1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lin beasting on Lowry, wow.

2. omgTHEpotential

3. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

If only this guy could be more consistent..

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not to take anything away from the 35 pts, but Lowry guarded Lin on only two of those baskets in the Highlight vid above. Lowry was on Kemba.

5. tksense

tksense Member

It seems Lin was the primary defender on Lowry tho, hence the "beasting on" (6-29). The offensive tear helped too.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Heh, so both Klay and Steph's dads do local broadcasts for NBA teams. This must be the secret to drafting well.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

lucky ass game, even a scrub can get hot. JH does this every game

8. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

Yup @ least do this on a consistent basis like JH, then he is up to something..

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

the last two comments coming from the future leaders of this great country.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin didnt get beaten off the dribble as much, does a much better job of staying in front of his man.

But tbh Lowry was pretty bad. Didn't even notice how bad he was playing.

11. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Duh...I wrote a post about that a couple of days ago explaining this. To summarize...I was a die hard NJ Nets fan since the late 80s until they moved the team to Brooklyn, at which point I stopped being a Nets fan. Have been looking to find a team to become a fan of ever since, and I'm using my liking of Lin to hopefully find a team to get behind.

So yes...you caught me...3 days after I told everyone.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

No offense but why are you still here?

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

You couldn't find a more apt comparison for an inconsistent 6th man?

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Has anyone brought up the theory his hair makes him a better player/defender? It's pretty distracting and no one wants to get that **** in their faces.

15. VanityHalfBlack

I think he's just bustin balls. Keep the playing field even.

16. theangrycanary

I didn't think Lin was that bad. And I think it's obvious what he is now. A good roleplayer. He's willing to play for below market value. He can play sg or pg. He can focus on either offense or defense. And he can fill in when a starter is hurt. He doesn't create off court issues. And he doesn't ever phone it in.

So he's a good guy to have on your bench. A tool for a smart coach who knows how to use him, and when to bench him when he hits one of his slumps. Which he does.

He's one of those guys who can take the pressure off starters so they can get to the post season healthy.

And when he goes LINSANE for whatever reason, the coach can ride him to a win a couple of times a season.

But he's not a starter. He's too inconsistent, doesn't have the machismo and tends to mess up in playoff level minutes. And he knows it and he think even he hates all the fans who make his life harder than it should be by pissing off the starters he plays with.

Having said my piece, Now that we completely understand him, lets end this. People don't even talk about parsons this much anymore.

This thread needs to be locked/closed down now in my opinion.

2 people like this.
  17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

tinmac is avoiding this thread like the PLAGUE

18. yoeddy

Because it's fun...obviously, no one is taking this discussion very seriously (at least I hope they aren't!), so just goofing around with y'all...

19. yoeddy

That's a fair assessment. The only thing I'll disagree with is that I believe he can be a good starting PG in the right system (eg. D'Antoni's system)...but he is not good enough to be plugged into any system as a starter the way players like Westbrook, Parker, CP3 or any of those guys can.

20. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

spot on