1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lynn McHale to Morey : Save your crocodile tears

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 19, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

She's too old for that stupid ****.

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

That's not McHale's wife.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Damn, why is everyone hating on her? She's defending her husband and apparently blames Harden for his firing.

That's her opinion and maybe there is some truth to it. Who knows.

What's with the hate?

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What makes Mark Jackson and Kevin Mchale very similar... They both have something besides the x's and o's of basketball that can motivate star players to perform. People expected the Warriors to be struggling to make the playoffs after the hiring of Steve Kerr. NO one expected his team to play as it has. GSW is now a special team. What has Kerr offered that Mark couldn't? The answer is simple - a system.

Mark Jackson is a terrific motivator, and inspires players to play hard. But sometimes its NOT about playing hard. The ra ra only gets so far...eventually you have to have a system that everyone can fall back upon. Its also about putting your players in the best situations for success...Mark didnt, Kerr did. And it took a "jump" shooting team and made them champions.

This is the third year of a "Dwight and Harden" pairing. Kobe and Shaq proved it can be done with 2 superstars (and they had success instantly). Others have as well. But everyone was here was TOO comfortable. People need to understand that their actions have consequences. The Rockets need to evaluate if Howard is worth a multi year extension. They need to see if they have to press restart. Morey is completely right. Losing ground in the West is effectively a death sentence. Sometimes, regardless of how good a team plays down the stretch (ie. see OKC last year)...they have to overcome early season mistakes. Les doesnt want to wait. He wants his stars to understand he is serious about winning...and doing it NOW. Someone had to take the fall for this complacency...Mchale had too go.

It will be argued about for a long time if it was right firing Mchale so early; but all that becomes moot, if the Rockets suddenly become consistent on a nightly basis. Win or lose...that they played their style to the best of their abilities. Have to say that Morey is incredibly lucky, and sometimes things and decisions that he makes just pay dividends in the long run. Trusting that JB can right the ship, over other BIG names...takes "balls..."

Finally in regards to Mchale's wife being upset. I would be shocked if she was ok with it...Being fired sucks, but seriously...Cry me a "milk-hair". He got paid 12 million dollars. Trust me...he isnt worried and neither should she.

2 people like this.
  5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

well that didn't last long, she deleted her account

Murray called MilkHair

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We pretty much already knew it was bc of Harden...she just confirmed it. As the coach's wife, she should know what's going on, so I doubt she'd falsely single out the star player just out of anger. If she didn't really know, she'd probably focus more on how unfair the firing was in general.

7. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

You know McHale coached the Twolves right?

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Wow, take a cue from your husband and have some class, Lynn.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Well she will fit right in with us in the GARM lol

inb4 she makes James Har_en jokes and tweets about him getting drunk at clubs.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

But that could just be his/her perception of it. I'm sure almost every person fired thought it was for an unfair reason and I wouldn't be surprised she would find a scapegoat in all this. She's too close to this to take as a legit source. I bet she never thought Kevin did a single thing wrong in his entire career.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Thank you. So much.

I keep harping on this, sometimes your team doesn't have it. Sometimes they are cold. Sometimes they are just down. They are people. That's why you have a system. Something you can fall back on that can help you through it. Something where you can get good and easy shots.

As for JB, well all we can do is hope. I think it is unfair of people to think that just because he was under McHale that means he'll be just like McHale. Lots of great coaches were interim coaches before and it's not like JB has only been an assistant under McHale.

13. Asian Sensation

God forbid a wife supporting her husband and coming to his defense and you keyboard warriors get all sensitive.

ps I'm glad McHale is gone too.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes...but she knows these people personally, morey, james...It's very odd that she would throw them under the bus specifically...and especially because they're the two most powerful people, not named Les, in the org.

The media isnt going to shape her opinion, like it can with fans..She's on the inside already. Of course she will defend Kevin, so much that she's going to spill what she normally would have to hold back.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Pissed household

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LMAO,

McHale is the only coach after Rudy T that took the Rockets to the WCF.

You guys are just a bunch of sour losers which also being the internet hero to show your toughness to a woman probably don't know much about the sport.

17. dmoneybangbang

Because our ex coach's wife know it's hardens attitude that has been holding us back more than mchale this season.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yup. She's got his back.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Am I sensing some... Lynn Only Fans?

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Who is going to want to coach a team that gets rid of a coach that took them to the Western Conference Finals? A team that let's the players dictate how things are going to be? A team that can't take the blame when it's on them?

Howard or Harden, or both, just proved they lack accountability and the ability to follow... they two important aspects of leadership.

I'm willing to bet it is Harden, who is getting more disgusting by the day with his diva act. Success changed him into something I don't care for.