1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jets @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 17, 2015.

1. conquistador#11

great team victory. disney should make a movie about yates and his parents, i'd watch and automatically rate it an 5/10 in the hangout. Hal is really growing into the free safety position, time to release him. =)

frreaking falcons, now they can't do wrong right. ticks me off. why are you going to pass the shotgun from your own 2 yard line.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bobbythegreat faints at Fitzpatrick costing the Jets the game with 2 INTs in the final 2 possessions.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Teams that ar3 5-5 ---- goto the playoffs 28% of the time
    Teams that are 4-6 ---- goto the playoffs 7% of the time

Rocket River

4. MONON

MONON Member

Great win! With the D playing great, the "don't let the qb loose the game" plan worked in the 4th.

5. AXG

AXG Member

TJ Yates, best QB in team history!

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

After the first month of the season, most had said if we could somehow get back to 5-5 before Thanksgiving, we could make a run at the playoffs. Well, here we are, and it took some incredible play by the Defense the last 3 weeks. From 2-5 to 5-5, can't believe how well we've played without Foster or KJackson.

We've got 3 difficult games coming up (don't underestimate a strong Saints offense coming off the Bye), 1 of which, tbh, is essentially a sure loss (Pats). If we can be at least 6-7 heading into the final 3 weeks, I like our odds at taking the Division. Wild Card could need a 10-6 finish.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I wonder if Bill Simmons will continue to call the Texans the worst team in the NFL because he doesn't like giving credit to any ex-Patriots players/coaches. His love for the Pats/Billicheck/Brady automatically makes him root against us every week.

8. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Great win. I love that O'Brien and Godsey simplified the offense and added a little trickery.

Texans need Hoyer to come on back healthy and they need to get Grimes more carries. He averaged over 6 yards a carry. Hell Shorts out of the wild card averaged over 6 yards a carry.

I also love Clowney and Watt lined up next to each other. It creates more one on ones for Watt and I thought Clowney was able to generate some pressure from the inside.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Derek Carr looking pedestrians the past two weeks. #fireRickSmith

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Well, we're back to .500.

I have now clue how in the hell it happened, but it happened. I can't believe this is the same non competitive defense we saw earlier in the year.

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Its a new season.

Let's go 5-1

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nailed it.

No reason this team can't finish the season strong. We're getting better as the season moves on. Peaking at the right time. Could get you anywhere.

13. Fantasma Negro

That was awesome, I called both picks before they happened, if you call on Fitz to be clutch he's gonna throw picks. He's the best at that but we beat a good team, we might have something here

14. dabush713

dabush713 Member

It's a New Day, yes it is!

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now, can the damn Rockets get back on track?

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Well this is how I thought the Texans D would play at the beginning of this season....Hard Knocks hangover finally shaken off?

Clowney and Watt playing alongside one another another is menacing

17. conquistador#11

one patriots win and a high level performance from the elite baby machine Rivers, and we will have the last wild card. all without a 'franchise' qb. what can the other teams do without their franchise qbs? lose 6 in a row!

18. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

No kidding

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Vs Bengals in WC as well... :cool:

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

So great to see the defense playing closer to what was expected

I can't fault anyone for calling this the worst team after those first few performances.