1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sheridan] Dwight Howard Unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Dec 15, 2015.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Cyberx doesn't have time for our mediocre team anymore lol.

Cousins is better but we will never win a ring with he and Harden as our two best players. Never ever.

Whiteside is almost as good but he will get overpaid too.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Here's how reports like this are generated .

1. It's either pure bull**** speculation , Sheridan sees rockets are .500 and had high expectations , so reports of unhappiness will be believed .

2. Dwight was asked questions like could you be happier ? Or would you consider playing in Miami sometime in your career ? Then you make the headline Dwight unhappy wants to ply for Miami .

Prolly 70% chance it's 1 , 30% it's 2 .

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bomani:
    21:45ish

His agent is Dan Fegan. The guys I talk to say Fegan is always out here for a fight. If it's time to get something done, he's not about massaging it through. He's about making it happen. Dwight can't afford the hit to his image that he'll take. The worst decision he made was opting back in Orlando. He knew he wanted out so why that? ... I don't know if he wanted to get out or remember his agent. What did we just spend all summer talking about with his agent? Pushing someone into something he might not have wanted to do. It looked bad for Dwight. He opted in and All that with SVG. The kryptonite to Dwight's image was Kobe said he was soft and Kobe stans said he's soft while he was out there leading the league in rebounding with a torn labrum coming off back surgery. People are generally down on Dwight.

Dwight has a problem with he's not getting the ball. He's 6th on that team in FGA. 6th on that team in FGA. Harden gets more shots, Ariza gets more shots, Corey Brewer gets more shots, Marcus Thornton gets more shots, Terrence Jones gets more shots. Of all the guys on this team who have played more than 20 games, he's 5th in usage %. You can get into your arguments and say he's not good in the post. There are ways to use Dwight. He's a good PnR player. He's always said he doesn't want to be that guy but he's always run the PnR. There are ways to get buckets out of Dwight Howard. This is just basic basketball: you can't ask a man to anchor your defense and not give him the ball on the other side. You cannot do it and the Rockets are doing that. Ezeli was sealed, dude looks at him kicks it out to someone else to shoot a three. Nobody gets him the ball. Nobody gets him the ball. People have more hostility towards Dwight Howard than they do James Harden where Harden doesn't even try to play defense. You're saying Dwight is soft while James doesn't try to do the hardest thing in basketball which is to play defense. Dwight isn't the guy he was in Orlando. In 2009, there was not a single player I would trade for Dwight, including LeBron. Dwight was so good at protecting the rim. He was putting up incredible numbers. 4X DPOY. In a league with a premium on big men, he was so good at doing big men things. Even if you thought he should have been better in the post, it will never be like it was for guys like Olajuwon or KAJ because they never had to face up against zone. You couldn't guard an area or guard 2 guys with one if he didn't have the ball. You think people just forget how to play in the post? No, no, no, no. Playing in the post is a lot harder than it used to be. You can do so many different things on defense you couldn't do before to stop a big man. ...

I'm amazed, "Dwight's not happy in Houston ohhhh look at Dwight not being happy." Would you be happy in Houston right now? Really, would you be happy in Houston right now? Harden & Lawson seem happy a lot, like all the time.

(Couldn't find a way to get Howard the ball with McHale) McHale had things naturally that Dwight won't have. Hakeem, stay stealin' these dudes money. They come down to work out. They ain't becomin' Hakeem. You're born Hakeem. He might teach nifty things, like LeBron's footwork got better but you won't become Dream because you hang out with him. Otis Thorpe wasn't out here ballin' like Hakeem. He stay stealin' they money when they come down there. Dwight won't be a great post player but you have to get him the ball. You can't ask him to be an anchor. Dwight is talented in such a way, you gotta give him the ball. I don't blame him for being angry. I can't figure out why people dislike Dwight so much? ... Once Kobe put it out there, it was a wrap. Dwight was the future. Kobe was like what future? Today is today. We'll see how this goes. If he's unhappy, I have no problem. If he's available and your favorite team doesn't kick the tires, you might need a new favorite team. He's not the dude in Orlando but he's still pretty damn good.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Agree with this 100%

5. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Thought the same thing here. If Dwight asked for a trade, it will not be leaked. It will happen behind closed doors. Morey is probably on the phones talking T-Jones, Brewer, and/or Lawson. But the only people who might know about a possible Dwight deal would be guys like Cyberx, Plowman, and Codman.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Based on what. If you're merely a person that looks at stats. What matters is if those translate to wins for your team. Neither of those guys can touch Dwight in that category

7. NickKent

NickKent Member

lol i'll take Whiteside, but if Dwight is mad about "playing second fiddle" to James, why would he be happy going to Miami playing 3rd fiddle behind Wade and Bosh?

