1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry is a star

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Dec 6, 2015.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I know it might sound like fan boy talk from me but he really has developed into a top level PG... I just feel like he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

2. a711

a711 Member

He's having a great season. He's never going to shoot well, but still.

3. what

what Member

Reminds me of Nick Van Exel

4. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Give the guy a break for shooting 42% on 7 3s a game.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Ok Lowry we like you but can you just wait a second until we hear back from Carmelo and Lebron first?"

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think most people agree. You might be a year-late saying he doesn't get respect.

The fans did vote him as a starter in the All-star game last year -- him and Wall.

He also plays the deepest position in the NBA. He didn't get selected for All-NBA 3rd team even. Curry, Paul, Westbrook and Irving did. Even if we say Lowry should have been 3rd team vs Irving, there were still three PGs ahead of him.

7. heypartner

Lowry was already pissed off by McHale staying with a red-hot Dragic when Lowry came back from his freakish infection "injury" and he didn't get his starting job back. Lowry had issues with that, to the point he might have burned bridges. He even said last year that period was something he has matured from.

He publicly said after the season that he didn’t think he could co-exist with Rockets coach Kevin McHale after one season of trying to work together, a move that have hastened the Rockets’ pursuit of a trade.​

I doubt he was signing with us.

#7 heypartner, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lowry plays with heart, he will always be a rocket in my eyes

but he did choke hard in the playoffs two years in a row

iunno, I just don't think his style of play is sustainable in the playoffs, especially when refs don't call fouls

9. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Heh maybe its just he fits with the Raptors system, Imho he would just be a another Jlin and current Ty Lawson here.

10. a711

a711 Member

you're right

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He was almost this good last season too before the all star break and then had a very mediocre output post all star break

How he does this season remains to be seen

But K Low put in work over the off season to get leaner and fitter so perhaps that may help him in being consistently good all season

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

And yet Morey refused to go all out to sign him 2 years ago.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

He knows how to control the pace of the offense. That's very important for a point guard. BTW, LBJ is the only player that can control the pace and tempo from both sides of the ball.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

2 years ago we had Lin. The true superstar.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Last summer (2014) before he signed back with Toronto (maybe even before the season ended), Lowry publicly expressed regrets about how he turned on McHale. Some interpreted that as Lowry opening the door to returning to Houston. There were also "sources" that said the Rockets were his first choice but Morey would not commit to him until Melo made a final decision. Instead of waiting, he signed back with the Raptors.

Regarding his play on the court, I don't want to hear anything about Lowry being a star after his flat tire playoff performance against the Wizards. From my standpoint, nothing he does during the 82 games matters. Talk to me when the playoffs begin.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lowry himself said he was "a phone call away" from not returning to the Raptors. Also like another poster before me said he talked about how he regretted his actions here and his beef with McHale.

He was absolutely going to sign here if he had been the priority.

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't even think he would be a good fit with us just like Ty... Just because he needs the ball at all times to be who he is and that's not ever going to happen with harden.

18. heypartner

Lowry re-signed/reached agreement with the Raptors July 2nd, the day after he met with Morey/McHale. Didn't we have to juggle some stuff like get rid of Lin to accomplish that signing. You're blaming Morey for Lowry not waiting, although he met with Lowry on July 1st.

I'm sure Morey and McHale said to Lowry and his agent, "Hey, we want you, but we're going after Melo, first. Can you wait?" Or did we say, "We have to clear space first, and we have a plan, but have to wait for the salary cap numbers to come in." But he signed the next day, instead.

I'm not much for rumors and "sources," especially when something went down that fast. If you have actual quotes for Lowry, that would be cool to see.

19. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Skinny in shape Lowry is great.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Disagree completely. Lawson and Lowry's games are nothing alike.

For 1 - Lowry is the junk yard dog that Beverley wishes he could be.

For another - if Ty Lawson isn't going straight to the hoop he's not going to score much for you. Meanwhile Kyle is a threat all over the floor.

He would actually be the perfect fit in a backcourt next to Harden.