1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Fogle gets 15 years in prison

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jayhow92, Nov 19, 2015.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...le-set-sentenced-sex-crimes-article-1.2439994

Losing weight made him a sex fiend eh?

Ex-Subway spokesman Jared Fogle gets 15 years in prison for sick crimes as doctor says weight loss made him a sex fiend

Disgraced former Subway spokesman Jared Fogle was sentenced to more than 15 years behind bars for collecting child p*rn and paying for sex with underage girls — after a psychiatrist said his sandwich diet made him a sex fiend.

Fogle, 38, pleaded guilty Thursday to child p*rnography and sex with a minor charge, as per a deal he struck with prosecutors in August.

Before sentencing, forensic psychiatrist Dr. John Bradford said Fogle became hypersexual after he dropped 245 pounds on a diet of turkey and veggies subs from Subway, an extreme transformation that made him the face of the food chain.

“Once he lost weight, it seemed as though in a short time he had hyper-sexuality,” he said. “There are brain disorders that can be associated with sexual drive.”

Prosecutors wanted a 12 ½-year sentence, while Fogle's attorneys asked for just five years. But U.S. District Judge Tanya Walton Pratt elected to go beyond the prosecution's recommendation, sentencing Fogle to 15 years and 8 months.

Inmates in federal prisons must serve at least 85% of their sentences, meaning Fogle will spend more than 13 years behind bars.

A statement from one of Fogle’s victims was read aloud after Pratt announced her ruling.

“My daughter has been impacted hard through all of this. She contemplated suicide. She now lives on sleep medication, depression medication, and anxiety medication,” the statement read. “I could have lost my daughter a few weeks ago if she went forward with her suicide thoughts.”

The former Subway star, who lost his job amid the investigation, previously agreed to pay a total of $1.4 million to his 14 victims, with each getting $100,000.

Fogle expressed his remorse and fought back tears as he addressed a judge during the hearing.

“For most of my adult life, I've been in the spotlight, trying to be a role model,” he said. “I became dependent on alcohol, p*rnography and prostitutes.”

U.S. District Judge Tanya Walton Pratt accepted his plea to one count each of travelling to engage in illicit sexual conduct with a minor and distribution and receipt of child p*rnography.

Bradford, a professor at the University of Ottawa in Canada, said Fogle told him he had sex with minors age 16 and 17 and had “a fairly extensive history” of using prostitutes. He said Fogle told him he masturbated to fantasies about prepubescent girls — but that there's no evidence he acted on them....

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Get pounded in the A, on the reg, daily for those 15yrs..:mad:

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

He'll have to be segregated from the rest of the population.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Still need more time

Rocket River

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

He'll be enjoying a footlong salami every day with extra mayo

1 person likes this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Looks like Tyrone gonna be eating fresh

7. tested911

tested911 Member

Federal vs State... Very different

I'm pretty sure he will get a a$# kicking here and there but don't think its ShawShank redemption type of prison.

8. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Maybe he just forgot what he had down there for so long because he couldn't see it. Out of sight out of mind.

[​IMG]

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wasn't he overweight in college with a massive p*rn library he rented? Obviously p*rn and what he ended up doing are completely different, but the dude was sexually charged before he ate a bunch of sandwiches.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

An interesting thread from 13 years ago titled "I wish Jared would just go away". Well, your wish has been granted!

Also interesting to note that Another Brother stood up for Jared and said he was a really nice guy.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=65925

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I don't care if they're white, black, asian, latino all get in line...:roll eyes:

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He will get a p*rn contract when he gets out.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Should of hung out with Charlie Sheen

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Nice find!

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

That is kind of crazy that the prosecutors wanted 12.5 years as part of the plea agreement but the judge decided to make it 15.5 years...

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I sincerely hope that you're not implying anything other than AB having the simple and innocent impression that this guy came off in public as nice.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Chop of his dick and make into a subway sandwich he has to eat. Of course he can chose his toppings, I'm not that mean.

18. Mr. Clutch

Would that be a footlong?

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm not one of his victims so I wouldn't know. Based on his weight loss though, probably a lot of saggy skin.

20. Mr. Clutch

You gain fat on your dick?