1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 11/16/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

I hope we lose, so we can lose Mchale

2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

We can win tonight if Harden can both score 40 pts and get his teammates involve. He needs less Iso and hero ball.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Breaking News: This just in. Game plan for tonight.

Play harder, play smarter and play with more juice. And lastly "clap clap"

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not quite there. But like I said, I'm close. It's not the losses that bother me so much. Although there's obviously no excuse to lose to a Mavs team led by Raymond Felton or the previously winless Nets, especially with a roster this talented. It's that they don't even seem to care. I've never seen a Rockets team like that. Individual players, sure. But never the entire group including the coach who looks like a zombie sitting there on the sidelines.

There's nothing that kills the spirit of a diehard fan more than seeing a team just quit out there. What's even more depressing is to see the Texans doing the same thing, although their expecations were nowhere near as high as the Rockets coming into this season. Oh well, we always have the Astros in 4 1/2 months.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I understand. It's getting more painful by the game.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

another crappy team at home....we should win right?

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't hope we lose. but maybe mchale can get 2 techs and an ejection early, and then we win :grin:

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Come on guys play harder. Effort. Hustle. Clap clap clap. Defense. Clap.

9. malakas

malakas Member

It is not that young. And I dont' see anything exciting about it.
    The only exciting is making annoying overhyping Celtics fans shut up once in a while when their dreams are burned to ashes.

(the most annoying fans are lakers fans, bulls fans and celtics fans. They are a pest).

No.
    It shows that
    A) PERIMETER DEFENCE is equally important to rim protection.
    For years people throw the usual "perimeter defence is not that important" etc etc.
    But here are the Celtics along with last years Bucks proving them wrong.
    If you can deny penetration and play the passing lines and get steals then rim protection is not as important.
    B) Discipline and sheme is as important as talent when it comes to defence.
    Because the Celtics have only TWO good defensive players and one more who is with glass ankles and doesn't play much. (Crowder and Smart and Amir). But because they are disciplined and hustle we get the disgrace of them winning many games.

Not only is it small but it's against bench players. Not starters.
    I have watched three Celtics games this season and he seems more confident but defensive juggernaut he isn't.

10. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden will go off tonight. 35+ point game to save McHale's bacon while the same ol' problems will still exist.

11. chandlerbang21

You don't keep up with the NBA very much do you?

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

havent you heard Harden aint a top 15 player, mchale aint the problem its harden lol. Harden should be bailing Mchale out like last year.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Harden had Dmo last year. This year he doesn't.

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

Another blowout. Marcus Smart will kill Harden and Lawson.

15. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol what did DMo average last year, dont get wrong dmo is an above average player who i love, But Harden carried this team last year... he was the only one who could break down the defense, he played the most minutes in the NBA last year

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don't know what to expect. At this point I'm more interested in the Texans in Monday night football.

I could see us losing this game with no problem. Boston definitely has the right formula to do it which is just being capable of making it to the arena.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

They have players with heart, they have Amir "Does it all" Johnson, something that we lack when Dwight sits and DMo doesn't play. They have amazing coach. They have a legit system on both ends.

18. Gant

Gant Member

I think he's a poor defender myself. It was just a weird fluke of an early season stat. He has very short arms, so he'll always be very limited on D.

19. Drogba

Drogba Member

I've never seen a fanbase constantly vilify the face of the franchise like Rockets fan do. Elaborate videos poking fun at his defense, constantly propping up his rival (Curry), blaming him for the ineffectiveness of the PG (Lawson, Lin), constantly criticizing his social/dating life, questioning his professionalism & dedication to his craft. It's just ridiculous and unfair, it's like they forget we were a run of the mill team before the Harden trade.

They just absolve McHale/Morey of all blame and place it on solely on Harden's shoulders. The grass is always greener on the other side to his critics on here. A player that carried a mediocre team to the WCF's is a fraud while they Champion and make a cult hero out of a chronic loser like McGrady who was a failure wherever he went.

20. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Backdoor cuts for Bradley and Thomas all night long.

Rockettes lose by 13.