1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrow: television series discussion thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulftsk, Feb 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, not for John Constantine it isn't. Probably pretty hard for everyone else though.

2. Rocketfanatic2

They should've spent more time with that scene. Less Sara running around beating on people and more of them in the other realm.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This show is drastically getting harder to swallow the more metahuman it becomes.

Although Laurel getting owned in everything she does is still good lols. I feel like the creators make it a running joke.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

For all the build up . . .it was very meh

Rocket River

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought it was a good episode. Loved the Constantine scenes.

6. cheeno

cheeno Contributing Member

i liked him better than Keanu Constantine. I also thought the scene where they retrieve Sara's soul would be much better.

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As a feared, the flash being in the same universe is starting to hinder the show.

I mean every time some serious s**t is going down. Well, hundreds are about to die, but let's not bother Barry. The show worked best when it was grounded dealing with crime, Now supernatural stuff is everywhere.

I still can't buy Laurel and Thea being bad asses, every time I see them in a fight it's eye roll worthy. Plus the flashback scenes have become annoying and downright intrusive. It's not a bad show, it's just settled into a mediocrity. I suspect this show will be on for a long time, but will never come close to season 2's excellence.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm starting to think, after watching tonight's episode, the person in the grave isn't felicity or diggle but
    Oliver's son.

9. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I hope it's a main character. Pretty much every regular character on the show knows Oliver's identity and is a part of the team. They need to lower the number of sidekicks.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When watching the Flash and Cisco called him Barry in front of HawkGirl
    I just shook my head.

At this point . . . . The new Ras aka Merlin can come and go WITH A GROUP OF MEN
    into the cave/Basement at will and unseen

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm putting money on Thea
    So that they can bring back the male Speedy

Rocket River

12. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I was thinking the same thing.

I doubt it will be laurel since sara is going to legends, without felicity how would they be funded? That leaves speedy, which I would love to keep around.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Diggle and Thea seem like the only answers. It it were on a different network I could certainly see Felicity getting offed, but there is no way in hell the CW is gonna let them kill her off. They also aren't gonna kill off Black Canary.

Thea seems most likely to me.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Trust me .. . . if Diggle Dies. . . . . . I will just say he got WALKING DEADed
    *grin*

Rocket River

15. conquistador#11

it better not be thea or felicity. they're the only ones I like. I think it's their dad since he has that shady deal with Lt. Compton going. Arrow went pop in season 3. I don't like where it's headed.

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

so who's idea was it for Laurel to open her mouth like she's screaming every time she uses the sonic tool? Director, Actor?

Either way, it's horrendous. I can deal with cheeseball shows, as evidenced by my watching of arrow. But everytime I see her do the open mouth thing I cringe.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It's Lance. Him being caught up with dark is almost guaranteeing some sappy on screen death

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

But why would the Flash show up at Lance's funeral? Why would it be such a big deal to Oliver?

I think it has to be someone more personal like his kid, his sister, or Diggle. His kid or his kid's mom makes the most sense because they won't negatively affect the show and the Flash is the one who told Oliver about them so he'd show up.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

That and he's the only other person that knows Oliver has a son. Warned him too that altering time lines can be dangerous so I can see why Barry would show up to the funeral.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

There were a lot of good meta jokes in these episodes with Barry saying "is that how he always shows up?" when Merlyn randomly appears again and Ollie saying the farmhouse "is better than the revolving door at STAR Labs that every bad guy casually walks in to."

Very fan servicy episodes that are overall good fun but not exceptional writing. I always enjoy the crossovers, but I'm still getting tired of all the supernatural.