1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets discussing Lawson for J Jack + Bogdanovic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Dec 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Yeah idk why people are saying he can't create... He's not some superstar or anything but his assist per game on the worse 3 pt shooting team in the league isn't too bad.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Very possible. Not to mention the anxiety of a court hearing coming up where he could get jail time (though I dont see that happening).

So yeah, those anxieties could clearly be effecting his on the court game.

3. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

i'd say taking Ty out without seeing what Dmo changes in the chemistry might be a bad idea. You never know how much more easy the game can get once we have dmo playing. He could very well give the buffer for corey to find his groove, for beverly to defend again, and for terrence (nope never mind terrence will always be terrence)

4. malakas

malakas Member

plz read bballholic's post. BKN has a significant TPE that expires soon. That's why if a trade happens it will happen SOON. (11/12) If it doesn't happen by then,the chances of making a 2 team trade work become minimal.

That's why also the people who say we should wait more don't understand that it's basically now or never. There is no team around the league other than BKN that will be interested in Lawson in the first place.

1 person likes this.
  5. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Thanks, repped. I didn't see his post. I couldn't figure out how to get the trade exceptions to work in trade machine.

6. hakeemthagreat

Giving up on Lawson so early is r****ded. Harden does 90% of everything offensively. The Rockets have yet to implement any plays for Ty yet want to trade him, just so they bring another guard to stand in the corner and watch Harden:rolleyes:

RUN SOME DAMN PLAYS and stop being lazy. We're better than this

7. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

What if Jarrett Jack comes off the bench though? You guys think of that?

8. Lightsnowaction

I don't want Jason Terry or Patrick Beverley starting at PG. Championship hopes would flush down the toilet.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

gotta let ty be ty before you ship him off...it would be a waste of a perfectly good johnson a prigeotto and a pappasniggaless

10. alethios

alethios Member

Ty is being the new Ty - it's the old Ty we want.

11. beardsanity713

Trill!!...ppl given up on him way to early its only a month into the season he was a border line all star and i dnt believe that talent just goes away...
    JB should have left with mchale

We got pat beverly & TJ for trade bait

12. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Really hoping we let Lawson develop in our system. Once he gets his confidence up and finds his true role next to Harden, he will be perfect. We will need him come playoff time.

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I hope this is right.

I hate to add a potentially redundant opinion, but man - this thread is 9 pages!

From the times I've seen Jack (mainly with GS), I've concluded he's a Jamal Crawford-level ball hog and chucker. Don't want him at all!!! This other guy doesn't sound appealing either. How hard is it to find a good shooter who sucks at defense? Those guys are usually a dime a dozen.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The reason you assume he (or his sources) are making **** up is because why would anyone have a sense Ty could be had anyway? There can't be that many (any) teams out there saying "I wonder if Ty Lawson is on the block" - he's not exactly proven himself to be all that great of an NBA player this year.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: He's more than a shooter. He's got handles and a will to drive when faced with a contested 3, much like Parsons, without the hops, or a taller Thornton? Plus his mid-range seems solid. He looks like a SAS player. Too bad we don't have team defense like SAS, nor a motion offense to use a 6'8 SG/SFs with handles and range.

16. AB423

AB423 Member

Hope this deals happens! I like both of these guys!!

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Thanks for the info! That's definitely more interesting.

Still can't give up on Lawson yet. I'm like a battered wife.....

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: you can watch him at nba.com. They have video of every single stat now. Look up his game logs and click on any stat. Each stat in the game logs is actually a link to videos of each play filtered by the player's stat that you click on.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Just call up Jimmer and Novak! Jimmer killed it this week in dleague

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Where's Biggie?