1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SAS responds to Calvin Murphy about Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsLegend, Nov 19, 2015.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

[youtube]N9k5UUuQac8[/youtube]

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wish they'd take SAS off of this show and get him back doing interviews. He was actually good at that, great even. He has had some great interviews with athletes.

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

He sounds like he's scared of Calvin Murphy

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

How irritating is it, on a scale of 1-10? Debating whether I'd like to elevate my blood pressure.

1 person likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What did he say? No interest in watching Screamin A Smith.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah he didn't even mention him by name. Just "The person in the rockets organization, good person blah blah won't say his name." but it kind of come off as disrespectful.

He mentioned Calvin Murphy yesterday and said his name so why isn't he saying it now?

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Ugh. So is Strong sticking it out at Texas?????

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

The numbers are something Dwight will always get.

What I'm addressing is leadership and impact. Dwight isn't the Dwight he was in Orlando. He was still impactful. That doesn't seem to be the case in Houston. I challenge anybody, I won't mention the person with the Rockets, really good person, they just sent me numbers. All I'm saying in response is I challenge any Rockets fan, anyone in Houston, anyone in that organization to tell me if Dwight was as ferocious and impactful as he was in Orlando, is McHale still the coach? I'd say he is. That's the point. McHale was supposed to help him evolve. Not be the same guy or less than what he was. Health has something to do with is but all I'm saying is he hasn't been the Howard we expected him to be in LA and when he signed for $88M. I can't deny Harden isn't helping. Effort looks sluggish.

Maybe it's the character of the team. 3 years in and you're looking for leadership still, you'd think Harden is but no, no, no. How does Howard get 5 shots in 40 minutes? He's not being paid attention to enough. Whatever the case is, when I say blame, whether it's due to health or something else, Dwight doesn't seem like Dwight and that has a lot to do with what impacts Kevin McHale. If he was what he was supposed to be, this team continues on successfully.

(Dwight's "carefree" attitude) When you playing with dudes that want to win, that doesn't help you. You cannot have the attitude that life will be fine, so what I lost. It has to kill you. It looks like it never kills Dwight Howard.

#8 J.R., Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Lol at SAS backtracking and now putting some blame on Harden.

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i love stephen a smith.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

SAS looks like a fool with his Dwight Howard take.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The king of all backtrackers. That guy will simply never admit hes wrong but he did have some valid points about Dwights leadership. Still doesnt give him retribution of the comments of Dwight yesterday. sas is just a little b...

13. TheresTheDagger

Didn't watch SAS yesterday, but did watch what he (and Skip) had to say today.

For the most part, I agreed with them in their analysis today of the team, and leadership (i.e. Harden, Howard).

However...

Three things are glaringly obvious in their analysis.

1. They just don't like Dwight. That dislike is clouding any objective analysis of his performance...especially SAS.

2. They let their personal feelings towards Kevin Mchale cloud their objective analysis of him as a coach AND his failings both in the X's and O's portion and the loss of the ability to properly motivate his team to put out effort.

3. It's painfully obvious they haven't watched this team play this year. All the national pundits think Mchale wasn't given any chance to turn it around but didn't mention just how bad it had really gotten losing game after game AT HOME to mediocre teams in blowout fashion.

1 person likes this.
  14. bmd

bmd Member

What did Calvin Murphy say?

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Dude, people should be. Calvin can still probably throw hands if he needs to.

Man, I sure wish we had video of that story about him grabbing the 6 10 player by the hair and pummeling him back in the day.

I Love the Murph.

2 people like this.
  16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Dwight is not the same player in Orlando anymore and never be. His injuries have slowed him down, so SAS doesn't know sh*** about effort.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Omfr12DmzFk?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  18. coweye

coweye Member

I was done with SAS when he was celebrating on twitter after a football player got injured. What really disturbed me was Rick Carlisle's comments about the firing of coach McHale. He is not part of the Houston Rockets he is not part of that locker room so he should be silent on issues of other teams.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I think he has some role in the coaches union or something like that.

20. conquistador#11

why is limehouse talking basketball and not money investment? and are we going to ignore rick carlise talking about the situation too.