1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Strange. When we are winning Morey can't keep his mouth shut.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

We need change this is so toxic feeling

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

You're talking about something else. With executive decisions, the Rockets are never public about their intentions.

My guess is there are conversations going on in the background, but you won't hear a word about them until a decision has been made.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I guess. It would be a little more reassuring if Morey would let the fans know this level of play is unacceptable atleast Maybe strike up some fear in tthe coaching staff and players. That's better than not saying anything. Make it seem like they think this will magically work it's self out

5. davidghall

davidghall Member

Players will play harder for a coach they respect and one that holds them accountable.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Great post. I need to find out who Luhnow is.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

can one of our photoshop experts here (zboy?) put this fool's head on the gulf war iraqi information minister pic?

8. davidghall

davidghall Member

9. davidghall

davidghall Member

10. valorita

valorita Member

For all of Mchale's problems with x's and o's, in game adjustments, and pre game prep, he did show that he is willing to bench Harden (Clippers come back game) and keep him there in critical games.
    Also the one thing that he does say "play harder" ironically is the exact buggest problem that the rockets have right now.
    Thus given that he has the same deficiencies and his solution is the actual answer to current rockets' woes, i am not sure Mchale deserves to be fired.
    Although sometimes you just need a scapegoat to freshen things up.

11. davidghall

davidghall Member

I just don't think they will ever play harder for a coach they don't respect.

12. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

It's important to discover the issue, but it is MORE important to be able to fix it. It's good McHale knows the team needs to play harder, but it is useless if he can't find ways to make them play harder. If he can't do it, then we either gut the team and change to players who are willing to play harder, or we change the coach to someone who can make them play harder.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's not just a matter of playing harder. Look at the disaster last night. No one knows where they're supposed to be on offense. The spacing was horrible which led to a bunch of careless turnovers. That's not the guys not playing hard. That's them being completely confused as to what they're supposed to be doing. And we're 11 games in(after 8 games in the preseason) with most of these players having been teammates since last season.

The fact is they're not prepared for these games. Either that or they're only able to concentrate for about 1 1/2 quarters before everything falls apart and they let the other team go on a huge run to put the game away(in this case, a 60-19 run!). Considering these are almost all veterans who've been in the league many years and seemed to be doing just fine a year ago, all of it points to the coaching staff, not the players.

14. davidghall

davidghall Member

Oh I completely agree with you. I'm on record of saying I think McHale is the worst coach in the history of organized sports. I was just addressing that one specific issue. One poster seemed to be implying that it is a player problem that they are not putting in enough effort. I believe good coaches get the best out of their players, and that includes effort.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Van Gundy LOL

Fire JVG

Fire Van Gundy's pathetic ass!!!

Headline: “JEFF VAN GUNDY FIRED!!!

Van Gundy needs to go....

How Hot is Van Gundy's seat right now?

[CHRON] To Van Gundy, lack of praise beats feint praise

Dear Les...

Are the players trying to get Van Grumpy fired??

Is this JVG's Last Stand?

Theres your sign, fire JVG III

Jeff Van Gundy --- bring him back or not?

Van Gundy just doesn't get it (lack of adjustments)

FIRE JVG

Fire/Replace Coach JVG!!!?

Is JVG the right coach for Rockets?

JVG: Yay or Nay?

Evaluate JVG: Not Bash him.

FIRE GUNDY!!!!!(2004-05 season)

FIRE GUNDY II!!!!!!!!(2005-06 season)

[Houston Chronicle] Rockets give Van Gundy non-coaching option

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

But but but... McHale lead us to the WCF!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden was sick, you know that right?

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Fear with the coaching staff won't do anything because I believe they are already doing their best, it's just not good enough.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

When your team consistently ignores the game plan and doesn't respond to simple instructions. Then it's time to move in a different direction. This is an ongoing problem that has gotten worse.

Keeping Mchale would will do more harm than good.

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Josh Smith lead us to the WCF!!!