1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Les Alexander has brought up a coaching change to Morey if things dont go as planned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 6, 2015.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

It appears the attendence the last two games has dropped significantly...would that motivate Les to make a change prior to the All-Star break?

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Regardless of the "deal", players need to play hard on defense. McHale has never held players accountable* for their embarrassing effort. Shots aren't always gonna fall, and defense is something that should always the backbone. Rockets have been winning on pure talent alone the last few years. Get a coach the players can respect.

*players should also take pride in their own effort, especially the team's best player since he sets the tone (looking at you Harden). Crap leadership on many levels

#562 Houstunna, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Dude... what you have stated is complete BS...

A coach coaches and a GM manages... Only a couple of people have been able to do both and be successful...

The coach and the GM have to be on the same page in order to be successful... Every GM that starts to get involved with the coaching decisions basically ends up as a disaster..

I have seen the Rockets pass up on 3 to 5 foot shots to go for a 3 pointer and that is plain stupid basketball.. Morey is great at analytic's but you cannot implement that into a game such as basketball. There's a difference between basketball and poker.

T_Man

4. malakas

malakas Member

Cyber opened this thread BEFORE the last two games.

Stop with all the owner bashing.
    I think a lot of people here are spoiled really. Do you know what it's like to have a bad owner? Trading your young talent for a washed up vet, because the owner demanded so? Keeping trash players and coaches because the owner likes them? NO.
    So stop. Talk to Knicks fans or Sac fans to learn what it's like to have your beloved team owned by an idiot and there's nothing to do about that.

5. malakas

malakas Member

I am not a dude, dude.
    And noone advocated for a GM-coach position like Doc's. I'm talking about a COLLABORATION. Without collaboration between the coach and GM there are problems. The GM can't manage or make trades if the coach refuses to play the players they get him. And I didn't see Morrey forcing Mchale to make some kind of ingame adjustment. I didn't see the GM going down to the lockeroom and give speeches and try to motivate the players.
    That's the coach job and this coach is very bad at that. The GM of the Rockets and the analytical department gives input and the coach uses that input to bring wins. What's wrong with that?

You can't implement analytics in the game of basketball? Are you aware that apart from the Rockets the team that uses analytics the most is the current CHAMPION? Are you aware that the analytics department of GSW have also been monitoring perfomance in all Warriors practices and made players stay out of games and the coach gave them DNP-rest so they didn't get injured?

Are you aware that POP himself listens to his analytic department and made a very crucial adjustment when ti comes to rebounding?

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

WHAT'S UP?

[​IMG]

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lol. I wS fully expecting "pics or gtfo". :p

8. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Wait, but didn't something happen last year where you said you weren't a dude then You backtracked and said you actually were a dude? I'm so confused!

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

Basically, we had open layups, but shot 3s? :eek:

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

LOL!!! Shocking right...

T_Man

11. malakas

malakas Member

yes after like ten posters started bullying and idiotic posts. Whatever.
    Don't assume everyone who posts here is a a man to start posts with "DUDE!".

And back to the point of the thread, if you think Les is a bad owner you don't know what it's like to love a team owned by a bad owner. That feeling of hopelessnes and of everything being in vain because the owner of the team will find a way to screw it all up.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Whoa whoa whoa, in the US people misuse dude all the time. I've heard comedians make fun of it. I feel like, over the years, people have attempted to take the gender out of the word, "dude".

I'm curious though, are you in favor of firing McHale midseason or no? Your stance on Les and Morey is clear.

13. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Basically, everything that needed to be said and put in a short, concise way.

Bravo.

14. malakas

malakas Member

really?? Ok then I apologise. I had no idea it was a gender neutral term.

I am in favor of firing McHale because he supposed to be good in one thing. Motivating his players. And he has failled in that.
    I am not in favor of taking analytics out of the direction of the team. There is a fine balance to achieve.
    Both the Spurs and GSW use analytics as much as the Rockets but people only blame Morey smh.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Gotcha. It really isn't a gender neutral term during certain periods, but effectively people have used it that way here for the last 20 years. It cracks me up, but it's a word that shifts meaning quite a bit throughout history and it's most definitely gender neutral at times.

http://magazine.good.is/articles/the-history-of-the-dude

1 person likes this.
  16. bigdaddio_

bigdaddio_ Member

change is needed. horsemouth mcfail already said it.

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

McHale is still coach?
    DAMN! I woke up this morning (Australia) and fully expected to read that McHale had been let go.
    That's not going to happen now is it?

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Not sure if cultural, but "dude" is used pretty interchangeably here.

19. jbasket

jbasket Member

The '11 Miami Heat started off 9-8. McHale put on a heck of a coaching job last year and was in coach of the year discussions. Let's relax here.

Off-topic post
    Yes, because people only call guys that. It's not a gender specific term.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I find it hilarious that someone with MALAKAS as a user name which is seriously derogatory in Greek is complaining about the word Dude.

Lol

DD

2 people like this.