1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Houston shouldn't turn its back on Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

There's still not a single big in the NBA @ Dwight's athletic level even at this stage. He's got a unique ability to control his center of gravity for a man his size.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The guys at TNT nailed it tonight with the Dwight conundrum...Just shut up and go there and play...and play hard all the time. Get serious on the court and realize your importance for the teams success. Stop committing stupid fouls...and when they do call bogus fouls on you...dont glare at refs. Just focus on your game and PLAY HARD ALL THE TIME.

Dwight is a special player... and still has a ton to offer the game. No ONE should give up on him...but he needs to grow up and be a leader without needing to score...

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh gawd.. you gotta be kidding me with the Kobe scrot swinging...

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dammit, my bad!

5. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Excellent read... completely agree... sticky worthy!

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Really? They nailed it? WTF are you talking about???

Dwight hasn't said $hit to anyone!

He needs to stop worrying about who is number 1? When did he even imply that???

This is a media contrived controversy that looks worse because the Rockets are losing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TNT praising Kobe Bryant because he's laughing and having a good time on the bench while his team is down. Double standards are fun.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/677722550626074627">December 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Those TNT idiots couldn't have gotten it more wrong

2 people like this.
  7. MD_in_Training

WTF are you talking about? Deandre? Andre Drummond? Anthony Davis?

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Clutch, are you implying that because sources arent always right about him, that the SVG report should be taken with a grain of salt?

It seems that way to me, the way you worded that sentence. :confused:

9. justinh

justinh Member

perfect piece, clutch. thanks.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

It's not about turning your back on Howard; it's about making the prudent NBA basketball decision knowing that he's on the decline and not worth a pay raise.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It usually ends with a bang

With that said I wish Howard can stay couple of years longer but I can understand

Good bye, Mr. Howard

12. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

One of those guys hates the other guy. It would be an awkward trio.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love ya Clutch, but disagree with you on this one....guys is declining and just not good enough anymore.

DD

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dwight Howard is a scrub on offense. Great defensive player but the rise of the 3pt shot has lowered the value of rim protection. He's certainly not worth a maximum contract.

Thankfully, he's perceived as a star (hopefully) by some GMs, so Morey needs to do what he's great at and make his usual "helps us now and in the future" trade.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Winner.

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for writing this Clutch. The negativity and blaming by the fans this season has been sad to see. Dwight has been great for the Rockets, on and off the court, he deserves better.

1 person likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What's new? Media hating on us, Kobe having fun on his last tour, Rockets are good today and Dr. Jekyll the next day

19. malakas

malakas Member

I havent turned my back on Dwight. I appreciate him but I find it a bad decision to pay him max money.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

As a person he's great. As a player he's got no offensive game, has lost a step, is injury riddled and wants to be paid way more than he's worth. With the cap going up the money is better spent elsewhere. He's not going to given us a discount or take short money. It's the same as the awful baseball contract for an aging guy. You'd be hoping for like a year or two (which he can't even give us now ) and we aren't anywhere near a championship. Do I wish him the best ; absolutely but would I give him more than a 3 year deal (team option or buyout on 3) at a reasonable price, nope. He's not the Dwight Howard we used to see. It's like TMac; once it goes it goes. Kobe is experiencing ot too. It's probably best to cut ties. Nobody is coming here lto play with Dwight Howard