1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions about buying Jordan’s on release day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigSherv, Dec 2, 2015.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Hi Guys,

Growing up the way I did we never owned any fancy tennis shoes. Always thought they were awesome but my family’s priority was school, church, and sending money back to extended family overseas so the idea of $150, or even $100 shoes was out of the question growing up.

I was looking to buy my young son who is 7 some of the Jordan 11’s that are being re-released towards Christmas. He wears preschool sized shoes (2 in kids). I have 0 plans to wait in line at midnight to get him a pair. He loves Michael Jordan (and all the greats) as a player but he basically wears whatever I get him which has always been the coolest shoe at the biggest discount possible. Usually in the 40-50 dollar range. I pretty much loved these shoes as a kid but they were just a dream to me. I would never spend 200 today on them but 70 for kids shoes and the fact that I have some gift cards makes it seem okay.

Are Jordan in his size the kind that sell out in 20 minutes at stores or can I log on at midnight and order some?
    He is in need of new basketball shoes for this coming season at the Y and I just need to know if I should order shoes that are online now and those are what he wears or if I can really get these shoes at a normal price.
    Again, I am not a sneaker head. I have no desire to pay twice the price of the shoes. Just curious what it is like when shoes are released.

[​IMG]

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've never lined up for shoes so I can't help much, but I know who can.

Paging the Get Money Boyz...

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Follow Nike on twitter and you can order them directly from your phone.

I've tried a few times and I wear a regular size 9.... once I guess I waited too long and I wasn't one of the first in (virtual) line so I missed out. I figure you shouldn't have as much of a problem since you're buying kid's sizes.

Sign up for the email alerts thru Nike and they give you a schedule of what is launching from Jordan and other big name shoes (Lebron, Kobe, Kyrie, etc.)

Hope this helps!

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Jordan's on release day? RIP.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Since he's 7, I'd get discount shoes and put the extra $150 in his Tesla slush fund.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Buying his what?

1 person likes this.
  7. BigSherv

Does footlocker and other athletic shoe stores sell them online on the release day?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

Air Jordan 11 “72-10” – Release Date: December 19, 2015 – $220

Are these the sneakers you're looking for? Man, I Remember when base price was 125..

Since your son wears a grade school size you might be fine grabbing a pair online with effort. Prepare to stay up until 3am just to grab them. Jordan 11's are very popular, but these aren't OG colors so that ups you chances of getting them.

I remember online release day being a real b****. You will need multiple attempts to add the sneakers to your cart because the site will crash. I've been out of the sneaker game a long time and I've seen the hype explode so re-sellers will just grab any pair just to sell them later.

I would log on and buy the sneakers online (use multiple sites), but still call the stores to see if they have the size in stock after the rush is gone, buy them in person, then return the online purchase

This is going be a tough $70 to spend and might not be worth the hassle. Prepare to be frustrated.

This is not a thread about how to spend OP's money, but this I agree with. Don't start buying high priced sneakers until your kids get into middle school when the real bullying starts.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Footlocker.com
    Finishline.com
    Footaction.com
    Nike.com
    Eastbay.com

What kind of gift card are you using? They might not work on these sites. I know you won't be able to split payment between the gift card and Credit/Debit card unless you call directly. I have NEVER gotten through when calling on the phone on release day.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

most stores have raffles. you could just walk in and ask if they are raffling those.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

youth sizes might not be a problem getting at midnight but those sites with be sloooooooooooooow regardless. you have a better shot buying in store day of.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Better strap up, breh.

13. BigSherv

Yes those are them.

14. BigSherv

Have a footlocker gift card

15. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Been wearing J's for the longest. Haven't had a pair below $100 since I was like 13. But I love the design and I was blessed with the means. Get your little dude some J's. Any J's would make his world light up.

16. BleedsRocketRed

Just don't get stabbed. Hood thugs don't mess around when it comes to shoes....F'ing SHOES.

My goodness.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can get you these shoes with no hassle. Message me.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Buy a bot and hope your not is better than everyone else's

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

This is one of the most hyped shoes of the year as usual. The 11s always release around christmas, however this year they are supposed to be highly available much like other shoes have become recently. So there will be a good chance, especially for the size. If you really want to guarantee a pair, I know someone selling legit 11s early for $325. Just FYI, I wouldn't pay that much, but then again, I don't care about these 11s either.

20. what

what Member

The american dream!