1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

As a true Rockets, nah HOUSTON fan... it's my right to hate Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstunna, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not really "hate", just, I don't like him.

I've already experienced over 75 individual seasons of Houston sports before James arrived. Know everything from, road games on channel 20, Calvin Murphy saying "another What-a-Block" every time Hakeem blocked a shot (seemed like 10,000) that one season for their promotion, Charlie Palilo and Rich Lord doing pre/post games on 740am, a game where Bagwell launched 2 potential 450' homers @Wrigley but the wind blew both back in for outs, being happy as f*** during halftime @BUF, thinking "we did well, but weren't going to beat SA" going into Game 1 in '95, the Chronicle headline "Thank you Jerry Much" when the Oilers beat ATL during their huge win streak with Moon....... WE ALL KNOW these. I've missed maybe 100 games TOTALLY throughout the last 25 years. I depend on my teams' players literally 250 games/year, 250 days, 250 times per year for something I REALLY want to happen... to win.

The offense is elite. I barely complain about James' iso'ing.. and especially not as much as most (respected) posters seem to do around here. I'm not trippin on ISO, not worried about his passing skills, partying, none of that. But as of now, as far as my THINKING my team, the team I've been cheering for most my life, has THE MAN for a championship, I don't see it. And, it REALLY BOTHERS me that I'm forced to depend on this dude's play to be MY TEAM'S best hope for success. His laziness on defense is so bad, that one might believe he's betting someone.. Pete Rose style. Now, I'm not saying nor do I think his is.. just describing how bad it looks. The only scenario worse would be if he never crossed half-court.

- Horrible leader
    - Not "best player on a champion" material.

The offense is clearly elite. But you can't even say it remains elite for postseason. He did improve greatly last playoff compared to his previous years. Hopefully he continues that.. I really hope he does. I really hope he stops being a b**** on defense, I really do. But until then, every game he continues to be a b****, Ima call him, b****. Why, because he's on MY TEAM, and he's effecting my bottomline..... wins, championships. Harden is in my territory, the territory I've lived for 25 years before he arrived. When he acts like a b**** on the court, Ima call his ass one. When he does well, I'll give him his props (like I always do).

To anyone who says, "cheer for another team"... there's posters in here who actually disowned the Astros behind a trivial DH. I will start naming names and we can discuss who else might be weak defensively.

Disclaimer- Harden can do whatever all he wants if he averages 38+pts on <23 FG with <5 TOs

#1 Houstunna, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    7 people like this.
  2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Cue the a711 hater post please

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

And btw great post I would rep if I could

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden has disappointed me.

I can't remember a superstar player doing this, at least not in Houston history

5. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Yea I agree, its like he is the new dr. jeklyy and mr.hyde.You don't know what you are going to get from him.

6. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Harden is about that superstar life. Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. When I was 26 I was all about meeting the ladies in the club. And I made 50k a year back then.

Olajuwon was beloved because he was a boss on the court, and classy off of it. Harden is about that action off the court. You take the good part of harden with the bad.

1 person likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Note to self: From now on, let Houstuna vent and even rant anytime he wants to.

In exchange, let me not vent and not rant if i dont like to. I'm just not that type of sports fan. I get sad, sure, but not mad at a game, especially when at the game. I funnel all my hate at the opponent. and people try to tell me I cant hate the Spurs

1 person likes this.
  8. Mattician

Mattician Member

I think if Harden doesn't have it going, let Lawson take over and run the offense.

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I just don't get how one guy can get so many passes. He played GREAT last season, yes we get it and webwere all on board...but how the **** is any of this crap excusable? I've never seen someone get off the hook so easily. There are plays where he literally has to take one step to stop the offensive played and all he does is ball watch.

