for obvious reasons. DMo has always been a gym eat and he's shot with team staff, so Im sure it's a little if . Nothing wrong with trying to shoot better. It's paid off so far.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am a big fan of back to the basket play, but the game has changed.

D-Mo will always remain a primary post player, but he needs to become more confident with his outside shooting.

This will reduce the pressure on his back, and make him more versatile. He really needs to work harder on rebounding, which remains his weak point.

7. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

D-Mo hook shot getting better. Maybe he can even hook shot his free-throw

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He needs a mid range jumper to become a complete offensive big man.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You are making a funny.

10. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Some team out there is going to give Dmo a max contract, considering there aren't too many free agents to choose from this year.

You don't want the Rockets to match?

11. omgTHEpotential

What would be DMo's max contract worth?

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why? Ppl always say this. I ask them why, and they have poor answers.

13. oakdogg

I think you have to be able to rebound above a certain threshold to not be hurting your team as their PF. Look back in history and tell us some truly bad rebounders who were good PF's.

14. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I guess between 25-30 million per year. The guy is easily the most versatile player in free agency this year. A ton of teams will take interest.

15. malakas

malakas Member

around 21 million unless the cap doesn't rise even more than projected (like what happened this summer).

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think he needs to add This to his game because he it's such a deadly option to be able to play pick and pop with Harden.

Theirs a reason Morey wanted bosh/melo/LMA so bad. He knows how leathal a pick and pop play wpukd be between those two players with dwight rolling to the basket.

And most great players have even mentioned it recently (kobe, dirk) that you need a mid range game to keep it honest and makes the game really open up.

Says most young players have the inside game and the outside game but develop the mid range later on.

1 person likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

Yup exactly. PnPop.
    I think most young BIG men first develop a mid range and then try to extend.

18. oakdogg

Yeah, I mean it would add another weapon to his game. I just don't think it would enhance any of his already existing weapons though. I don't think the midrange shot opens up anything for his post game, and it certainly doesn't set up his three point spot ups.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I love the many excuses and the over hyped post for Dmo. Great job at keeping it 100 when discussing his overall game.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Dmo is so good. Will definitely get that max if not very close to it. Not all too worried about his lack of post touches, he'll get his eventually. When the game slows down in the playoffs, that's when they will feed him. For right now, I am extremely happy with the Defense he is playing.