1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If the Rockets lose to the 0-16 Sixers, the season is officially over.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Nov 25, 2015.

1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Les fires Morey or forces him to make a trade to save his job. Bickerstaff was given the rest of the season, but starting 1-3 is not a good sign and he might as well be axed too.

Harden has been pretty good for the most part, Dwight has been meh to decent, and Capela has raised his level of play from last year and has a bright future, but the rest of the team is atrocious. Tjones had a few good games, but that's it. Thornton was hot during our 4 game win streak, but that's it. Lawson has been a dumpster fire. JET, Brewer, and Ariza can't make open three pointers, so they might as well not even play.

Losing to the winless Sixers at HOME, would be the nail in the coffin for 2015-16, even though it's not even December yet.

And yes, things COULD still eventually turn around and we could slip into the playoffs, but do you really want to be an 7 or 8 seed and get swept by the Warriors or Spurs in the 1st round?

I say go full tank mode, and pray for the 1st pick to get Ben Simmons.

2016 lineup?

PG - ???
    SG - Harden/KJ
    SF - Durant/???
    PF - Simmons/DMo
    C - Dwight/Capela

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I got new for you, my friend...

This season is already over.

1 person likes this.
  3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Not over yet. They will be 5-11. After all the 2004-5 team started 5-11 and won 51 games so therefore....ah the hell with it. If they lose to philly its over.

1 person likes this.
  4. AXG

AXG Member

You mean it's not?! :rolleyes:

5. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Like it or not this team is going to finish with 40ish wins guaranteed. NBA purgatory right there.

6. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Durant to Houston? Why would he want to go to a lottery team, not gonna
    happen.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. gah

gah Member

The funny part is that the Sixers have been close enough to be in position to win their last few games, they are going to put up a fight and if we lose that would be it for me, I'd check out.

9. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Kek, what's the use of winning a game against the Sixers, only to lose the next ones.

10. malakas

malakas Member

if we lose to teh Sixers please dear people of CF go to the stadium and start booing and booing. It would be the most humiliation as a Rockets fan.

11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hey on the upside it'll be cheaper to get good seats!!! Hahaha, who'd want to go to this **** now though... Booing might make me feel better.

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Because that always helps.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This.

The season has been over. The rockets are not going to come anywhere close to what their goal was. I accepted that a while ago.

I thought they could at least make the season interesting to watch though. Turns out I won't even be watching them nearly as much.

15. SleepyRodriguez

Paying the owner by gaining entry to boo will turn things around immediately. Let us all go to the game and boo the hell out of this Rockets squad. That will make em shoot better and give them that pep they need to wake up from this shooting coma. Genius. Hell, let us PAY to get into the game to wear paper bags over our heads. We could get on ESPN!

16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Its beyond embarrassing that we wouldn't even be shocked if they lose. They don't know what the heck they are doing out there. Seasons over. Morey tried got Dwight. Operation success but the team died. We have no identity and McHale was a band aid. Wouldn't even be surprised if Alexander cleaned house by allstar break.

17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Who would be remotely surprised at this point? Seriously.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

It's time, brehs...

19. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

wtf... Talk about major overreactions.

20. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

tankforsimmons