1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the season over?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CometsWin, Nov 21, 2015.

?

Is the season over?

1. It's definitely over

27.6%
  2. It's not over quite yet

33.7%
  3. We still have plenty of time, it's not over

28.7%
  4. Play Harder!

10.0%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Its improvement, we're not getting worse...

2. malakas

malakas Member

The season isn't over because it's almost certain with the way the West has dissapointed this year (apart from two teams) we will make the playoffs as a lower seed..and get swept.
    The Grizzlies have fallen off, The Clips and Thunder aren't playing well either. The Mavs are relying too much on 31 y.o Zaza who has every year injuries guaranteed like a clock, the Suns have chuckers pgs and can't defend well, Utah can't score, Minny and Denver and Portland are extremely young and will fall off pretty soon.So we will make the playoffs for sure.

3. ibm

ibm Member

how many yrs have you watched this league? hehe.

nothing is "for sure". esp. this early.

4. malakas

malakas Member

I meant without any injuries. If someone gets injured knock on wood then ofc no. But the West is looking not deep and kinda lost this year. The clips and okc will probably improve and start rolling but the Griz problems are real and well documented and they are very old team. Tonny Allen after getting exposed in last years' pos has become almost unplayable.
    Everything I said about the rest of the teams it's also true.
    Even if we dont' improve much we will make the playoffs.

5. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

I paid for League Pass and bought a ticket to see Rockets vs Wizards in Washington. It's sad, I know.

6. ibm

ibm Member

huh? if we dont improve much (and soon), we're gonna stay where we are. and the part of the season we just went thru was a relatively easy one.

and where we are is a few games UNDER .500. do you really think a sub-500 team in the west can make it? when was the last time it happened?

we may still make it, however meaningful that is. but to say it's a sure thing or even probable is not logical.

7. malakas

malakas Member

I think the last seed in the West will be near 0.500. And yes possibly even slight lower than that.
    I said not improve much, not don't improve at all. We have already improved in some ways. We are showing a bit more effort.

It's nice to be all negative but the truth is the season is FAR from over. Look around the West and tell me the 8 teams that are guaranteed to make the playoffs over the Rockets. Memphis and Suns aren't scaring anyone.

8. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

9 of the first 14 at home with the Griz coming up at home as well... People still making excuses for Harden. Yeah, it's over.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

I will never say it's over, when there is still a smidgen of chance left. That is what just happened last playoffs. I believe this team can still put it together.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish. We are going to be rolling come playoffs: book it.

10. OpenLayup-Why3?

It's not over! For me season hasn't even started.

[​IMG]

11. ibm

ibm Member

for a moment i wanna take a bet with you for one more time. but this one is gonna take too long, so... :cool:

yes, we're improving. but so are most of other teams. and an improved rockets still couldnt beat an improved knicks team, at home. does that not tell you enough?

i am an optimistic person in nature. but experience has made me realistic as well. sure the season mathematically isnt over, but hopes for a playoff berth isnt too bright atm, much less the ones for a title.

12. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Is not about the season, is about this team! This team is done. We need a real coach and a real leader. Two very difficult things to get.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think it depends on how good of a coach jb really is. He's got some fixing to do.

14. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

How did we go from contenders to this?

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

James going off every few games can get us enough wins to make the playoffs. We just need to game plan for the Warriors starting now though since we'll probably be the 8th seed.

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Why us? :( why do WE have to go through this all over again.

17. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

2004 twolves 58 wins, wcf
    2005 twolves 44 wins, lottery with essentially same team. No playoffs since 2004

2010 suns 54 wins, wcf
    2011 suns 40 wins, lottery (granted they lost amare to the Knicks in offseason). No playoffs since 2010

It's not impossible to suddenly fall off after making a deep playoff run.

18. rawool

rawool Member

I don't think it's over.

Anything can happen between now and April. I think we'll get "better" as the season goes on. We're going to be battling for the bottom seeds, though. As with every season, injuries are going to happen throughout the league; just have be lucky to not suffer any more.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JB needs to get back to starting Lawson and figuring out how to get him in a groove. Harden will get his regardless.

Next, we need to play way BIGGER. Use Capela and Dwight together If you have to, but fix this rebounding NOW. TWIN TOWERS for limited stretches is absolutely an option.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree the coaching staff is making too drastic of changes. Ty should have never been benched in the first place. We won 4 freaking games in a row with him staring and actually looked like a real playoff team in those games. Since then we've lost every game with terry starting besides the one we lucked into because harden had a epic game.

We need this game in a bad way weds. It's pretty important we win the next 4 games and get back to 500. After that revaluate what's been working and go with that.

I still don't know why we don't go back to the dwight/ariza/harden/Thornton/Lawson lineup those starters were 4-1 and were in the nets game that we lost till the end. If I'm JB im Going back to what works.