1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

you can buy them on other sites like ticketmaster and vivid seats for cheaper. i might do it.

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Why can't they have all ny6 games at night? A big game played at 11a seems dumb to me

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Why are they even having the Semi Final games on New Years Eve? Needs to be New Years Day.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And no doubt this FSU team will be looking to avenge their fathers' and grandfathers' loss!!

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Exactly. Guess I will have to just record the biggest bowl game in Coog history :mad:

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

... and then hope you don't run into a spoiler. God, I hate when that happens.

7. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

This is the e-mail I got last night before the official bowl was announced:

However, if I do find them cheaper than what UH is offering for them, then by all means I'll go for it.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

It looks like the new college football Hall of Fame will be open, with Boz and Ricky Williams in attendance. And Hall of Fame ceremonies and events. So good deal there.

Having been there once before I recommend the Aquarium and Coca Cola Museum. CNN was ok, worth checking out, but nothing special. Olympic Park is a good wander just to see how they spent the money. Everything is basically all together and walking distance.

I'm not sure who the halftime entertainment will be.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

This won't be the biggest bowl game in Coogs history. The Coogs played in a couple of cotton bowls during the 70's that would have to be considered bigger than this years bowl game. But, this is certainly the biggest bowl game for the Coogs in a long long time.

10. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

LOL FSU fans throwing shade on UH. Love it

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What are they saying other than the stupid "Houston you have a problem" stupid ass line.

12. AFS

AFS Member

I was looking through the Peach Bowl's website and seems like the cheapest available through there are $100. I think I'm gonna pay the extra $50 to support the school.

1 person likes this.
  13. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

"houston does nothing for us" "i'd rather play GT again" "id rather play NIU again"

14. ShutURBiG!

I take back what I said earlier and agree with your viewpoint. At the same time, I'd like to sit with my friends, so they must have a package for students...

15. AFS

AFS Member

Yeah, for sure. I'm gonna call tomorrow and see how group tickets work. I'm gonna be with a group of around 7-10 people and there has to be a way to buy without having me pay the school on behalf of everyone and then have my friends reimburse me, right? Anyone have experience with this? Haven't had to do this before.

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

this is the "peach" bowl we are talking about here, of course it'll be expensive

17. ShutURBiG!

Hence the "then again, it's a NY6 bowl" :rolleyes:

18. Chopped

Chopped Member

got my tickets. Please get them though UH so the Athletic department doesn't suffer massive losses on the tickets.

19. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I'm so excited, can't wait to kill Florida State! booked my flight, hotel and ticket

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Booked. Can't wait.