1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

More like this.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Super pissed off that ISIS talk has infiltrated the one thing - other than NBA - that I thought was a 100 percent ecscape from the troubles of the world.

Also troubling considering I'm coming over for Mania 32.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Threats from ISIS at Philips Arena Taken Seriously for <a href="https://twitter.com/WWE">@wwe</a> Survivor Series Event <a href="https://t.co/lXsfBa5PPv">https://t.co/lXsfBa5PPv</a> <a href="https://t.co/8Of1ktfHEr">pic.twitter.com/8Of1ktfHEr</a></p>&mdash; FOX 5 Atlanta (@FOX5Atlanta) <a href="https://twitter.com/FOX5Atlanta/status/668134412169699329">November 21, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

There will be like 15 stadiums in America filled with 50,000 people that day why would they hit Phillips arena? The real targets are the football stadiums.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If Anonymous hackers think they uncovered that info, I'd hope they are on high alert at the arena.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Does the audio sound like **** for you guys?

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Mine was working fine.

I'm actually pleased with the ending. I thought Reigns would turn heel but Shaemus cashing in was just as good I guess even though I'm tired of Shaemus.

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

looooooooool is this for real? Sheamus?

hahahahahahahahaha

9. dabush713

dabush713 Member

Anyone but Roman

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah. I have no idea what the **** they're thinking. Booking is garbage and everyone is injured/on vacation. I'm gonna stop watching for a while. Because the product is absolutely horrible right now.

It was fun between CM Punk's promo in 2011 until Rollins won the companionship. It's been awful (aside from a few good matches) since then.

Hope they turn it around.

I'm not hopeful at this point.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

My sound came back to normal after i turned it on and off.

Thoughts on the show, overall, it was ust another PPV. Undertaker got a decent WM style entrance. Very nice to see Undertaker's Legacy.

Thought the Divas match was crap. Or I was half paying attention to it.

12. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I'd rather it be Roman than Sheamus...Geeeez anyone but that boring fool! Lazy booking IMO Had so much potential but they decided to go with the most boring ending. Simply terrible

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

On the instant replay it looked like the lower bowl of the arena popped for the Sheamus pin, but it was a pretty smarky crowd. Paige continued to get the good guy parts of the chants during the striking exchange. Talk about a non swerve-ivor series.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

WWE wonders why their ratings keep dropping so much.

It's because of **** like this. None of their characters are compelling at all except Lesnar, Undertaker, The Rock, and Sting. Insert whatever other part timer you want into it as well.

They ruin everyone's character when they have momentum and then shove them down the audience's throat when they hate them.

Examples:

-Ambrose was so over when he was in thy feud with Cena and Rollins. Killed his momentum. He's been Roman's sidekick ever since.
    -Cesaro was so massively over when he won the bottle royale a few years ago. Killed his momentum. He's over again now. Did nothing with him and now he's injured
    -Mizdow was over and looked like he could actually make the miz relevant. Buried him
    -Rusev was over during his unstoppable Russian days. Fed him to Cena. Is this guy even on the roster anymore?
    -Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family could be the top heels. Instead they're just glorified jobbers. When was the last time Wyatt won a meaningful singles match? His record on ppv must be like 2-12.
    -Ziggler had a huge moment at Survivor Series last year. Did nothing with him.
    -Barrett wins king of the ring. Proceeds to be a useless jobber.
    -Dudley Boyz come back to huge pops. Are they even still employed?
    -Ryback was huge around survivor series last year. Why the **** can they not just pair him with a legit mouthpiece and let him stampede through the roster?

The only thing WWE have done right recently are Rollins (injured), Bryan (reluctantly and injured too), New Day (they're amazing), they seem to be bringing along Owens nicely, and that's really it.

Now we're force fed the two most boring ****ers in Sheamus and Del-Rio with the two top titles. And yes the US champion is more important than the IC the way it's been booked the past few years.

When will they get that no one wants to see Del-Rio and Sheamus. People don't boo them because they're good heels. They boo them because they're so boring. People are fatigued from Cena (who to his credit is still great all these years later). Orton is another guy who needs a long break from the campionship picture. Same thing with the usos as tag champs. No one ****ing wants to see a face Roman Reigns as champ when the guy can't get through one promo without fumbling his words. Please no more Big Show and Kane.

The future is:

Cesaro
    Reigns as a heel for a while
    Rollins as a face
    Ambrose as a tweener
    Barrett as a heel
    New Day as heels for the considerable future
    Wyatt Family as the top heels
    Daniel Bryan if he ever comes back
    Owens as a heel
    Sami as a face
    Balor as a tweener
    Rusev as a monster heel, not the cuckold character
    Ryback
    Ziggler in a meaningful feud for once

There are the guys WWE needs to make big. Or at least put the in the proper spots to succeed. But they are doing such a ****ing bad job at it.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I thought it was done well for what it was... I mean I'm very disappointed Sheamus Is champ but the story was great imo. Starting the road for a Triple H vs Roman WM match possibly. I just hope they get the strap off of Sheamus soon.

16. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Reigns/Del Rio was by far my fave match of the show.

The divas match was really great too.

No way Sheamus gets beyond Royal Rumble as champ. I do like Sheamus as a wrestler I just don't wanna see that braided beard.

Triple H vs Reigns is def happening at WM

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

future in three tiers

WWE title/main event guys like: Rollins, Reigns, Lesnar, Neville, Bray, Rusev, Owens, Balor, Cena, Crews

Cesaro needs to improve on the mic. Bryan will never be champ again if he can even still wrestle.

Super Mid-Card: Cesaro, Del Rio, Sheamus, Ambrose, Barrett, Ziggler, Zayn, Joe, Itami, Stardust, Harper, Kalisto, New Day, The Usos, Breeze, Bryan (if healthy), Gable & Jordan, PTP, The Mechanics, Enzo & Cass, Paige, Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Asuka, Bayley, Athena Reese,

Job Crew: Bo Dallas, Sandow, The Ascension, The Vaudevillains, Adam Rose, R-Truth, The Miz, The rest of the Divas division,

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

ADR vs Reigns was probably match of the night. Which is disappointing to say because I was expecting a lot more from the Reigns vs Ambrose match. It ended abruptly I thought.

Having Reigns face HHH takes him out of the championship picture in mania. Assuming it involves Brock, who would be facing him for the title? It's also disappointing that realistically, nobody sees Seamus losing the title at the next ppv, just because it's a b-tier event.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

If he loses the title at the next PPV it will be to Reigns who will no doubt get his rematch clause. HHH won't let that happen

20. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Usually when someone who is going to carry the title long term, WWE Shop will add new merch of that wrestler like they did with Rollins.

Sheamus hasn't had new gear on WWE Shop for a while now.

That tells me he won't be holding that belt long.