1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Games Now on TV in Austin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCballer, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a real drag. I'm in 78749 (as is DD, I think - it's in the SW Austin/Oak Hill/Circle C area) and it ain't covered. I've already re-upped LP anyway, but it'd be nice for next season. :-(

2. DCballer

DCballer Member

I have AT&TUverse and it doesn't cost anything extra. ROOT Sports is currently on DirecTV and Uverse. The reason for this is ROOT Sports is owned by DirecTV which is now part of AT&T, and DirecTV will be rebranded in Jan.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I get them in 78645 (Jonestown TX west of Cedar Park) on Root Sports. I got them last year and still get them this year but I wonder if it's because I also buy the league pass?

4. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

WTF? I'm right in the heart of south Austin, and my zip isn't included. I don't even recognize a lot of those Austin zip codes. nothing Downtown or anything. SUCKS

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into switching, definitely a cheaper solution since I'm only watching the Rockets vs full LP...

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I'm in 78613, so League Pass it is for me still, but haven't renewed this season. Promised myself not to do so until Kardashian leaves Harden

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think you should be able to get them just on root as long as uverse/dtv (as per DCballer) even in Jonestown (I checked lago vista a few days ago and it's the same zip code and was listed there).

Man, I'm lucky... I live like less than a mile away from Austin zip code (I'm in West RR) and can get them. I think Spurs messed this up for everyone else that's in ATX zip since they consider Spurs the home team... so ****ty.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You can actually get them on root now... You need uverse/dtv though. Check here: http://southwest.rootsports.com/channel-finder/

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I am not in the listed zip codes.

On another note, anyone going to Vipers v Spurs on December 18? I am getting a group 10 to go... the ticket rep I was talking to with the Spurs is a die hard Rockets fan from Sugar Land.

10. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Not in 78723 and not on TWC. Double whammy :(

11. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

We are neighbors

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I realize you're not listed there... Type your zip code in the link I provided and it will tell you the channel and say it's available (AT&T is even showing it on their site for that zip)... However I'm wondering if you might still be subject to blackout since not listed. I'd try it though I mean if you have att already and u300... I think it's pretty ****ty that less than a few miles away we have it. Maybe cedar park center ****ed you guys... ****ty Spurs D-League.

13. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wonder if direct tv will allow me to cancel lp since I'm paying monthly for a few months on it. I did call them several times and they were clueless and kept saying " you have to have lp to get rocket games"

14. craguin

craguin Member

League Pass broadcast on Uverse is messed up tonight for Lakers game. It's supposed to be on channel 2109/NBA 5, but it's showing on channel 2110/NBA 6.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I'm in Pflugerville as well and looks like I can drop league pass after all these years. You just saved me money. Rep given and I'll be happy to buy you some beers at some point.

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

My zip code (78717)'s on the list...but unfortunately, I have TWC.

17. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Thanks for the heads-up and rep to you, OP!

It's just too bad they weren't able to get this done before the season started, but at least I won't have to pay for Ballstreams next season :cool:

18. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Wonderful news, thanks for the information!

19. raj87

raj87 Member

This has been in place since November 2014.

http://tvradio.blog.austin360.com/2014/11/17/rockets-astros-games-can-now-be-viewed-in-austin/

Rockets, Astros games can now be viewed in Austin

Houston Rockets guard James Harden (Associated Press photo)
    A new channel popped up today on the AT&T U-verse and DirecTV lineups.

Root Sports Southwest signed on this morning, promising access to Houston Rockets and Houston Astros games.

The first pro sports matchup airs tonight at 7:30 p.m., when the Rockets take on the Memphis Grizzlies.

U-verse subscribers can find Root Sports Southwest on channels 758 and 1758. On DirecTV, tune to channel 674.

Root Sports Southwest is the new name for what was Comcast SportsNet Houston. The channel filed for bankruptcy and was recently gobbled up by AT&T and DirecTV.

The change in ownership dramatically expands the audience for Rockets and Astros games, which previously had been limited to Comcast subscribers and customers of a few very small cable companies in the Houston area.

Other programming airing on Root Sports Southwest includes “The Rich Eisen Show” and “The Dan Patrick Show,” as well as some college sports matchups.

20. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

The Rockets games had been blacked out up until very recently