1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets hold player only meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Nov 17, 2015.

1. TheresTheDagger

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ers-only-meeting-amid-four-game-losing-streak

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i hope so. this will be an interesting season regardless.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden saying all the right things. Again.

1 person likes this.
  4. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

This is actually good to hear. Players-only meetings usually work in most sports to give the team a spark when they need.

Glad to see Rockets doing it.

5. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Let's see if this changes anything. The way they played last night showed a collective lack of heart that we've seen essentially this entire season.

Now we'll find out who really has some pride.

6. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

The next 10 games will show the true colors in each of these players and determine if this team will contend or fold for the remainder of this season.

7. gogispade

gogispade Member

Lets hope this time he will deliver.

8. 713

713 Member

Were there strippers there?

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

They had an intervention with Harden to let him know to leave those Kardashian skanks alone.

11. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

I don't understand why it took this long for this meeting to happen. If I was the star like James or Dwight I would want this meeting all the time especially after every loss, like on the ****ing plane ride home.

I think meeting go better without coaches. It's kinda like at a work place, me and my employers who are part of a "leadership" roles always have our own meetings that our a lot more productive without the boss being there.

They probably decided to let Jason Terry choose the rotations and be the coach on the bench

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I thought they had a meeting before the OKC game when they were 0-3?

13. Marteen

Marteen Member

"Play harder"

*End of meeting*

14. beardsanity713

i just watched PTI talk about the Rox and they were saying everything the fans have been saying except the eluded that mchale was a problem

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

****, should have had a meeting after the very first game smh.

16. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

NO. NO. NO. It is not good to hear.

NOW they decide it's time to have a team meeting? Now, when they are looking up at nearly every other team in the NBA and their only realistic #PURSUIT is the pursuit of a .500 record?

"We hadn't had an opportunity to communicate like that since the season had been going..."

Really??? Too busy to chat with your buds about the fact that you are taking multiple 20 point ass-kickings by lesser teams? Getting torched by Raymond Felton doesn't clue you in to the fact that you need to have a little pow wow? Losing to the winless Nets doesn't trigger something inside your head to let you know the house was on fire? Was it not urgent until NOW?

That entire quote by Harden is disturbing somehow. Is this group therapy? How about saying "We suck and it is unacceptable." That might be a good start.

I truly expected this team to take time to gel, especially with the notion that Lawson would be the key to getting Harden some "easy shots." Asking your main guy to adjust his role, integrating a new point, dealing with injuries and a lack of depth at the four, having Dwight miss out on B2Bs... ALL that can add up to a slow start.

But THIS? This ain't just that. This needed a meeting way before now.
    In the words of Ed Bassmaster — "Pssssshhhht!"

17. CertifiedTroll

Hope we didn't lose our player only meeting.

18. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

The is what went down:

Howard: so what else can we do to get Mchale fired?

Harden: I'm doing my part. I'm not playing D and I'm going to clubs after the games.

Lawson: not only have I not played D, but I also take bad shots.

Beverly: I had the ez tag thing and now I'm going to take my time coming back from injuries.

Howard: perfect, now let's let Lillard go for 50 on Wednesday.

1 person likes this.
  19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

This. You need a certain kind of mentality to take adversity and turn it into something productive. It should not have taken them 10 games to realize that they were moorless and adrift. The need for communication should have taken place immediately - and in fact, should have taken place in the offseason, when everyone was busy goofing around. Dwight was trolling ComicCon, Harden was partying and getting fat shoe contracts; those two should have the foresight to realize that getting from WCF to championship takes a tremendous amount of focus and effort. BOTH of those guys have been to the Finals. Neither has won, and both know the culture and effort it takes to get to that level of success. And neither has been the leader this team needs (at least Dwight is trying though).

20. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Whoa...the season started 2 weeks ago...