1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sheridan] Dwight Howard Unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Dec 15, 2015.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I have absolutely no problem with that. Dwight is a spazz around the basket. Unless it's a dunk, he isn't gonna knock it down. In that situation, they would have just fouled him and he would missed his free throws. Dwight should not be getting ANY post ups at this stage in his career

2. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Whiteside and Winslow? Where do I sign?

3. newAge_Rockets

I love Dwight, but I'd trade him for Whiteside and Winslow. I don't think Miami does that trade though, they aren't that stupid. This is no doubt some BS from Sheridan.

4. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Especially since everytime Dwight fights that hard for position, he's putting himself at risk for a flop + offensive foul. So when he does successfully get it, it's really disappointing you're not looking for him.

5. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

There is a

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah instead of that, I guess you're happy with a contested 3 point pull up from harden with 20 seconds left on the shot clock huh

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That play is on Ariza and Bev they should have hit Howard down low when he had position.

8. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

barfffffffffffffffffff painful to watch

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Instead of Dwight posting up? Absolutely

DMO should be getting all the post ups, Dwight is nothing more than a garbage man at this point

10. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

LOL they're not going to give up Winslow for Dwight.

11. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it wasn't obvious at all. The majority actually thought he was staying. That's why even Wade opted out and lost money.

Come on man, give credit where it's due.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

no argument there. Never said it was harden's fault on that. Ariza has the best opportunity. by the time is gets to beverly which we all know can't make that pass, it's a little late anyway and a pretty hard pass.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Bye Felicia

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol Whiteside and Winslow? Sign me up.

15. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

There is a difference between a post-up and a straight pin down directly under the basket, on the off instance that we do hit Howard in this situation (Harden hit him for one in a recent game) it often ends in a quick 2, a dunk, an and one, or as you said a foul (regardless if he makes the foul shot that adds a team foul and puts us one step closer to the bonus benefit to Harden) All positives. To look him off when he is that deep in inexcusable quite frankly.

16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well, for those saying another team will pick him up and he will beast with them is laughable because he was moved before and did the same things he is doing now. He just seems to think since he can physically get post position that he can score. The guys shoulders restrict him from fully throwing the ball over his head for gods sake.

Its mind blowing that Hakeem couldn't even get him a post game.

With that said i still like the guy and dig what he did in the playoffs. Its just he needs to be used without Harden in the lineup with him at the same time.

Why do they not run Harden/Howard pnr?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah well the league is doing the same now and look at rockets now this season.

but i was specifically talking about when Dwight has his man pinned.

18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This is what happens when your garbage offense is predicated on shooting threes instead of rewarding big men with easy looks in the paint. Guys aren't even looking to dump the ball down :eek: It's swing the ball around for threes or watch Harden go iso.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Harden is this team.

20. OpenLayup-Why3?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Have been told from inside the Heat absolutely nothing to speculation linking Whiteside to Dwight Howard or DeMarcus Cousins.</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/676877928714649600">December 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>