1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's short-sighted actions spark yet another humanitarian crisis - now Cuban refugees

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Nov 18, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Does Obama even think about the consequences of his actions? He has a large share of the blame for the Syrian refugee crisis, he has a large share of the blame for the central american refugee crisis from this past year, and now with his actions with Cuba he's sparked yet another refugee crisis.

It would be laughable how amateur and incapable of leading Obama is, if it weren't so sad for the victims of his poor decision making abilities.

http://news.yahoo.com/cuban-migrants-paralyze-nicaragua-costa-rica-border-115320250.html

La Cruz (Costa Rica) (AFP) - A protest by desperate Cuban migrants stranded on their journey to the United States paralyzed a key border crossing between Costa Rica and Nicaragua Tuesday.

Long lines of buses and trucks formed on both sides of the frontier as the migrants refused to let traffic pass, authorities from the two countries said.

"The international transport of passengers and cargo remains paralyzed" at the Penas Blancas border post, the Nicaraguan government said, warning of disruptions to trade and transport "for the entire Central American region."

A spokesman for Costa Rica's immigration authority confirmed the blockage.

More than 2,000 Cubans are stuck at the border, penniless and without immigration papers.

Many were stranded when Costa Rica busted a human trafficking ring that was charging $7,000 to $15,000 (6,500 to 14,000 euros) to smuggle them into the United States.

They are part of a growing surge in Cubans trying to reach the United States since Washington and Havana announced a thaw in their Cold War-era standoff last December.

For Cubans looking to leave the communist island, the rapprochement has sparked fears that the US policy of granting asylum to Cuban arrivals may be near an end.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The article makes it seem like this problem has existed and grew worse because Costa Rica started cracking down on human trafficking and because there are worries that the U.S. policy of granting asylum to Cubans might end.

That sounds to me that the Obama admin isn't the major culprit here. At worst, they catalyzed an already bad situation.

Just like Mexico, there will always be illegal immigrants from Cuba finding or dying their way here. Normalization of relations could potentially benefit the Cuban people and reduce the number of people taking that dangerous journey.

3. bigtexxx

If you read the article it's clear that Obama's actions towards Cuba have their people worried that the asylum option could be coming to an end.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Texx thought you were against refugees in the other thread?

5. Invisible Fan

I mentioned that.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I just took a **** but had to wipe, Obama's fault. Need a republic in office so I can have perfect no-wipe ****s.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a bizarre thread. You must be some kind of bored puppy, OP.

8. bigtexxx

Are you still incapable of addressing content? Are you only able to attack posters and wax nostalgic about days of yesteryear?

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Texx, I don't think you get it.

Politics and content aside, your posting tactics have led to a characterization of you that has pretty much taken hold across this board.

No one is interested in discussing content with you, because you have demonstrated that you have agenda and are not interested in honest discussions.

10. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Your trolling is truly impressive. Sometimes I just have to tip my cap.

Well played.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting this story, but what is your solution? From your post it sounds like you want to go back to how it was before Obama started opening up to Cuba. I don't see how that solves anything either.

And is D&D your only political outlet in life? You seem like a good dude from your posts outside of D&D, but the non-stop complaining gets tiresome.

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Why would he worry about Cuban refugees? It's not like there's a colony of confirmed terrorists there...... My God... what have we done.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Explain how this is Obama's fault .

14. bigtexxx

Lazy post from you. It's in the article. Or maybe you weren't paying attention when Obama made being friendly to Cuba a priority?

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't have a solution. See his thread about ISIS started before the attacks. There were enough posts to fill a couple of pages begging him to put forth an idea about how to approach the war in Syria and Iraq, but he refused to offer anything other than his usual schtick.

This thread will be more of the same.

17. bigtexxx

The solution would have been for Obama not to warm up to the communists in Cuba! Even worse, Obama did this without a plan to handle the new wave of refugees. The solution is for Obama to think about consequences. Instead, he selfishly tries to take moves that he thinks will help his legacy.

18. Invisible Fan

Getting lazy?

I suppose I didn't spell it out and because I used masturbatory big words, but that means those who intended to sneak into America would've done so later even without Obama being friendly to Cuba.

The other part is that Nicaragua and Costa Rica each got fed up over the existing trafficking scheme,used it as part of a bigger political issue, and that's what's being reported here and now. Without the increased rate as a result from Obamas policy shift, there'd still be upwards of a 1000 refugees stuck in limbo at Costa Ricas borders.

It goes back to what I wrote earlier, which I should dumb down and spell out, also cross the Ts and dot the Is... that being friendly with Cuba has the outside chance of opening up their markets, improving trade and help change that quote in the article about Cuba "getting worse and worse."

19. bigtexxx

Terrible post from you. You're trying to make excuses for Obama's poor planning and lack of consideration of consequences. Is it too much to ask to do things in a way that doesn't create another refugee crisis? Why can't we set a higher standard and lay out a plan in advance to prevent this?

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Look at me! Look at me! Bahaha.

Clown show thread, brah.