1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(NBA Referee) Bill Kennedy is Gay

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RasaqBoi, Dec 14, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

No, not sarcasm lol. Honestly, it's worth the read.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's not about promoting or celebrating that he's gay....it's a way to put a stop to the slurs he gets called, from players who pretty much knew he was gay and went after him for it. Because Kennedy had not come out officially, it was just swept under the rug, since sometimes people use those slurs out of context. It's easier for people, and the league, to just think players throw random insults out out of frustration and anger, than to admit they were targeting someone with those words.

Now, more players, coaches, and fans will probably be willing to stand against anything like this, which makes players like Rondo think twice about doing it.

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The NBA allows refs went personal vendetta's do these games. Thats a new one. :roll eyes: The game has been lacking integrity for far too long now. The league should look into this(assuming they don't already know).

Would this have any effect on Doc's position?

4. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

i hate him and his pedo stache

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Context...

"F___ing f**"

"that's a gay a** call"​

If you're a player and didnt know that comments like this may hurt the ref...should get a pass. Should be considered a heated/at the moment comment. However, if a player DID know about his orientation and still made those comments...that player should be punished.

The problem for the league is basically, they dont know if Rondo knew. Hence why I think his suspension was diminished to just a game. But to me its hard for him NOT to have known...considering that he was coached by Doc Rivers in Boston, who does have history with the ref. All in all, Bill Kennedy outed himself to the public and now every player has to be careful about using homophobic slurs around him.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Isn't it more newsworthy at this point when someone is straight?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Comments were pretty direct, more like the former, according to the refs' reports. And if you watch the tape, Kennedy tried to distance himself from Rondo, and Rajon followed him, FWIW.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They absolutely do not reflect my feelings toward the LGBT community. I did not mean to offend or disrespect anyone.</p>&mdash; Rajon Rondo (@RajonRondo) <a href="https://twitter.com/RajonRondo/status/676522970731446276">December 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol, alright I'll check it out.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Rajon Rondo's load of crap. . . .

You think this apology would cut it if you called someone a "mother***ing n*****" instead of a "mother****ing f*****"?

He did mean disrespect.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Announcing you are gay nowadays is so overdone in today's society. People do whatever they want nowadays. Yeah, he likes penises, does he want a cookie for it?

/golfclap

Whatever. I just want my refs to not be biased to the Rockets. Yeah, I'm looking at you Crawford.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I personally find it more alarming that refs are allowed keep their jobs when they use their position of power to settle personal vendettas.

I don't care what people said to him, you don't target organizations because your feelings got hurt, that's just unprofessional and he should be fired for it.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

DAMN, kings aint winning nothing ever lmao

14. a711

a711 Member

The people who find it necessary to post about 'HOW MUCH THEY DON'T CARE UGHHHHH'

b**** you care.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

informed about what?

The homosexuals I know, don't care about this, in fact i doubt any of them even know it happened. The homosexual community's goal was never to break the NBA ref barrier. This has made none of their lives better.

#55 tallanvor, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  16. i3artow i3aller

Good on ya, Bill Kennedy. I really thought more people were aware of Donaghy's statements before today, and Boston has always known Rajon to be a POS. Lone rogue ref Tim Donaghy stays dropping truth bombs even though he's an even bigger scumbag for publicly outing a closeted individual. Grudges in sports and in life are certainly very real and not going anywhere given our human nature.

Rondo's reputation will take a deservedly big hit as his words and actions were inexcusable. I know KG's legacy in my eyes was never the same after he told Duncan "Happy Mother's Day, mother@#%#@x!" when he knew full well that Tim had lost his mom at a young age. For me, what KG said was actually much more offensive even though there's little sense in comparing the two.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

"The homosexuals I know" lol. So many people who "don't care" know sooo much about what the gay community wants, lol. Well since you're the expert I'll just let you win this one, this isn't something I care to argue too much about.

18. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Don't care. Don't care that you care.

19. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Why do people feel it nessessay to announce to the world that they don't care?

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I don't generally agree with the above opinions, but I don't find them absolutely idiotic like some do. I get where they're coming from. That said, I think they're misapplied here. What indication is there that he's attention whoring? I'll freely amend that statement if he comes out with a book next month about being a gay ref. The answer is like what RV6 said below. He got put on the spotlight by Rondo yelling on the court, "You're a motherf***ing fa****! You're a f***ing fa****, Billy!" So he just went ahead it came out. I don't it would have happened without the Rondo incident. So yeah, I think y'all are just completely off in this instance when accusing Kennedy of trying to make this a big issue about himself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-re...alleged-homosexual-slur-to-him-174255321.html