1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight's Attitude and Offensive Fouls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Dec 15, 2015.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It would be tough for us to compete without him and he has a great off court demeanor, however, we are beginning to see the on court attitude he displayed in LA. Also, others are guilty but we should expect more for the guy earning the most by far on the team.

We've won without him and he's killing us on the offensive end with stupid offensive fouls (i.e., pushing or throwing guys to the ground and then crying about flopping), dude, change your game to fit the game that is being called. I've never seen someone with his experience and skill set not have a knack for knowing where the ball is going for a rebound.

Attitude, we throw it into the post when he obtains proper position and he turns it over or misses (frequently). Gets mad on the defensive end when called out about not getting out to shooters like's he Shaq or Yao late in their careers with minimal athletic ability. Had to be held back from Trevor who called him out in the Washington game.

This season looks lost with a maybe a 1st round quick exit at the hands of Golden State or San Antonio...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a mental midget - he makes the same stupid mistakes he has been making his entire career.

He is what you get when you have a clubhouse of enablers.

Stan Van Gundy was great for Dwight, since then Dwight has been declining rapidly.

DD

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yes Howard has been doing some

Some of the things he's doing is because of stupidity and frustration with his teammates and with the refs..

Last night the Denver announcers were even talking about flops from the nuggets..

But you can clearly see that Howard is frustrated and too be honest i don't blame him.

T_Man

1 person likes this.
  4. tdo

tdo Member

He hasn't challenged a shot 7+ feet away from the basket all season. I get where he is coming from, especially last night because we had no other rebounders in the game to get the defensive board, but he has to at least try to contest a 10 ft jumper.

What happened when it looked like he and JB were getting into it last night? I saw them kinda going back and forth at each other, but didn't see what happened leading up to it.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Very immature that he still can't figure out what a foul is

6. T_Man

He was upset with having a foul called on him for Faried flopping...

T_Man

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he gets called for the softest fouls in the league, it is the refs fault and not his

but some fans here like to target their own players and would even do it if they won 500 games in a row

i'm telling you now, the refs target him for fouls other centres get away with

8. T_Man

People use to say same thing when Shaq was called for those flopping calls...

The refs will let smaller guys push on bigger centers all day long and once the bigger center pushes back he gets a foul called on him..

If any center from the 90's and below would have a hard time with today's rules.

But on that note Howard has to adjust and learn to control his frustration with the refs and his teammates..

T_Man

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Same player he's always been with the stupid fouls and attitude. He's just not as athletic any longer and since this is his only real strength as a player, he's going to decline rapidly.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I hate his stupid offensive fouls. Don't like the way refs officiate you? Too bad, adjust your game so that doesn't happen.

Also last night when Gallo drove baseline, Dwight could've stayed close with his arms up high.. Instead he lazily bumps him out of bounds for his 3rd foul.

11. chandlerbang21

Players flop because he has a rep for playing physical during rebounds then he goes full r****d and gets into foul trouble because he starts intentionally playing rough

definition of mental midget and rockets paying him 23 mill next season

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

no one hates the Rockets like Rockets fans

Rocket River

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's sh!tty that everyone admits that they are flops
    but then go on to blame Dwight for getting upset behind it

This type of Ref manipulating bull***** is why the NBA is sucking and going WWNba

Rocket River

14. dragician

dragician Member

Offensive fouls
    Goal tending
    Interference

Meet the original Focker.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't care about his offensive fouls because they're more often than not dudes just falling over and the refs being morons for falling for it.

His goaltendings, though...those are frustrating...

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mental midget my ass. He gets called for bogus fouls in every game.

17. T_Man

BINGO!!!!!

The denver announcers just started giggling on air when they said it was a flop...

They aren't the first opposing announcers to do that....

T_Man

18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

His problem isn't attitude or complaining so much as the fact that he is constantly using his hands for things that you learn in grade school to use your feet and/or core for. Fighting for post position, setting screens, boxing out, etc. He relies on his upper body for all of those things and it's an easy way to get cheap fouls.

19. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

I'll agree there are plenty of questionable fouls against him, but he also likes to pout on both ends of the floor when things don't go his way. Remember the turnover a few games back when James and Ty wanted to run a different play than he did?

As much as I cringe watching his post ups, there are only a few centers in the league I'd take over him at this point.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

He gets called for a lot of BS fouls. At some point refs have to realize that DH isn't going all WWF on people for rebounds and that a good amount of the time these guys are flopping.