1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/18/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Amel

Amel Member

Grind up wins are usually the best. They really give teams strenght and keep rolling...

MilkHair apologist need to stay quiet, for at least the first ten games.

2. Amel

Amel Member

Garner is lost. He cant handle the truth.

3. i3artow i3aller

:cool:

We all needed this win.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

If the team did in fact quit on my McHale, that's kind of disgusting. McHale is going through some rough times mental health wise but you are getting paid big time to play professional basketball. Go out and do you job eh...

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

Was at the game. Howard is horrible in the post. I know he got 17 boards but what was up with the one handed rebounding effort on many balls? He should have had like 23+

At least he hit those two free throws.

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

What a comeback. Needed that win.

7. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

I think starting Thorton with Harden would be smarter!

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Agreed, can't remember a game that was officiated this badly... It was a miracle the rockets pulled this one out.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If we lost i could imagine the GARM going crazy.

10. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Good thing he didn't.

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Thornton seems like he should play next to hardman

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I only got to see the ending of the 4th and overtime. What are some of the good things Bickerstaff did in this game? Any big difference between him and McHale?

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Improved defense, trying to get Harden to move off ball, Lawson coming off the bench, good substitutions had a nice 10 man rotation, attempt at more ball movement, better rebounding, made sure the players never gave up

14. Mattician

Mattician Member

He showed more emotion as well. At times it looked like he was a fan, and not just a coach.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

Thornton was way odd tonight on his shooting. At times he was trying to create and drive to the basket. He was bricking all layups. They don't need him to do that. He's better as a spot up shooter

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I don't think they quit on him as much as they (ie Harden and a couple of other players) didn't put in the work in the offseason. For example in Harden's case after he signed that Adidas deal he probably partied all off season long with his good buddy Lawson and his current GF Kardashians instead of hitting the gym and working on his shot. You can see how all the shots that used to go in last season are flat this season, my guess is his lack of stamina and lift is because he got fat in the offseason and only now is he playing himself back in shape.

I thought Harden was going some mental **** but looking at how happy he was with Brewer's 3 I guess it was really just him becoming out of shape, in this case we probably didn't need to fire Mchale at all, 1-2 more months of PT and Harden and co. would've gotten their mojo back.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Much needed win for sure. Big time shot by Brewer to send that bad boy to overtime. Harden was amazing, Dwight was a beast on the boards and Ariza had a solid game.

The looked a lot better and the defense effort was there. Hopefully we can build in this and win the next 10.

Let's go Rockets

18. ogh

ogh Member

Hope this win is the turning point!

19. eman

eman Member

Love how JB was hoarse after the game. Hope he will try starting Thornton instead of JET. And please, pretty please do not post up Dwight. PnR, PnR, PnR... and more PnR...

20. chandlerbang21

Glad for the win but it took a miracle shot from brewer and harden to iso the entire overtime to get the win vs one of the worst teams in the west. Won't be that easy to keep up vs Memphis and new York