1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 11/27/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

A win is a win but dang this team knows how to make things extremely hard for themselves. This should have been a blowout but what do we do, we shoots ourselves in the foot. Turnover after turnover, Iso Harden after Iso Harden, defensive lapse after defensive lapses and etc ,,etc..

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

if Rockets play the Capela/Dwight lineup against Porzingawd and Lopez, there is a chance.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahah. 50 points required from Harden to beat the worst team in NBA history.

This win was honestly more of a hindrance than anything.

Good thing Rockets are so predictable. Grabbing Covington in fantasy was a smart move.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Pretty sure that was the half court turnover that I called lazy :p;)

5. Drogba

Drogba Member

Or a result of fatigue hence the 4 missed FT's late in the game.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we don't need capela. brewer can shut down porzingis down in the 4th. we just need to manage brew's fouls during the first 3 quarters so he doesn't foul out early like he did tonite.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Say it's just a sprain ankle. they'll be alright.

8. amaru

amaru Member

At this point, I think I'd score 10+ on Brewer. He looks like he isn't even trying.

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Just got home in time for the replay... Twin Towers line up? This should be interesting.

10. chandlerbang21

This is the sad part to me. Without him scoring over 40 points the rockets would have lost to philly big time tonight

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Glad they won:eek:

12. ibm

ibm Member

are you serious?

there's no way to prove that.

if harden scored only, say, 30, then others may score more, for example.

last game he scored well, too. and as a team we lost.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Didn't Memphis double Harden all the 4th quarter? No one else made shots with 2 defenders on Harden.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

There is a measuring stick in the NBA for how good your team is. Weak teams in theory should be easy. This doesn't happen every night because players are human and they might slack off because they have an easy opponent. But overall good teams pounce on the really bad teams. The Rockets need to blow teams like this out in order to show that they are seriously getting back on track. But they are not. JB is only marginally better than Mchale and he still runs the same system. We also need Harden to go beast mode in order to win. That measure puts us just above the Lakers in our level of play. If trades aren't made soon and if they don't stop playing Brewer as much it will get worse. Just like all the people saying 0-3 wasn't panic time, you have to realize that 0-3 by 20 is not how championship teams start the season, hell it's very rarely how playoff teams start a season. Winning this way to the Sixers means something. How we are playing now with our backs against the wall is indicative how much fight we actually have. Aside from Harden and Capela I don't see much fight..

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Every time I see a stat like that, I get mad at the people who try to blame Harden, it's just stupid.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Take off the homer glasses. If harden didn't go super saiyan, we probably get blown out

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good god we are terrible.

I didn't like the Capela/Howard lineup. Maybe they did well with the +/- (don't know the stats) but spacing seemed terrible. Capela can't get out to guard the 3pt line and like Howard is useless outside of 5 feet. Jones is sadly still the best PF option we have until DMo gets back. Dude is shooting over 40% from 3, milk that.

Brewer is terrible, nothing more to be said. Another strange coaching decision to leave him out there that long.

Beverley, meh. Just a mediocre backup PG.

Lawson getting only 16 min is so sad, dude should be starting and have the ball in his hands more than Harden who coughs it up way too many times and is too careless.

Harden seemed to be sleepwalking out there and more concerned with getting 50 than winning the game at the end, but whatever, he had a great game.

Howard, Ariza, Capela solid games.

We are just a bad team.

18. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/breweco01.html

Corey brewer is awful. hes not holding anybody down, ever. He's shooting 20% from 3. He misses a couple layups a game. Hes hot stinking garbage.

An offense that is built around getting guys wide open 3's is only as good as the guy taking the wide open 3. And if that guy is Corey brewer that's a horrible horrible play.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We get it you think harden sucks.....

20. ibm

ibm Member

no, you dont get it.

i never ever said or thought harden sucks. actually i've said many times he's an elite talent.

i just dont think we can win a title w/ him being the #1, for reasons of both technical and mental side of the ball.

he'd be a brilliant #2 on a championship team.