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lol , yea I don't think Miami will give us guys for an expiring Dwight.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dwight is mad about playing 5th fiddle. But your point remains.

I agree with Bomani... EXCEPT it becomes increasingly hard for players to throw it in the post to Dwight. Unless he's super deep it isn't exactly great offense. So memtally the guys just don't look that way. NWhereas they do look for say DMo in the post... Because mentally they know something good might happen.

This is a problem that will follow Dwight anywhere he goes in today's NBA

10. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Dwight isn't 'Unhappy' in Houston...there is a reason he chose to come here.

Yes he is frustrated, but anyone would be if you play your backside off & the guards are unable to feed the post, throw accurate passes or stop anyone.

I forgot to mention that He's 6th on the team in FGA.
    6th!!!
    Harden gets more shots, Ariza, Brewer, Marcus Thornton gets more shots, heck even Terrence Jones gets more shots!!!

He seals off his man & the guards kick it away for a 3 point shot, he rolls to the bucket & they miss him.

He posts up, it takes 15 seconds to get him the ball...you can't anchor a team on D but then not get touches on the other end - especially if you're actually working for the ball in that end.

Hassan Whiteside is a highlight machine, but he is a known headache, averages less points & rebounds than Dwight at his lowest production, and this defensive jugganaught that everyone on here is gushing about is such a good defender that his team is better defensively when he is not in the court...

The media trashing Dwight for leaving LA, and Y'all are falling into their trap.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But he also tweeted this

Well....

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If Harden and Howard would grow up and run the PNR properly everything would be so much better. But know you have Dwight who sets the worst screens even doesn't even make body contact and James who just completely ignores Dwight on the roll. It's like they are both in high school.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Actually not the worst deal

You get a bonafide shot blocker ad rebounder and Deng - a perimeter stopper on his last legs

Anything to get the certified scrub Dekker out of town

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We are stupid for not getting him the ball deep or on the PNR. That is just simple basketball. Our offensive system is not very good. Carlisle got the ball the Tyson Chandler. Rivers gets the ball to Jordan. There is no reason we shouldn't get the ball to Howard. He is better than both those guys offensively.

15. basketballholic

I think I made this point a couple weeks ago, didn't I?

It is totally ridiculous that Dwight is 6th on this team in FGA's.

The perimeter players on this team, including James Harden, are not throwing Dwight the ball when he should be getting it.

The perimeter players on this team are terrible entry passers. They throw bounce passes and bullet passes to Dwight in traffic, instead of lobbing it up. They don't throw it to Dwight when he seals his defender. Rather they wait until the defender has dislodged and is now siding Dwight and then they throw it to Dwight late where Dwight has to struggle to catch it when a count before he had pinned the defender and was wide open for the layup/dunk/foul.

And the final point

When Dwight scores the ball....we win. When Dwight doesn't score the ball....we lose.

It's just that simple. He's got to get the ball more. They've got to get him the ball. It leads to wins.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Are you insinuating that Brickerstaff has had the same results as McHale?

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP

I agree!!! :eek:

17. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Whiteside is an expiring too.

18. Raven

Raven Member

If the Rockets are serious about trading Dwight, why trade for another start center when they have two talented young bigs ready to replace him? Wouldn't trading for a shooter make more sense?

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't take the time to read through the whole thread but as far as this team right now and Dwight being traded, I'm like, whatever. They could trade Howard, Harden and the vast majority of this current team and I wouldn't care.

20. houtown

houtown Member

DeMarcus Cousins, if available, is who I possibly think that the Houston Rockets should be concerned about going after at the moment.