1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Mengele was a doctor, no?

I'd be glad to tell them. Have them take a seat. ****, they could even possibly profit off their "misfortune" if they wanted to via private adoption.

You make this personal by without provocation all too often insulting anyone who disagrees with you. You do realize that you've told me a number of times that I understand nothing of the issues at hand?

I'm not sure what it is that you know that I don't know about science. You are perturbed that I don't value it as much... to the point of sacrificing babies for what it can afford. You equate that with ignorance which it is not. It's a value thing.

Found this article in Mother Jones. This issue more complex than you want it to be. I found it interesting the PP stopped the reimbursements in the aftermath of the video scandal:

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2015/12/did-planned-parenthood-exchange-fetal-tissue-money

PP can charge $20 for labeling and $40 for shelf-space when that employee took fifteen minutes to label something instead of looking at her Instagram and the parts occupied some otherwise empty shelf space for a day or two. Mark-up.

2. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I think the $20/$40 amounts were hypotheticals to illustrate 'reimbursement.' Even if accurate, however, wouldn't they have been part of the state investigations? I'm guessing you've never seen a legal invoice, or paid an NSF fee if you think $20/$40 is outrageous! But I suspect those number are simply made up to frame the discussion.

The original linked article -- from National Review, no less -- dwells on the exchange of money -- which was never in doubt -- and dismisses the state investigations. Didn't see much substance in it, really. A lot on conjecture and, IMO over reliance on the wording in discussions over the results of investigations. The conclusion that since they've stopped taking money, it was previously a profit center seems a stretch.

3. giddyup

1. You have a perverted need to equate responsibility with shame. It's just your own vile rhetoric.

2. I have been pro-Life my entire. I quit Methodist Sunday School at age 13 and went back to church in my late 30s. I remember, distinctly, in my late 20s being asked to go to a pro-Choice rally. I refused.

You can throw the church at other pro-Lifers if you just can't stop the habit, but please stop mis-representing me.

The plan is to change the hearts of people so that they see that little life for what it is-- that little boy dancing to SpongeBob some day.

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

You have absolutely no reason to say the illogical things you do. You do nothing compared to the doctors you malign. I'll take "vile" over illogical and cruel, even if vile seems to be "pointing out that you walked in this thread expressly ignoring the topic, calling fetuses babies, and could therefore be reasonably construed as having little knowledge of medicine, science, and this actual issue"--compared to calling doctors Nazis. :rolleyes:

You want to talk about responsibility? What have you actually ever done to reduce infant mortality and abortion rates beyond proposing that women should be jailed?

Great for you on the religious part: let me correct for now and the future: irrational, patriarchal shame that seeks to control women by punishing them.

You specified an outcome, you never specified how exactly you're going to get there. Given that material costs are out of the question, I'll have to assume that you're going to perform magic tricks.

I mean, if you can't handle people calling you out for your absolute illogic, vapid approach to reasonable policy, and topic-hopping, I don't see why women should have to put up with you decrying their "lack of fortitude" or why scientists and doctors should have to stand you calling them Mengeles. chill, I'm actually trying to be nice to you, given your level of rhetoric.

#964 Northside Storm, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  5. Northside Storm

Hitler was a politician, no?

Anthony Sowell was a human, no?

I'm sure a doctor who will need to explain to you why a fetus is not a baby while you call him Mengele for saving more lives than you ever will is spending their time very well.

Let's start with the fact that a fetus is not a baby biologically, scientifically, medically--let's take baby steps here.

And what are you even talking about?

The money amounts you mentioned were a rhetorical device. Please read this again.

honestly, I'm trying to be nice here, but come on dude.

50 + 20 + 40 = 110 if you need a bit of help stringing the logic together.

6. Northside Storm

Do you believe in the rule of law, or the rule of heavily edited videos?

7. Northside Storm

That may be the case (many more pregnancies end with spotaneous abortions rather than induced ones), but what is certain is that a fetus is not a baby medically speaking.

#967 Northside Storm, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  8. giddyup

The genius of my plan is that it costs no one else a single penny: take care of your own ****.

I said Mengele was a doctor it response to your saying "how dare" I compare these vaunted, selfless doctors to Mengele. It seems like a natural point of comparison. "First do no harm."

Topic hopping? It's all related to the callous indifference that has allowed this industry to expand as it has.

Quit with the patriarchal. It's about the babies-- half of whom are female.

Sad thing is that it might require a magic trick to turn this ship around as people's expectation of the privilege of ending their baby's life in utero as their first option ever and always.

9. giddyup

DID THOSE WORDS COME OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS OR WERE THEY DUBBED IN?

By "heavily edited" do you mean the image that was at the center of the Fiorina controversy?

10. giddyup

Please explain your "fact" that a fetus is not a baby "biologically, scientifically, medically?"

And then explain how if provided nutrition and protected it will unequivocally be born a human child. Did someone pull a switcheroo in those last weeks?!

I knew exactly what the numbers were; I only referenced the ones that stayed in-house where we know that PP absolutely controlled the pricing structure. My point was that the true cost of labeling and storing may have been $8 and they charge $60. See, I'm way ahead of you. All they have to do is call it "their cost" because they get to set the rate.

#970 giddyup, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Absolutely.

There are mechanical heart today that "beat". It's a device designed to push blood through a human to sustain the person. I can easily put that device in anything. Does NOT make it into life, nevertheless a human.

There are mechanical device that does NOT beat. It's also a device designed to push blood through a human to sustain that person. Now that person have no beat of any kind, yet remain a alive.

Heart beat is nothing more than a heart beat. You using that one criteria to said it's a human is a gigantic leap based on faith.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Again, belief based on faith. Nothing more. You know it and you don't dispute it.

The chooser is a person, a human being, alive, there is no doubt in that. No uncertainty in that.

You are essentially choosing to rank a faith based belief above a real living person. Now who does that? One that doesn't respect real live, real humanity.

Thus, it's not logically nonsense that you wouldn't care about increasing abortion rate. All you care about so adhering to a persona faith belief, damn the outcome. Absolutely selfish.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

^ so = is

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

You are as delusional as they come. Hope you come to your senses one day. Didnt even watch the video. Predictable of you.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I take this as you don't have any argument left.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

Take it as me waking up at 5 am in the morning to your joke of a post.

NASA: Houston, we have discovered a heartbeat on Mars but we're going to ignore it and I know the world isn't going to make a big deal about this since we don't care about our own babies. Surely, we wont spend billions of dollars to preserve what we found here because it is just a form with a heartbeat...you know, with blood pumping in it. (Txtonys world, this is how it would go)

Again, this is no argument when you dont even take into account what I show you.

17. giddyup

Which of us is taking a fatal action based on a belief about a fact, to wit: that being (at 19 weeks for example) is not a human? That would be you. Since you have no way of knowing for certain, you are putting in motion a final action driven by faith in your belief that a 19 week-old is not human.

On the other hand, I have to make no such claim since I am no threat to take a fatal action. Although I can see no reason to believe it is not a human at 19 weeks, whether it is or not is not a matter of my faith because no final action is forthcoming so no decision on humanity is proceeding from me.

You take that leap of faith not I.

Imagine being told that by opening a door a spear would be launched right through our heart. I stride right by with no intention of opening that door so what I believe about the story is immaterial.

On the other hand, you confident in your certainty grab the doorknob and jerk the door open. Did a human die or not?

18. Outlier

Outlier Member

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If we disover a heart beat on Mars, it's as likely machine made as an alien life form. Would be extremely exciting. Of both are extremely unlikely.

You show nothing other than leap of faith.

20. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member