There are some things you can't justify with "this is what he did in the past..this is his offensive rating etc.." . That has been the historic justification for his lackluster defense...but guess what it doesn't make up for it and the outcome that is the rocket's season completely displays that. I can get behind a player that chucks, maybe even plays selfish, can't hit anything...but I can't get behind a leader that doesn't give a crap and has his loser mentality rub off all over the team. I was ecstatic about Harden thinking he turned a new leaf last year and defended him at every turn...but this is just too much. A couple of rare lapses like these are excusable...but this happens ever other or two games.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Party all you want , drink all you want...as long as it doesn't affect your game. "But ..but wait....that's his personal business!" When you have it affecting your game/work and are paid millions of $$$ to stay in shape you better have your ass at the gym, make sure you're not hungover the day of the game and in good shape mentally. I can't believe this crap has to be stated.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So... what you are saying is.

You have grown to HATE James Harden?
    There's already a thread on that.

13. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

I've had the privilege of watching over 25+ years of Great and mediocre NBA basketball. The only thing worse than watching a Superstar and one of the team's leaders (Harden) playing multiple games with an obvious lack of effort on both ends and sloppy play this early in the season is the amount of minutes he plays in such games. If fans and basketball observers cringe when he plays in such a manner, i only wonder how his teammates feel.

1 person likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Are some of you guys even watching the games? Lawson? lol He has had every opportunity, he's more inconsistent than Harden.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I just wish we had a coach with the balls to sit harden when the efforts not there...

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Trust, my foul language was only based on-the-court. Can't lie, I'd mostly be doing the same off-t-c.

Also, it gets worse. Some people who say don't hate SA, actually cheer for them.. and some of those are highly respected on this board.
    #hardenish

The mindset of the leader, well, leads.... it permeates throughout the entire organization

Average 36/9/11 and we good though

#16 Houstunna, Dec 9, 2015
  17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Rockets problems aren't just Harden.

Dwight hasn't really lived to his contract except POR postseason.

Right, but this OP is more real :cool:

#history
    #youalreadyknow

#17 Houstunna, Dec 9, 2015
  18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Harden should be traded to a team that will allow him to compete long term, and perhaps ones whose fanbase isn't awful

The lakers or maybe the mavs

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm the same way I guess

I can't hate Harden, I can hate the way he's playing...but I can't hate him.

I hope he pulls his head from his you know what and matures. I hope this season humbles him and he comes back better. Man the guy needs a mentality change, at least we aren't saying he needs to change his shot or he needs to drastically improve his handle. Or..."If only he had a post game..." Mentality can change. Actually, he's changed it before. Once being a role player to becoming a star player. He changed his mentality on defense last season. It can change.

Meanwhile I will hate the Warriors. If they do break the regular season record I will hope it all comes crashing down to the Spurs or Thunder. Then I hope that team loses to a healthy Cavs team or whoever comes out of the East.

I remember that Mavs-Heat finals and people were rooting for the mavs because they hated Lebron. Some of us warned them "If the Mavs win, Mavs fans will say Dirk is better than Hakeem." still they root for the Mavs.

People will root for the Spurs to win and then question why when the Spurs are beating the Rockets there is a faint "Go Spurs Go!" chant in Toyota center...well that's why.

I respect the Spurs, great organization. They have won enough for a lifetime though. F them. F the Warriors. F the Mavs, and especially F the Jazz always and forever.

I use all my "hate" on those teams, don't have enough left to hate any Rockets players.

I mean I hate the things they do though. Like How Brewer picks up the dumbest fouls, basically just runs into guys. I mean you can count on him getting the team in the penalty.

How Howard's post ups ruin the flow of the offense and we don't get much good out of them

How T.Jones has apparently failed to learn how to box out.

How Lawson seems content in his off guard role.

Harden sleeps on defense about every night now.

Capela and Ariza are the only guys I just like and appreciate. They are consistent. Ariza is consistently a above average player that you can count on and Capela is the same.

1 person likes this.
  20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dang it man you're old as hell. But your hate is very justified. I never in my life seen a Superstar play this badly on defense and consistently have that many bad shooting nights. The fame has gotten to Harden in the worst way. He's starting to show the world he's a spoiled brat. He won't follow the coaches orders. He won't sacrifice for the good of the team. Meaning put the drink down and completely focus on winning a championship. He begged for another playmaker and he won't allow him to play his game.

Hopefully after this season he will mature and become a true leader of men.